Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 18, 2008, 8:37 PM   #1

Occasionally my Aiptek A-HDdoes not power up correctly. I'll open it up and the blue light will come on but the screen will remain blank for several minutes. Then, eventually after a few minutes, it will power up. However it does not read the SD card and it indicates that it is using the internal memory. I then have to remove the SD card and push it back in and alliswell again.

This is a problem I've been having since I bought my A-HD. It's intermintent and happens about 20 percent of the time, but it's starting to get very frustrating. Has anyone else been having this problem? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I just want to add that I love my A-HD, even with it's flaws this little camera is a hell of a deal!
Yort is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 19, 2008, 4:09 AM   #2

Yort welcome aboard first...........

1cam is it new from the store or did you just go to a ebayer.

2 sd card is it new, what brand, and try the following:

A in pc format , sometimes I reformat again for verification. if Pc does not format it, then I also go into anothr cam and format there not the Aipte but another company.

B now go to Aips cam place in does it see it in thecam as a sd card lower right is a icon, now format in cam, feel free to do it again.

and then it may work.

3. see if your battery as well is making good contact.

this should remedy the issue. if not then my last resort would be a return swap.

Yort wrote:
Quote:
Occasionally my Aiptek A-HDdoes not power up correctly. I'll open it up and the blue light will come on but the screen will remain blank for several minutes. Then, eventually after a few minutes, it will power up. However it does not read the SD card and it indicates that it is using the internal memory. I then have to remove the SD card and push it back in and alliswell again.

This is a problem I've been having since I bought my A-HD. It's intermintent and happens about 20 percent of the time, but it's starting to get very frustrating. Has anyone else been having this problem? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I just want to add that I love my A-HD, even with it's flaws this little camera is a heck of a deal!
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2008, 10:31 AM   #3

Thanks Fishy for your welcome and reply. I bought my A-HD at Target in september of last year (1.408 firmware, incidently my low light performance is very good with this version - so I have decided not to upgrade my firmware), anyway I have a 1gb Ridata Pro 66 Sd card that I bought for my previous camera in 2005. I suspect that the problem is the SD card, maybe it's too old or slow. I have reformated the card several times but the problem remains. The battery is secure and has never been an issue. I guess I'll buy a new SD card and see if that fixes the problem. Thanks again.
Yort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2008, 4:34 PM   #4

I hear ya. till a sd card is ofa major brand I guess. I use sandisk A-Data. panasonic PNY and think I have a kingston floating around some where all work fine.and all general speedexcept the panny
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote