Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 13, 2008, 1:40 AM   #1

Well, I guess this sub 200 cam was too good to be true.. This new camera also has the artifact on zoom.. Same thing pretty much as before.. I've love to see some other video samples from AHD+ zoomed in on a white screen.. I think maybe this ebay vendor has a bad batch...

Sigh.. And to top it off, this new one he sent me took a bump somewhere.. It has some cosmetic damage on the battery cover..

So, I have the same problem, and am a bit more dissapointed as well..\

Sigh..

Eron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 13, 2008, 1:50 AM   #2

Ok guys.. Nevermind.. Chalk this one up to not enough sleep and playing with this way too late at night..

I was viewing video off my memory card that had previously taken shots with the old camera.. I am a dumb ass,,

However, My batt compt. is still scraped and dented!

Eron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2008, 6:21 AM   #3

1 your camera is good yes? since you forgotto unlaod theclips , it happ's.

2 why not look at the Aiptek sight anduh go to where you see all the battery doors; See pic below fig 1.

get to that Ebayer and ask em to- with your Picture of the damaged door to reship;

A) a cam while you hold on to this one

B)a new battery Door, even off the old one you sent back, and return postage for you to give th edoor to them

C) D9 E) the list can go on you know the rest.

fig 1

Eron wrote:
Quote:
Ok guys.. Nevermind.. Chalk this one up to not enough sleep and playing with this way too late at night..

I was viewing video off my memory card that had previously taken shots with the old camera.. I am a dumb bottom,,

However, My batt compt. is still scraped and dented!
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2008, 10:53 AM   #4

Fishycomics,

I noticed that they don't seem to sell the extended battery cover on it's own ie you can only get it with a battery and in black only. Must please those who have the grey models. Would make your hybrid resemble those cars you see with the odd colored door from a junkyard :G

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2008, 11:36 AM   #5

Rgvcam.

They make the A-HD, andplus battery and cover Blue only, while

A) red brown silver are other camera colors

so yes a smart car, or two tone LOL

also the same would go for Go-Hd action hd

Takea look at the last pic it is a GO-HD+ new to me. was it that they were going to call the Action Hd the GO-HD+?

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
Fishycomics,

I noticed that they don't seem to sell the extended battery cover on it's own ie you can only get it with a battery and in black only. Must please those who have the grey models. Would make your hybrid resemble those cars you see with the odd colored door from a junkyard :G

Old Sep 13, 2008, 1:30 PM   #6

Yes that last designation is certainly an interesting possibility. As has been mentioned on this forum before, there is too much confusion in their models.

Perhaps that's why they chose the Action HD instead of GO-HD+ to try and reduce confusion although naming the z600 as the Action HD Pro is only going to add to it again...
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2008, 1:50 PM   #7

if the covers were sold seperately yes I grab them, so I can just get a battery LOL

not sure how sealed it be anyway LOL
Old Sep 13, 2008, 10:40 PM   #8

What about this, confusing:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Aipte...oductDetail.do
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2008, 6:02 AM   #9

That was on Aipteks site. some how they pulled the Aiptek HD-1 or whatever name they gave it off the webpage.

Now it shows up in CC.

remember its a CCDsenser not a cmos senser so price varies for more expensive part,

Asi am reading

This camera is a 3 mega-pixal with a LOWER level lighting and Auto focus on stills, nothing saidif on video, they are excluding a number of important features that make up for this newer cam.

So Aiptek is going foward with a higher end model today, but souinding like they took some steps backwards.

Do I want a 3 meg cam with a CCD sensor no av input Auto focus still.

Not sure when there is no write up or proven samples of the damage they have done to all who gott hem where they are today.

Wayne12 wrote:

Quote:
What about this, confusing:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Aipte...oductDetail.do
Old Sep 15, 2008, 8:29 AM   #10

It depends, CMOS they use for many HD hybrids is reasonably low end, CCD could be higher grade. If the sensor has less pixels with larger sensor pads, it can be better again. But if it is lower grade, then it can be worse.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote