Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 10, 2008, 5:41 PM   #91

they say dv-avi is the best format for dvd disks...........

I now export to WMV-HD in [email protected] load to youtube and vimeo, I do not have to fool around for HD in youtube no more it converts.

WMV is half of quicktime file. and wmv on certain cameras can be degrading.

dvd section of majix is sweet. a very enexpensive program with expensive features....................

I am awaiting for a better deal before i grab 14 plus. and they offered iclone and a few otehrs i may opt. not sure if they'll offer less again
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2008, 6:00 PM   #92

Fishy,

That is good to know that I can take my WMV-HD files and upload directly to youtube and vimeo and they will work without having to convert them.

So that makes 3 of us so far that I count on this message board that export our edited movies in WMV-HD format. With that kind of compatibility with Windows Media Player and YouTube and Vimeo...it seems like the right choice at the moment.

I noticed that you export at 720p. Do you film at 1080p and export at 720p or do you film at 720p originally?
davedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2008, 7:02 PM   #93

[email protected] it is 720P I edit and save to wmv hdv1 in magix [email protected]

i do film in 1440x1080 then I have to minipulate the vid to a 16:9 from a 4:3. by going to object property
Old Nov 10, 2008, 7:13 PM   #94

jazzhdv178 wrote:
Quote:
260DET wrote:
Quote:
Rather than start another topic thought I'd pop in here, give you guys a bit of a break from your high end stuff 8)

Basic editing for a newbie using a Digilife DDV-1080HD and Windows XP - Windows Movie Maker or Arcsoft Total Media Extreme? The latter does not seem very good http://www.arcsoft.com/en/forum/foru...s.asp?TID=1130 but then WMM may not much good either.

By basic editing I mean - cutting and joining, titles, soundtracks and simple touches like fadeouts. So, what do you reckon?
WMM does thebasic tasks you want, but the XP version is not set up for HD processing very well. The Vista version has several HD output presets and is much better at HD processing. BUT, if your input file is using H.264 video codec, you need to get that codec since it's not included with WMM. FFDshow-tryouts is the best codec package for this (freeware)
Thanks for that, I've also heard that HD can be worked by using custom PRX profiles downloadable from papajohn.org and saved in WMM2's Profiles folder.

I'm not sure if that is basically the same as what you suggest but at least there are now two avenues of approach

260DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2008, 7:15 PM   #95

a very known person popaJohn, and a great person for info. at Windows moviemakers forum

I admire his work, his book and super friendly ifasked..........

260DET wrote:
Quote:
jazzhdv178 wrote:
Quote:
260DET wrote:
Quote:
Rather than start another topic thought I'd pop in here, give you guys a bit of a break from your high end stuff 8)

Basic editing for a newbie using a Digilife DDV-1080HD and Windows XP - Windows Movie Maker or Arcsoft Total Media Extreme? The latter does not seem very good http://www.arcsoft.com/en/forum/foru...s.asp?TID=1130 but then WMM may not much good either.

By basic editing I mean - cutting and joining, titles, soundtracks and simple touches like fadeouts. So, what do you reckon?
WMM does thebasic tasks you want, but the XP version is not set up for HD processing very well. The Vista version has several HD output presets and is much better at HD processing. BUT, if your input file is using H.264 video codec, you need to get that codec since it's not included with WMM. FFDshow-tryouts is the best codec package for this (freeware)
Thanks for that, I've also heard that HD can be worked by using custom PRX profiles downloadable from papajohn.org and saved in WMM2's Profiles folder.

I'm not sure if that is basically the same as what you suggest but at least there are now two avenues of approach
Old Nov 10, 2008, 10:58 PM   #96

260DET wrote:
Quote:
jazzhdv178 wrote:
Quote:
260DET wrote:
Quote:

Yes, you're right. I have both XP and Vista machines, but I have not tried the new profiles for HD on my XP machine since the Vista Machine is already set up for it.
jazzhdv178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2008, 2:48 AM   #97

davedude wrote:
Quote:
Fishy,

That is good to know that I can take my WMV-HD files and upload directly to youtube and vimeo and they will work without having to convert them.

So that makes 3 of us so far that I count on this message board that export our edited movies in WMV-HD format. With that kind of compatibility with Windows Media Player and YouTube and Vimeo...it seems like the right choice at the moment.

I noticed that you export at 720p. Do you film at 1080p and export at 720p or do you film at 720p originally?
VIMEOwill take just about ANY format as an upload (.WMV, .AVI, .MOV, MP4 etc. etc. etc.) They all get converted to Flash Video by VIMEO, and you need to have the Flash Player installed on your computer or the upload won't get processed properly.
jazzhdv178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2008, 5:36 AM   #98

as stated on their site what is allowed.........

I uploaded a wmvhd and the vid was damaged , due to Vimeo.so as usual I deleted and reloaded after vimeo attemtped another try on the first one

the second loaded, and as well on youtube, both came out Standard def LOL

well I am sure something I did must have ben wrong but not.

Vimeo allows you to delete the very first clip or any clip and you recieve credit of megs back if not known . and you can reload a Hd again.

just thoughtI addd that info here a lil OFFTOPIC.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 1:24 PM   #99

When you guys edit your video, does the preview windows always play the video choppy but when you make the final video it plays smooth? I am thinking I might need to upgrade my processor to edit h.264 MOV files smoothly.

davedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2008, 2:06 PM   #100

reason why I filmedin 1280x720 with the aiptek action.

previews

I use the jazz it plays rough very rough, the avi format cnnot beseen but once in the editing line you see it.

I use the Aip A-HD I get a choppy video more then the newer ver in 1280x720

I use the Aiptek A-HD+ and in 1280x720 I get a smooth video, in 1440x1080 it is rough

same goes for the Action HD

IfI play any clip, and I add transtions I do not see themwork,sometimes i see them but not all.

hope that answers your question

this is on the 12. ver 14plusmay be a lil better but deffently not I used a slower pc and it did the same as above,

davedude wrote:
Quote:
When you guys edit your video, does the preview windows always play the video choppy but when you make the final video it plays smooth? I am thinking I might need to upgrade my processor to edit h.264 MOV files smoothly.