Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 17, 2008, 8:35 AM   #31

Wayne12 wrote:
Quote:
I forgot, I am wondering if there is more burn out in the new camera's video, and if this might be a side effect of the anti-rolling shutter snapshot technique on exposure.

Does anybody else feel that there is more burn out?
Yes I noticed that, but to be fair I think I'll wait for a few more video samples.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2008, 8:47 AM   #32

Quenaelin wrote:
Quote:
Looks good, only problem is with loud sounds, but I guess it compensates for good audio sensitivity in silent environments. There should be some volume control in camera, but I guess Aiptek never will include it in their cameras.
Yes this seems a perennial problem with hybrids. Auto gain seems so obvious a thing to have that it makes me wonder if it is more difficult to implement than we think. Perhaps it's too unreliable and they have erred on the safe side and implemented it as fixed audio for the most common type of scenes that it will be used for and generally, as long as not recording where there is very loud music, then it will be ok. Of course there are many times, that we need to be able to record loud music which can be a problem especially down here where they tend to play loud music at their fiesta's and piƱata's etc!
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:04 PM   #33

they probalby se everything to their defualt + 6db or hwatever it is was..........

why we need repeat repeat a increment on our ourn, but only way we can tell if the scenery iscorrect is to plug in our ear bud hearwhat you'r re sampling sounds good , hit record not good increment.............

Yes i seen onlinesome micro snap ons for camera phones I am sure if one can make their own lens adaptors it be like a snap on of a jacket button.

wide fish tele distant 35mm etc.....

these Aips are deffently a modders cam why they do notgo further is beyon our ideas.................
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2008, 2:51 PM   #34

Our friend DAHOOL23in Vimeo has uploaded a new video

http://www.vimeo.com/1753620

And also there is a few new videos about the Aiptek z600 on youtube

(note you can get the high resolution version of a YT video by adding &fmt=18 at the end of video)

(can hear a bit of wind in the microphone)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaLSPoypjFw&fmt=18

zoom test (quite good)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5wlGTmnuJQ&fmt=18

introduction to z600

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyTNinS0NoM&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h0LmTyd1rs&fmt=18

delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2008, 7:04 AM   #35

That is becouse they even can't add cheap high pass windcut filter in these low budget camcorders, windcut filter is build-in in almost every external microphone available and every real camcorder manufacturer are adding it to their internal microphones as well. But there is still mic-input in this camcorder, so you could do volume control and windcut filters as much as you like without too much modding needed.

delta wrote:
Quote:

Quenaelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2008, 11:23 AM   #36

so true buyig a micwith switch a volume control etc makes this the something to look further into, ifwanted that.

Quenaelin wrote:
Quote:
That is becouse they even can't add cheap high pass windcut filter in these low budget camcorders, windcut filter is build-in in almost every external microphone available and every real camcorder manufacturer are adding it to their internal microphones as well. But there is still mic-input in this camcorder, so you could do volume control and windcut filters as much as you like without too much modding needed.

delta wrote:
Quote:

Old Sep 19, 2008, 1:44 AM   #37

A brief note (still busy here) I looked at the footage I have here from other cameras, and the z600 looks noisier, lower latitude, more interpolation problems, and color I will have to see. The only thing it has going is the elimination of rolling shutter (but better fast minor rolling shutter at 60fps than interpolation, noise and low latitude). I am impressed with some of the quality a bit.

looking at the footage from the Action HD (1080 camera), it looks better. Looking at the footage from the DXG 595v I think it is better again. looking at the footage from they Samsung it looks better again. haven't reviewed the older cameras. However, my machines stutters away, so your opinion of the differences in footage you have is appreciated (talking fine details at normal size (where the window will hang off the side of the screen to render video pixel to screen pixel because it can't fit all the pixels, not fit to screen/fulls screen).

Looking at the interpolation issue, which we saw in previouse sensors caused by the quality of their on chip binning process, the red color issue, and latitude and noise, and no rolling shutter, I am guessing this is not a sensor from micron, but a major/minor manufacturer, and maybe even a CCD. If I am right in my guess, this might explain a few things. So, Action HD remains the best cheap half reasonable pocket HD camera out there, and the DXG in camcorder format, as far as picture goes (control and hand-ability and workability are other issues people should consider as well). What do you think?
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2008, 4:00 AM   #38

awaiting the release of the HSHD , then that confirms your theory.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 1:45 PM   #39

I think we can rule out the CCD for the z600 as it says it is a 5MP CMOS sensor on the German Aiptek website.

Old Sep 20, 2008, 5:34 AM   #40

I hope so. Sites make mistakes, I have seen CMOS feature listed as CCD in times past. The output does remind me of CCD's that big companies produce. A shame, it means buying a DXG (not really pocket) or Action HD. If only Samsung had same data-rate for 720p50 on the Full HD camera, that would be a good buy, and could be done in firmware update, but I don't think they will.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote