Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 24, 2008, 2:21 PM   #11

I think I've made up my mind to go for the Vivitar from a UK supplier as I can get one for £69 with all the same extras included.

I also liked the 178 betteras it's for my sons little hands, buthe will be happy with this.

I enjoyed your review vids and found them really useful

Thanks

Slamdunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2008, 2:29 PM   #12

Looking at the stats I've posted above is there anything to indicate that it has the night vision mode.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 3:16 PM   #13

it is called night mode will cause the vid to slow motion. i should do vid tuts on theis thanks
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2008, 3:33 PM   #14

Hi I have just joined the forum and I am in the UK.

I am interested in the Jazz 178 possibly the 188.

Having looked around here and other web forums at various comments on these cameras I am keen on the 178. Jazz products are however more difficult to get a hold of in the UK.

I see that this http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...tiveda3069-21k is the Jazz 188 repackaged as Vivitar DVR 565 (although it states 5MP not 11MP)

This http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/2867_6021.htm is the Jazz 178 repackaged as Aldi's Traveller (unfortunatley this is no longer available - it may come back at a later date - it also states 5MP not 11MP)

both only supporting 4GB SD cards - would much prefer the Jazz product for 8GB SD.

I can get a Jazz 178 from a couple of retailers in the US sub $100, Amazon, Teptronics (Converter required not sure which one?).

I would however still consider the 188 and I came across this Jazz Elite http://www.amazon.com/JAZZ%C2%AE-ELI...70&sr=1-37 on Amazon and wonder if this is a new 188 product or just the same:

Any comments appreciated.

P.S I had written this comment in tidy html but forum not allowing html?
vinyl.dj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2008, 4:18 PM   #15

Welcome aboard VIN..........

jazz elite HDV-178 or 188 elitie is the style or model.

there is a germany base company forgot , sorry,

I am sur they say 5 mb cmos senser and left out interpolated to 11 meg.

I always forget I have a 11 meg camera with me LOL the jazz 178.

teptronics yes a NYC company

converter yes you may need, the ac adapter must be use it will only and only work wit hths cam unless you have a correct wire scheme. the charger will work on most models but other model chargers will not.

if you have a Ipod or gps you may test it out to chargeand save the converter. or get yourself a ext charger?

If other members wantto digdeep infinding the germany bas model they wil or direct you to other simular jazz names.

vupoint may be one
Old Oct 19, 2008, 4:58 PM   #16

Looking at most of my mobile phone chargers, they say 110 -220v so I reckon they have a macro processor that works out which voltage they are receiving.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 5:06 PM   #17

yes they willwork if you have the correct prongs for a outlet.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 5:10 PM   #18

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
yes they willwork if you have the correct prongs for a outlet.
like this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/US-USA-to-UK-P...d=p3286.c0.m14
Old Oct 19, 2008, 5:13 PM   #19

Jay-Tech HDV 24

JAY-tech VideoShot DVH22 Camcorder

Odys MC-HD 800 HD-Camcorder

these are the german base cams page 10 of the review hope that helps out some
Old Oct 19, 2008, 6:05 PM   #20

I have the HDV178 as well and it should work in the UK without any voltage converter since the adaptor has 100-240V on it. Obviously you will need the plug adaptor.

I'm a British expat myself living in Texas and find that most, if not all mobile devices sold these days seem to be multivoltage, even the cheaper devices such as Aiptek and Jazz.

When I visited the UK I took a bunch of electronics with me, and didn't need to use a voltage converter at all. While I didn't have the HDV178 at the time, I took my Sanyo C40 camcorder and can confirm it didn't blow up when I charged it over there :lol: I guess they figured it would be silly not having variable voltage now for devices that people are very likely to take on vacation to foreign lands!

Of course, you should always check that your adaptor says 100-240V as using a device intended for the US in the UK would be more disastrous than the other way around!

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote