Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 13, 2008, 11:48 AM   #1

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/avs-video-editor/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjN4N1wGQSw video

take advantage of this now

it isa free softwae and you'll be able to edit all your H264and more software if you miss out you'll get anotherchance when it repeats ifit does.

Enjoy a videosoon to be shown

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 13, 2008, 1:56 PM   #2

Thanks fishycomics. I just downloaded it. I haven't had a chance to play with it much but it seems to load my HDV178 files fine and I am using it under Vista 64-bit, just in case there are other Vista 64-bit users out there.

My only concern in the readme.txt is where it says "You have to install it before the Giveaway offer for the software is over."

I hope this doesn't mean I can only install it once ie if I have to uninstall it for some reason, that I can't reinstall it as this would make it useless in my opinion. Of course, if it just means that you need to install it then so they can register you in their database for activation then hopefully it means I can then reinstall on the same computer (if needed) no problem...

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2008, 2:13 PM   #3

did this on Camtasia a screen recorder. loaded weeks laterworked for me. I even reformatted XXX times stil got it working.

I am testing it now.

I find that Hd 1080p wil stutter so did the Jazz not as much but I am on XP

i see the clipsworkig.i am saving a movie now nothingspecial, and around under 3 minutes around 30 minutes to finish

between my other programs it is not the best my CPU is being Kicked bad

as I type this I am in SLow motion real slow Mo...

but hey it's a start.

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
Thanks fishycomics. I just downloaded it. I haven't had a chance to play with it much but it seems to load my HDV178 files fine and I am using it under Vista 64-bit, just in case there are other Vista 64-bit users out there.

My only concern in the readme.txt is where it says "You have to install it before the Giveaway offer for the software is over."

I hope this doesn't mean I can only install it once ie if I have to uninstall it for some reason, that I can't reinstall it as this would make it useless in my opinion. Of course, if it just means that you need to install it then so they can register you in their database for activation then hopefully it means I can then reinstall on the same computer (if needed) no problem...

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2008, 9:11 PM   #4

Well I have been trying to use this software to edit an mpeg2 movie extracted from a DVD and its not been very stable.

I had to rerun scene detection on one of my mpeg files several times before it did it without crashing! Then while editing the video the program crashed and forgot that it had imported the video and all the detected scenes had disappeared. Even reloading the saved project did not bring them back although I the time line video still remained.

Another problem with the timeline video I noticed is that the thumbnails seem to be regenerated everytime you start the program and reload the project!

I also noticed that you cannot generate video titles which you can do easily in Pinnacle Studio. If you can then I'd love to know how as I can't find it anywhere. Of course that can be fixed by just creating an image and using that to superimpose the text onto, but I would've thought such a basic feature would be included.

Now of course, this could be due to my running it on Vista 64-bit. Either way it looks like I will stop using this software. After an evenings editing I don't want to lose it all when it crashes!

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote