Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 9, 2008, 9:55 AM   #31

The Wikipedia article on Image Stabilization does a great job of explaining this technology, including the use of gyros. Highly recommended reading if you're not already familiar with image stabilization:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_stabilization

eander315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2008, 11:33 AM   #32

you will never get a perfect steady shot espcilally on such small devices and this company.

using a tripod eleminates this. and when one is not in hand you then must use a stance. holding the cam to the body and arms always bent in and leaning on a wall.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2008, 10:31 PM   #33

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
you will never get a perfect steady shot espcilally on such small devices and this company.

using a tripod eleminates this. and when one is not in hand you then must use a stance. holding the cam to the body and arms always bent in and leaning on a wall.
Hello thanks for the link read that one and found another really good one see below, Question seems like there are to types mechanical and electronic with the mechanical gyroscopic supposdely being the best so how much of an improvement would you get with this type of stabilization opposed to none at all, are you saying these relatively inexpensive gyros wont make much difference. Just wondering if it's going be worth the extra money. Guess this is mere speculation at this point until the actual unit comes out for evaluation.

Tom j.

http://www.videomaker.com/article/1413/
Curt31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2008, 5:37 AM   #34

you got a low buget company using low budget parts tryingto become a major company from 1997 theyare doing their best with what is delt to them. They arethreiving on this forumfor ideas and they listen andmonito, and without passing information, no more will keep going foward with what they're doing.......

My own twocents. it is a Hyundai compared to a rolls royce, well lets be fair a hyundai to a honda or infinity.

the cams stabilizer will work but not like a sony or canon etc. it may still be digital, possable optical soon the image stabilization, if only in video or picture , maybe both. the white balance and other settings were one time on stills only and now video.

yes only on bettercamsIsee a betterstabilzation I may be wrong and forgive me if I am thanks
Old Oct 10, 2008, 10:13 AM   #35

What's really going to be interesting for me is to find out if there's this issue with colors that we've seen in samples from the European version of this camera... the AHD Z600.

The reds almost look fluorescent! :lol:
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2008, 2:19 AM   #36

Private Idaho wrote:
Quote:
What's really going to be interesting for me is to find out if there's this issue with colors that we've seen in samples from the European version of this camera... the AHD Z600.

The reds almost look fluorescent! :lol:
Doesn't that only occur in low-light conditions? I didn't notice that behavior in regular daylight or well-lit interior shots, but I've only seen a couple of videos. If it's a major problem I'll definitely be looking at other options.

Edit: Ahh, the video below shows some truly terrible reds. I really hope they fix this in the GVS.

http://vimeo.com/1907912?pg=transcod...mp;sec=1907912
eander315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2008, 10:16 AM   #37

It makes me wonder if their Q&A department is asleep again. I hope this does not turn into another PVR where we thought it should just be a firmware fix which never arrived. Apart from the lipstick reds, it seemed a promising camera.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2008, 10:29 AM   #38

Jazz elite HDV-178 we see the over powering ofcolours

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
It makes me wonder if their Q&A department is asleep again. I hope this does not turn into another PVR where we thought it should just be a firmware fix which never arrived. Apart from the lipstick reds, it seemed a promising camera.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 12:19 PM   #39

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Jazz elite HDV-178 we¬*¬* see the over powering ofcolours
[/quote]
Yes but that's common with many cameras. The GVS has has reds that just clearly aren't right.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2008, 1:08 PM   #40

yes i see what you mean the red Plum van

could this be the senser. 250.00 I think I stick with the HD700