Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 31, 2008, 3:23 PM   #1

I am looking for an inexpensive DVR that ideally will do 640x480 interlaced or D1. As a standalone camera, video/audio is important, but I am willing to trade that off for a good AV-In.

My application is a motorcycle with 4 camers pointed rought in the 4 points of the campass. Before finding this forum list, I have acquired an Aiptek A-HD but I am now finding the reviews I wish I had stating the A-HD has sync issues with my target input source: bullet cams and/or spy cams.

The ideal feedback is the forum of samples / reviews. Youtube is a great resources, but hardly anyone lists what equipment they are using. And that is too bad because it would really help folks evaluate equipment with real life samples.

anyway, thanks for your collective wisdom.
Clackamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 31, 2008, 4:04 PM   #2

Aiptek MPVR and VuPoint DV-DA1-VP seem to be quite good from what I have read. I havent tried them personally.

I have a DXG 521 Roadster for use of my bullet cam setup on my motorcycle. It isnt perfect, it has issues at 640x480 res inc random file sizes and blurry images, both are random and annoying. Sometimes 30mins of footage = 500MB or so then the next time its over 1.5GB also sometimes the image quality goes very very blurry. It records quite nicely at the 320x240 res though and the file sizes remain quite consitant.

Heres some footage I took a few weeks ago - originally quality was a lot better before youtube raped it and excuse the B&W bits, had a loose connection

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXZ498DdK3w
DynaMight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2008, 4:18 PM   #3

[ Yeah, I know about the Youtube down scaling]

Thanks! What bullet cam are you using?
Old Aug 31, 2008, 4:45 PM   #4

It was this exact one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-480-line-...QQcmdZViewItem

I have no issues with the kit although the lens is a little more fisheyed than I expected. Makes things look alot further away than they are, going to buy a new lens soon with gives a human eye FOV.

Uploaded to Vimeo which does compress as much. http://www.vimeo.com/1640320
DynaMight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2008, 5:07 PM   #5

Beautiful! I loved the TVBlink Benchmark test. That is awesome.

And I am considering the NTSC version of Sony CCD 480TVL.