Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 13, 2008, 6:39 PM   #1

orginal owners video section

http://vimeo.com/1725118
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 14, 2008, 1:06 AM   #2

That looks terrible Fishy, what happened?
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2008, 1:21 AM   #3

Fishy, it looks like a non h264 quick-time encoded video in the download link, is there anyway to download the original? The encoding might account for the burn out. Sigh, it would be great if it had been 16mb/s H264.

Thanks.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 10:43 AM   #4

Wayne12 wrote:
Quote:
Fishy, it looks like a non h264 quick-time encoded video in the download link, is there anyway to download the original? The encoding might account for the burn out. Sigh, it would be great if it had been 16mb/s H264.

Thanks.
You are not going to get 16Mb/s in a hybrid anytime soon. Even the low to mid range Sanyos don't achieve this.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2008, 10:48 AM   #5

posted above the orginal Link .

as for size, of whatever.

I think you would be happy with 1 minute of video of one gig.

sometimes bigger is not better and sometimes we are forced to move up.

glad I have my HD glad i can save at a decent file size,

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
Wayne12 wrote:
Quote:

Thanks.
You are not going to get 16Mb/s in a hybrid anytime soon. Even the low to mid range Sanyos don't achieve this.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 4:41 AM   #6

well, the first 'good' thing I can see, is that no visible rolling shutter defect is displayed in those videos

Nevermind that 'the quality is not top notch like those Hollywood movie films!! ".. this is obviously a digicam.

Thanks for posting. Would you care to shoot some more around the house/city? people, moving objects, pans, tilts, from inside a vehicle or something along those lines? :idea:
subc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2008, 5:59 AM   #7

must respond to the owner not I LOL on vimeo

subc wrote:
Quote:
well, the first 'good' thing I can see, is that no visible rolling shutter defect is displayed in those videos

Nevermind that 'the quality is not top notch like those Hollywood movie films!! ".. this is obviously a digicam.

Thanks for posting. Would you care to shoot some more around the house/city? people, moving objects, pans, tilts, from inside a vehicle or something along those lines? :idea:
Old Sep 15, 2008, 9:12 AM   #8

subc wrote:
Quote:
It is worst than any HD hybrid I have seen here since the HD1 (K6 and TX1).
Old Sep 15, 2008, 9:20 AM   #9

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
Wayne12 wrote: You are not going to get 16Mb/s in a hybrid anytime soon. Even the low to mid range Sanyo's don't achieve this.
You wont make yourself look anymore intelligent by yelling!

Sanyo is irrelevant, there have been chips for 16mb/s from the beginning (the cancelled Samsung pocket was to have above 16mb/s ambarella chip two years ago). If we don't see them by Christmas, it will probably be by Christmas next year when Ambarella, TI (Kodak codec ship) Sony or somebody else will probably have their power envelope down enough to do it. Besides a Canon Tx1 does 35mb/s, so I supposed technically your right so far (and I'm personally planning on getting a pocket camera that does 800mb/s next year anyway).
Old Sep 15, 2008, 9:56 AM   #10

Wayne12 wrote:
Quote:
rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
Wayne12 wrote: You are not going to get 16Mb/s in a hybrid anytime soon. Even the low to mid range Sanyo's don't achieve this.
You wont make yourself look anymore intelligent by yelling!

Sanyo is irrelevant, there have been chips for 16mb/s from the beginning (the cancelled Samsung pocket was to have above 16mb/s ambarella chip two years ago). If we don't see them by Christmas, it will probably be by Christmas next year when Ambarella, TI (Kodak codec ship) Sony or somebody else will probably have their power envelope down enough to do it. Besides a Canon Tx1 does 35mb/s, so I supposed technically your right so far (and I'm personally planning on getting a pocket camera that does 800mb/s next year anyway).
Actually I am not yelling. The convention is for YELLING IS WHEN YOU USE ALL CAPS. I apologize if you seem to think that was my intention. If you would care to see previous posts, this is a font I often prefer for readability on my screen.

Just because there are chips out there capable of 16Mb/s doesn't mean they'll use it. If they are planning to use those chips, I very much doubt they will be jumping straight to 16Mb/s by Christmas.

Of course, I would be VERY HAPPY to be proven utterly wrong and have to eat my words because I too would love a hybrid with that kind of bitrate! :G

You are planning on getting an 800Mb/s Camera, what do you plan to play the videos on, a Cray Super Computer :lol:

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote