Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 19, 2008, 6:24 PM   #21

LMAO:

man what's that movie Just married, the movie where thenewlyweds plug in the 120vav and blows up the mansion. wit hthe smart car. Oh man I must rewatch that LOL

sorry to go off topic LOL
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2008, 10:08 AM   #22

WOOO-HOOO

I've justbid and won on a brand new sealed 565 hd ( jazz 188 )for £43 + £!0 p&p from a UK ebay shop seller. which works out at 85 bucks, what a deal.I've been watching for a few days to see what they go for and theysell at 47, 51, 55, 60 etcand have a BIN of 69.99 + p&p. I checked goofbay to see what time of day went for the cheapest and it was 3.30pm while the mums are all on the school run. (no school buses here in England).

I'm well chuffed and had to share my good fortune with you. It's for juniors xmas present, so I won't be needing advice on how to work it until Christmas day, So make sure your up early Fishy:-)
Slamdunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2008, 10:41 AM   #23

...actually, even though it comes with 12 months warranty,I think I'll open it and test it as christmas is a fair way off and I'll want to use my right to return if not ok.

Old Oct 24, 2008, 4:47 AM   #24

sorry to burst your bubble. it is a 10.00 USC savings lol.

while we have astorecalledbestbuy if out overseas will be a new model of its same188 called Insignia.

Yes for you you'll need to learn, for the pup nota problem they are swift within secs they'll beediting the video they shot and done.

thebook isshort andsimple they are easy using cams. wish them Luck merry / happy holidays when approached

great stocking stuffers
Old Oct 24, 2008, 7:13 AM   #25

sorry to burst your bubble. it is a 10.00 USC savings lol.

It's a 188 not 178 and I save on shipping from U.S. I wanted a 178 really, but am still happy to get the more expensive model at this price.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 7:25 AM   #26

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=92

today and on Insignia will be the brand of this cam and ratherrepeat the post or topic I already made. it is again

a 10.00 savings it hurts to purchase a used item on the yardsale to find a instore product for a few dollars (usc) more.

Old Oct 24, 2008, 3:12 PM   #27

It's not used, it's brand new in the box sold by vivitar seller with HDMI 1.2 M CABLE
WRIST STRAP
CASE
USB CABLE TO CONNECT TO COMPUTER
ENGLISH USER MANUAL
LITHIUM ION BATTERY AND CHARGER
HEADPHONES FOR MP3 PLAYER
AV CABLE
for $88 (£53) including the postage. with 12 month guarantee.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 3:51 PM   #28

I hear you

We all love ebay a yardsale looking for the best bargains new used etc............

be weary of new products on ebay they may be new look new, and worse yet be refurbished new without out you ever knowing.

I only say a few dollars more could have gotten you a new one, and understanding the situations................

this camera does sell at 100 USc and today with add'l parts to get new comers attracted to the camera.

I am sure you got a great bargain:

Slamdunkin wrote: [/b]
Quote:
It's not used, it's brand new in the box sold by vivitar seller with HDMI 1.2 M CABLE
WRIST STRAP
CASE
USB CABLE TO CONNECT TO COMPUTER
ENGLISH USER MANUAL
LITHIUM ION BATTERY AND CHARGER
HEADPHONES FOR MP3 PLAYER
AV CABLE
for $88 (£53) including the postage. with 12 month guarantee.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 5:17 PM   #29

I bought it from e com cameras who also sell them on amazon in the link posted by vinyl DJ on page one of the thread, they have now reduced the amazon price to £49.99.

I'm just hoping that the inside components are a similar quality to the jazz as the only review on amazon is a stinker and the only youtube review I could find had an awful background niose that I hope is the server cabinet in the office he is filming in.

I want a jazz 178 but we haven't got walmart here and postage from the states is expensive.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 7:37 AM   #30

After some consideration on purchaing the Jazz 178 from an American source (Ebay) I decided to go for the Vivitar DVR 565 HD from a UK source http://www.ecomcameras.co.uk for a mere £49.99 ($75).

Having owned this camera for a few weeks now and assuming this is the exact same camera as the Jazz 188, briefly here are my observations. (Remember given the price I can't really complain but I will point out anyway)

1.The video quality is decent @ HD (acceptable in low light).
2.Photo Quality is acceptable @ High setting.
3.Feel/hold of the camera is ackward when filming (screen gets in the way of a comfortable grip).
4.The build quality is not particularly soild, border line plastics here, generating unacceptable feedback in the sound during filming. Unless u film in a static position, any movement with your hand (I mean minimal movement of the camera), it will generate all kinds of creaking noises, which is unacceptable during playback. (If there is a way to control this problem with the sound I have not found it yet - apart from switching the sound off).
5. No zoom function with image stabilization turned on.

vinyl.dj is offline   Reply With Quote