Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 26, 2008, 9:07 AM   #21

The model number on the inside of the battery bay is Z5X5P. I turned it on briefly to see if the higher resolutions were available, but it functioned exactly the same as the Action HD that everyone is already familiar with from WalMart. I was not able to get the firmware version using your instructions. I tried several button combinations but wasn't able to get any info out of it.

I I think the higher resolutions on the Best Buy website are typos, though the generic image they use is also misleading. It's also possible that they were mis-informed by Aiptek, but I would hope someone from Best Buy would at least open one of these things before they sell hundreds or thousands of them to unsuspecting customers. If it weren't for this forum I might not have noticed the difference until it was too late. My parents (for instance) would probably never notice.

Edit: Does anyone have an approximate release date for the Action HD GVS (or whatever they're going to call it)? Christmas is coming soon, I would hope we wouldn't have to wait too much longer
eander315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 2:17 PM   #22

do this as i did call the mode button a menu my bad......

HIT the mode you will see 4 icons set cam vid files and voice correct.

HOLD the backspace of the lcd screen and then hitt he mode again that simple. see video a lil blurry but you get the idea

eander315 wrote:
Quote:
The model number on the inside of the battery bay is Z5X5P. I turned it on briefly to see if the higher resolutions were available, but it functioned exactly the same as the Action HD that everyone is already familiar with from WalMart. I was not able to get the firmware version using your instructions. I tried several button combinations but wasn't able to get any info out of it.

I I think the higher resolutions on the Best Buy website are typos, though the generic image they use is also misleading. It's also possible that they were mis-informed by Aiptek, but I would hope someone from Best Buy would at least open one of these things before they sell hundreds or thousands of them to unsuspecting customers. If it weren't for this forum I might not have noticed the difference until it was too late. My parents (for instance) would probably never notice.

Edit: Does anyone have an approximate release date for the Action HD GVS (or whatever they're going to call it)? Christmas is coming soon, I would hope we wouldn't have to wait too much longer
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 2:23 PM   #23

Sorry, I already returned it. For what it's worth, they didn't give me any grief at least.
eander315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 3:18 PM   #24

I placed a link up oh well no biggie. and also said late sept mid oct-dec

return it is best that you did , and wil lwait for the new one later on by nov I am sure a release black friday LOL

eander315 wrote:
Quote:
Sorry, I already returned it. For what it's worth, they didn't give me any grief at least.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 9:13 AM   #25

eander315 wrote:
Quote:

Perhaps you should contact Bestbuy (unless you already did) about changing their misleading description. It even says it has Stereo Audio Recording!
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2008, 11:51 AM   #26

As I did just that: see Below info

they are Bb andrather help me out finding the correct info yousee they redirected to the Store well its best to headdown to minnesota near the Airport by the malls of America on route 35 or so and speak to them in person LOL

I am Ana with Best Buy Dot Com.

I understand your concern and I really appreciate you took the time to let us know this situation.
Let me inform you that the "Sales Department" can provide you all the information and specifications that you need about the products and they can also place the order for you. They do have online information. You can reach them at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289).

Thanks for your time!

Ana
Best Buy Customer Care

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
eander315 wrote:
Quote:

Perhaps you should contact Bestbuy (unless you already did) about changing their misleading description. It even says it has Stereo Audio Recording!
Old Sep 27, 2008, 12:13 PM   #27

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:

they are Bb andrather help me out finding the correct info yousee they redirected to the Store well its best to headdown to minnesota near the Airport by the malls of America on route 35 or so and speak to them in person LOL

I understand your concern and I really appreciate you took the time to let us know this situation.
Let me inform you that the "Sales Department" can provide you all the information and specifications that you need about the products and they can also place the order for you. They do have online information. You can reach them at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289).

Thanks for your time!

Ana
Best Buy Customer Care
Sounds like a typical canned answer. I like the 'Let me inform you that the "Sales Department" can provide you all the information and specifications that you need about the products and they can also place the order for you'

I suspect all their reps would do is lookup the same website along with the same wrong info. I say this from experience in their stores about stuff. At first you imagine they have a different internal store database when all they do is go and lookup the exact same thing as you could do sitting at home!
Old Sep 27, 2008, 2:07 PM   #28

it is a repetive response, I am again awaiting an answer. I wonder if again we tell them hey somethings wrong they'll correct it but it be too late. LOL

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics wrote:
Quote:

Thanks for your time!

Ana
Best Buy Customer Care
Sounds like a typical canned answer. I like the 'Let me inform you that the "Sales Department" can provide you all the information and specifications that you need about the products and they can also place the order for you'

I suspect all their reps would do is lookup the same website along with the same wrong info. I say this from experience in their stores about stuff. At first you imagine they have a different internal store database when all they do is go and lookup the exact same thing as you could do sitting at home!
Old Sep 28, 2008, 3:11 PM   #29

again just recieved a reply and iti s a answer out of a books page LOL

Old Sep 28, 2008, 6:00 PM   #30

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
again just recieved a reply and iti s a answer out of a books page LOL

Well I guess it's probably one of beauracracy in that they can't alter webpages until they verify the information through certain channels (which they should've done in the first place of course) and this no doubt takes time. It's probably not going to be at the top of their list of things to do. Therefore they will give you a politicians answer so they don't commit themselves to anything :G