Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 17, 2008, 7:20 PM   #21

You're using an old version, Fishy.

I'm using version "14 Plus" -- a brand new version with full AVCHD high definition support and I'm not encountering the issues you've described.

If I do, I'll be the first to report.

But so far, the performance of Magix Movie Edit Pro 14 PLUS has been stellar on my Dell Optiplex with Intel Dual Core and 2GB of ram on Windows XP service pack 3.

In fact, I've not encountered a bug yet and I'm a former Ulead beta tester with a lot of experience testing buggy programs.

So, I'll keep using it and I'll see if I run into anything like what you've described.

By the way... my version "14 PLUS" of Magix is not the newest.

Magix in Germany has just announced a full-blown PROFESSIONAL-LEVEL editor and you can check out the interface:

This new Magix editor isn't yet available here in the U.S.
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2008, 8:44 PM   #22

I wonder when we will be getting the new Video deluxe 15 Premium? I wonder if I should just wait for that.
Maxprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2008, 3:37 AM   #23

LOl

yep 14 plus was sweet. i will wait for the free rebate one, and missed the 65.00 at frys.com

1 Allocation on 14 plus, was present with it wonder if it was just me and the laptop or pc, if program needed XXXX memory

2 transitions , fade was alrightto show but others hard so still not a big issue b/c again maybe it was my pc or laptop

I was using not a super fast one and it still managed to do its job.

now seeing that pro one yes blows others away for sure on my Xmax wish list.

Maxprime wrote:
Quote:
I wonder when we will be getting the new Video deluxe 15 Premium? I wonder if I should just wait for that.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2008, 11:49 PM   #24

Thanks to those who answered questions about the Magix 14, and went to the trouble of testing things and making sample videos.

One last question. I can't find any specific specification that the program accepts as input the H.264 files that my Sanyo CG65 takes. The files have .mp4 extensions. Will it indeed accept these files?
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2008, 4:02 AM   #25

12 will not 14 may or may not upload a sample:Gwe'll test it out

sgspirit wrote:
Quote:
Thanks to those who answered questions about the Magix 14, and went to the trouble of testing things and making sample videos.

One last question. I can't find any specific specification that the program accepts as input the H.264 files that my Sanyo CG65 takes. The files have .mp4 extensions. Will it indeed accept these files?
Old Sep 19, 2008, 11:00 AM   #26

Well, Magix Movie Edit Pro 14 PLUS does accept H.264/.MOV files from the Aiptek Action HD here.

So I am fairly certain it will accept the files from the Sanyo VPC-CG65.

Remember, it's necessary to ***ACTIVATE*** MPEG-4 encoding support by clicking HELP > ACTIVATE ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS.

One can then just click a button to request an automatic return e-mail from the Magix server and then you'll get an e-mail with a link that you can click to activate. This is FREE for three-out-of-four additional functions, including MPEG-4 support.

I have no trouble at all with MPEG-4 here.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 11:01 AM   #27

P.S. The one function that costs an addition $10 is DOLBY 5.1 encoding support.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 5:16 PM   #28

http://avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Editor.aspx

avs4you editer seems goodforfree. and theofficial sites DL. I am fooling around with it.

I like the simplicity of use. open project, import clips add trans efx andsong with ease, save movie, choose dvd. and place dvd in buned.

I do not like when adding songs in and it is a lower sound, and cuts off at end, no fading out, unless I am overlooking.

I like it being basic. supports Hd and will save HD. I made a 9 min clip at taken a short time about 30 minutes tops from start to opening the program to finshed watching on the tube

this is not the actual editer or pic but on it site

Old Sep 20, 2008, 7:37 PM   #29

Private Idaho wrote:
Quote:
Well, Magix Movie Edit Pro 14 PLUS does accept H.264/.MOV files from the Aiptek Action HD here.

So I am fairly certain it will accept the files from the Sanyo VPC-CG65.

Remember, it's necessary to ***ACTIVATE*** MPEG-4 encoding support by clicking HELP > ACTIVATE ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS.

One can then just click a button to request an automatic return e-mail from the Magix server and then you'll get an e-mail with a link that you can click to activate. This is FREE for three-out-of-four additional functions, including MPEG-4 support.

I have no trouble at all with MPEG-4 here.
I think I am going to trial this, but what is the difference between the plus version and the regular version? They don't seem to have a comparison table so it's not obvious what I would be missing if I got the regular version. Considering the plus version is twice the price, I don't want to spend that much if unnecessary.

I am currently trialling Corel's Videostudio 12 as well. It seems to be working ok but if magix turns out to be better then obviously i'd go for that one.

I use Pinnacle studio 9 at work and used to use an early version on my old PC at home a few years back. Out of all the video editing software I have used, I still think Pinnacle Studio is the most intuitive for a home user and was thinking of just buying that until I read negative reviews about its stability. I really like it's simple title creator and I think it's DVD menu editor is much better than Videostudio's.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2008, 8:49 AM   #30

MAGIX Movie Studio 14 PLUS differs from Magix Movie Studio 14 in that the "PLUS" version supports 99 tracks instead of just 32 tracks.

Both Magix programs offer professional-level power and, therefore, if you like very simple video editing programs then you might not like the Magix programs.

I've used professional-level programs in the past, so the Magix program is quite easy to learn and use.

I tried Pinnacle Studio and it was just too buggy; it couldn't even pull video off of a DVD disc that had been recorded in a DVD camcorder without errors.

If you want something really simple, then I'd look at either the CyberLink PowerDirector or the Serif MoviePlus X3.

I believe Magix is going to challenge Adobe Premiere Pro with this new program "Video Pro X," which is only available in Germany, currently.

"Video Pro X" by Magix even supports high-end HD formats such as Sony's XDCam: