Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 18, 2008, 5:19 AM   #11

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
sent an email out only a auto response so far.

still no change or findings?

I await a correction befor ordering or confirmation.

Aip site nothing so far.
I did the same thing with the same results. I only notice that the backorder ship dates keep getting further off on BB website.
Maxprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2008, 9:31 AM   #12

The reason I believe this is just the Aiptek Action HD is due to the fact the 1440 x 1080 frame size is a specification shared by both the Action HD and the Euro AHD Z600. So, if Best Buy were getting ready to offer the AHD Z600, why would they show a photo of the Action HD? Clearly, the AHD Z600 photos are readily available. So why not use one of them? No, I'm still guessing this is just the Action HD waiting in the wings to be marketed through one more retail channel other than Wal-Mart.
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2008, 12:22 PM   #13

it is and a few of its specs clearly state it:

2.4 inch screen so fourth . i am happy to see we are not alone.And imagine dishing out 200 plus tax and free shippingfor what wealready have? LOl
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2008, 4:27 PM   #14

Private Idaho wrote:
Quote:
The reason I believe this is just the Aiptek Action HD is due to the fact the 1440 x 1080 frame size is a specification shared by both the Action HD and the Euro AHD Z600. So, if Best Buy were getting ready to offer the AHD Z600, why would they show a photo of the Action HD? Clearly, the AHD Z600 photos are readily available. So why not use one of them? No, I'm still guessing this is just the Action HD waiting in the wings to be marketed through one more retail channel other than Wal-Mart.
Now do you mean the Action HD as it currently is? Or an improved version like Bestbuy did with the PVR which was basically the MPVR but with a 5MP sensor (of course that ended up not being much of an improvement videowise!).

The fact that they are calling it the 'Action HD Pro' instead of just Action HD suggests there will be differences and 1920x1080 may be that difference though it also lists stereo sound which is interesting. That could of course be a mixup from the z600 or it might not. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2008, 5:16 PM   #15

Ccircuitcity shows its latest version called the HSHD, and Aiptek the HD-1

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"target and BEstbuy theirs.....................

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Only and only on Aiptek.coms site will the info be right, or will it.:G
Old Sep 18, 2008, 6:26 PM   #16

Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2008, 2:29 AM   #17

People get confused about 1080 and mistake 1080 (1440) for full hd (which is now a popular term). Full HD would be coming eventually, Samsung already does it using ambarella.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2008, 10:36 PM   #18

I thought I'd see for myself if the Action HD Pro is actually a new camera, so I ordered one last week (free shipping!). I received it today, an I'm sad to report that it's a regular Action HD, exactly the same model that Wall Mart sells. The box had a small sticker that said HD Pro, but it's clearly not a different camera. The 1920 x 1080/30 and 1280 x 720/60 specs on the Best Buy website are either a typo or someone put the wrong camera in my box. The camera comes with a sticker on the side that clearly states the max resolution at 1440 x 1080.

I will be returning it tomorrow
eander315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2008, 11:02 PM   #19

eander315 wrote:
Quote:
I thought I'd see for myself if the Action HD Pro is actually a new camera, so I ordered one last week (free shipping!). I received it today, an I'm sad to report that it's a regular Action HD, exactly the same model that Wall Mart sells. The box had a small sticker that said HD Pro, but it's clearly not a different camera. The 1920 x 1080/30 and 1280 x 720/60 specs on the Best Buy website are either a typo or someone put the wrong camera in my box. The camera comes with a sticker on the side that clearly states the max resolution at 1440 x 1080.

I will be returning it tomorrow
They are basically misleading customers. By adding 'Pro' to the name, it gives the impression that this model is an upgrade to the regular Action HD. I wonder if they do this so you can't price match with Walmart? In my opinion this is deceitful.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 4:44 AM   #20

lets see the Firmware. lets see how they updated....

go to menu hold back button on lcd and hitthe menu

that means together and you can just do it by holding the back do not let go andhit menu.

I contacted online, directed me to the store line. while BB is fully responsable