Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 22, 2008, 9:27 AM   #41

Correct.

By the way, Newegg.com is now offering the "classic" version of Magix Movie Edit Pro 14 for a mere $38:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16832609031

Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2008, 9:39 AM   #42

Amazon.com have it for the exact same price as well and both do free shipping. Whenever this occurs I tend to go amazon.com as they have better return policy. Still I am in no hurry and want to fully test this software before I make my decision. If it is the one I won't mind paying a little more if the price goes up.

From reading on the magix website, I have confirmed that the option is not available in the trial version. I also read someone had problems with the mp4 files anyway and had to convert them which doesn't sound good. This is one of the problems with not being able to trial it.

Private Idaho, are you able to import and edit mp4 video from Sanyo Xacti (regular mpeg4 not h264) without any problems?
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2008, 10:16 AM   #43

I do have access to a couple of Sanyo VPC-CG6 camcorders (which I donated to my employer). So I'll try to do a test for you today.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 10:24 AM   #44

Private Idaho wrote:
Quote:
I do have access to a couple of Sanyo VPC-CG6 camcorders (which I donated to my employer). So I'll try to do a test for you today.
Thanks, hopefully this should clear this up.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 5:40 PM   #45

oops maybe the caffeen is too much or les LOl sorry again...

if thetrial unleashes all but it may just hold back one or two items, that may be the issue.

yo do have full control and I am sure when ended the reg key is pulled back and left a block in your regestry.

mp4 I may have to look more into

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
are you sayingyou cannot trial magix?

I did justjust that 6 weeks.
Fishycomics, if you read my posts you will see that I am indeed using the trial but from what Private Idaho is saying you can only activate the mpeg4 support on the purchased version, or can you do this on the trial? Having said that, I am a bit confused since the trial obviously does support mpeg4 since I can load the Sanyo files if I convert them to an AVI container. I assume the activation is to allow the use of the mp4 container?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2008, 6:28 PM   #46

In my purchased version, I had to click HELP > ACTIVATE ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS > ACTIVATE MPEG-4.

Then you'll see a menu with a button that you click to send a request to the Magix server.

The Magix server will then send an e-mail to you.

You then click the link in the e-mail and PRESTO!

I'm working late tonight so my test with the Sanyo VPC-CG6 may have to wait until tomorrow morning. I'll try to do it tonight, but work may go later than usual.

I'm sure it will work. Thanks for your patience. I'll post the results by tonight or tomorrow.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 6:58 PM   #47

OK, I just got an unexpected break, which gave me time to do the test.

BINGO.

I was able to import the 640 x 480, 48khz, 16-bit, (Correction: .MP4 extension) MPEG-4 file recorded by a Sanyo VPC-CG6 without any problems! This is standard MPEG-4 and not H.264.

(I knew it was going to be a successful test.) :G
Old Sep 22, 2008, 7:03 PM   #48

By the way, I've also made certain to upgrade my Quicktime to the latest version.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 7:08 PM   #49

Bottom line: Magix Movie Edit Pro 14 supports .mp4 (MPEG-4) files.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 11:24 PM   #50

Private Idaho wrote:
Quote:
Bottom line: Magix Movie Edit Pro 14 supports .mp4 (MPEG-4) files.
Thanks for the test! As expected the activation option is not available on the trial. Still got some more testing to do, but unless some serious flaw comes up, I think I'll be buying this. Amazon.com as usual seems the place to beat. The boxed version is even lower even than magix website download version.