Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 11, 2008, 5:06 PM   #101

Fishy,

That answers my question very well. Thank You!

I will just assume that when I edit HD video the preview windows will always be choppy no matter what processor I have.

Thanks!
davedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2008, 5:49 PM   #102

you are welcomed.

I just find it at times hard to edit with trans. but professional video is straightcuts and fades no more

davedude wrote:
Quote:
Fishy,

That answers my question very well. Thank You!

I will just assume that when I edit HD video the preview windows will always be choppy no matter what processor I have.

Thanks!
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2008, 3:14 AM   #103

I also get jerky transitions in the edit mode with my system which is a decent Intel Core 2 2.13 gHZ system with 2 GB of ram and a upper middle ATI graphics card. The rendered video is smooth. Although I don't like that, I can live with it, I guess, butI have just found something I cannot live with with Movie Edit Pro PLus. I layed down one video track, blanked the sound track on it, then layed down a different video with sound as a PIP (using the video"image size and position" tool to shrink the frame size and place it on the larger initial video. When playing in edit mode the sound is in sync on the second video, but after rendering the movie the sound is way out of sync... at least 1/2 second ahead of the video. The sound track was "chained" to it's respective video trackduring the rendering process, but that didn't matter. I could live with thesecond video being slightly slower or faster as long as the sound was in sync with it, although I think the timeline should be the deciding force in the final cut.

Has anyone else found this a problem? Any workarounds?
jazzhdv178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2008, 4:13 PM   #104

The MPEG video/audio synchronization problem is common among most of the NLEs I've tried.

In Magix, there's a way to fix it.

You can RIGHT MOUSE CLICK on your clip while in the Magix EDIT mode.

Then you should see a pop-up menu.

Select CREATE FRAME TABLE (NEW). Then render. That often fixes the problems.

This has to do with difficulties inherent for NLE software in reading MPEG files, supposedly.
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2008, 12:30 AM   #105

Private Idaho wrote:
Quote:
The MPEG video/audio synchronization problem is common among most of the NLEs I've tried.

In Magix, there's a way to fix it.

You can RIGHT MOUSE CLICK on your clip while in the Magix EDIT mode.

Then you should see a pop-up menu.

Select CREATE FRAME TABLE (NEW). Then render. That often fixes the problems.

This has to do with difficulties inherent for NLE software in reading MPEG files, supposedly.
Thanks for the tip.I lucked uponanother workaround.

I used GSpot to scan the two videos I was working with. One was a native.AVI file I shot with with my JAZZ HDV178 camcorder. It used H.264 video codec andADPM Audio codec, but I deleted the sound track on that one after I loaded it intoMEP14+. The other was an .AVIclip I D/L from a web page. It wasa HUGE file with RAW BI_RGB bmap video and MP3 audio.

Ire-encoded the large filewith VDubModinto an .AVI container usingH.264 video codec and MPEG-1 layer 3 audio codec., then loaded that into MEP14+. That not only reduced the file size from 4.6 GB down to 78 MB, but also kept the sound in sync when the movie was output, but I don't know why. I thought maybe freeing up a ton of memory had something to do with it.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 1:59 PM   #106

I just wanted to mention I have been testing video editing software for my DXG-595v and Aiptek Action HD. The ONLY editing package that has been able to show my 1080p captured video SMOOTH in the preview window when editing (without conversion) is

Pinnacle Studio Ultimate 12.1

The IMPORTANT thing is you MUST get the version 12.1 patch for this to work (Free patch for version 12 owners). It will import the audio correctly as well.

davedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2008, 9:57 PM   #107

Is there a simple way to advance a clip in Magix Movie Edit Pro 14 PLus one frame at a time, and more importantly, is there a simple way to jump to the next key frame?

I find if I make a cutat a random point in aclip from my JAZZ HDV178 native .AVI file, my exported movie will have flickering at the clip points unless I by chance happen to do the cut at a key frame. WMM seems to do this automatically, avoiding any flicker, and I have another editor that will not do the cut until I go the the key frame before or after my cut point, with a button to jump to that point. With MMEP14 I have to zoom into about 5 frame level and move the current position indicator by hand until I elimintae the scene change flicker. There HAS to be an easier way!
Old Jan 20, 2009, 6:47 AM   #108

Please advise utility for simple cut/crop/merge 720p h.264 mov files (from Aiptek cam) without recoding. Just crop-and-save. Is there exists?

UPD: Solved by Quicktime Pro, LOL
PaulBunkie is offline   Reply With Quote