Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 15, 2008, 12:21 PM   #11

I'm talking about edit points.

There are tiny glitches in the output of video files when Corel's so-called "smart render" feature is turned "on."

The advantage of "smart render" is speed.

The disadvantage is output quality suffers.
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2008, 2:14 PM   #12

Well, i'm downloathing director7 and magic as i type. i'm going to try them both.

If anyone else has any suggestions please post . I'll try them all

UPDATED:

Ok, got done trying power director seems to have problems. For some reason i get a conflict message if i load a 16:9.But allthe 4:3 works fine. have to mess with that some more.

The shake remover does work nicely though.

Anyone else try this one out ? I'm just wondering if it's something i'm doing wrong.

Updated 2:

I think I like the magic movie editor better than power director .

The controls seem better in magics and the sliders atleast have number increments for adjustment too.

But ,I think the shake remover works better and easier in power director.
Maxprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2008, 9:28 AM   #13

I just got Magix Movie Edit Pro 14 loaded here and -- so far -- I'm extremely, EXTREMELY impressed.

This program's feature set seems to be the biggest and best in the sub-$150 price category, in my opinion.

Ever since Corel killed the Ulead MediaStudio Pro product, I've been searching for a Windows alternative and now I believe I've found it.

In my opinion, this program easily beats:

1. Corel/Ulead VideoStudio X2
2. Pinnacle Studio Ultimate
3. Sony Vegas Movie Studio
4. Adobe Premiere Elements

...leaves them in the DUST!!!

The audio editing tools are simply ASTOUNDING for a program that costs so little. I spent only $65 for this program at Newegg.com. Check out the interface:

The video display window automatically transforms into a widescreen (16:9) aspect ratio when one inserts high definition video clips.

Aiptek .MOV H.264 clips load perfectly!

I wish Magix would make a Macintosh version.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 12:25 PM   #14

Ihave been trying it fora day or so and I like it.I likethe number increments on the slider adjust. Power director didn't have them, only a slider.( if it's there ,I didn't locate it)

Ithink this is what i'm going to get.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:16 AM   #15

I like the Cyberlink PowerDirector interface, but it crashes too often for me to trust upgrading to version 7. Maybe I'm just stupid, but Adobe Premier Elements 4 just seems hopelessly difficult to figure out how to do even the simplest things.

I'm interested in the Magix Movie Edit software. I'd like to know a couple of things about it.

- will it accept a variety (.mov, .asf, .avi, jpg) files in one project?

- if you wanted to insert a title, how easy is it to set up:
- how long the title displays
- how the text appears and disappears
- where on the screen the text is placed
- the colors, size, font, borders, shadows
- where on the timeline the title shows up
- can you "edit" a title so it has some graphics, or a translucent banner behind it?
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2008, 4:42 AM   #16

After using magix 14 for 2 days. I think it is really good. Now, mind you.this is my first use of video software. but ,I made a test video for you.

http://s425.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=518b7b15.flv

This was just something I put together really quick. But, I think it shows how even a noob like me can figure it out.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 10:36 AM   #17

I've been editing video since the 1980s (more than 20 years).

Magix is the best... period.

One thing this teaches me is that I'll never listen to Web or magazine reviewers again because some of the reviews I've read about this product have been extremely STUPID.

One reviewer actually recommends Adobe Premiere Elements over this program when Elements can't even handle AVCHD and has an interface with far less power and far less ease-of-use/logic.

Oh well, Magix is now my #1 choice on Windows.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 10:38 AM   #18

SGSpirit, I've played with the Magix titler and it is the most intuitive titler I've seen yet!
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:46 PM   #19

I have to agree with you Private Idaho. Just using this for 2 days I really am surprised how good it is.

Here's a sample of text editing I did for something else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_h-V8vcJ_0
Old Sep 17, 2008, 1:29 PM   #20

magix- I have been using when I got it free with rebates, awaiting 14 d do the same. I may opt for sony MOVIE not vegas as ialready have that, and will trial soon

Magix has issues just like any other progam on the market so why go into great detail or complain

1. updates avaiable, and will fix issues of"

dvd burn, the Dvd section will hang never knowing when it is done, and only way I know is timing it let sit come back test out not in the Pc but the player by the tube only. Update patch is better not fully fixed ( on 12)

2 memory Allocations unsure if update fixed or went bye bye, if a 1 min or 10 min project it will allocate and render it bad i needed to back out and save, this is not only on a project, but as well on a save so either way one must be careful.

3 transition of simple like a fade may work just fine, but when adding difficult or other types you'll not notice them, i am fully installed with the disk. So rather just place them in i keep simple at times and makes for a mor professional look.

4. MP4 will not work.

so woud Sony , Pinnical, and Ulead be any part of this , YES they are. and that is what makes magix so wonderful

we all have prefrences and opnions just at times one cannot learn in just a few days of playing

the trial is7 days and extended one month if asked, even by then every day playing will not make you a pro or master this.

try some Bluescreen keying andsee how difficult it is to work, I have to agree in ways but Sony may be a better program on other plugins, as well as any program vs. program v program.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote