Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 24, 2008, 3:28 PM   #1

Wat do you guys think i better. I mean the lense on the Go-HD seemsabviously better, after all an optical zoom is better o have than a digital zoom... but i believe the A-HD+ has more to offer as far as bells and whistles, like TV input and internal memory. I unfortionatley spent way too much at bestbuy.com for te Go-HD and am contimplating on trading it in for the A-HD+ or even possibly getting the Action HD that they now are offering. What do you guys suggest and which Aiptek do you think is better? :?

Thanks for the help
chisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 24, 2008, 4:24 PM   #2

Welcome aboard Chisle

the GO-Hd costs 99.99. the A-HD cost 149.99 the A-HD+cost 169.99 the AHD pro n/a

the Go = the A-Hd all the same with the Go and the A-HD only difference will be 3x optAuto focus and electronic macro. both have av input . fixed focus macro switch 2-4x dig

the Go over the A-HD+ wiil now be 720 over 1080p and 60 FPS,the pro or what ever model the next gen will be. mp3 ext mic 60 Fps nothing more justa lil I say

the Action HD will cost around 185. and 85.00 diference is ALOT but if you can live with out certain features then it is a bargain I think for119.99 when on sale theA-HD andplus are the same price then that is a good bargain.

It's best for you to choose what you want.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2008, 5:04 PM   #3

yea, see i bought the GO-HD off of Bestbuy.com for 179.99... which after looking at the Aiptek web site, i was grossly over priced for it, and infact they are offering the A-HD+ for ten dollars cheaper at 169.99. And so i dont have to go through the whole ordeal of returning the GO-HD and getting a refund and then buying the exact same thing offline else where for the appropriate price i was thinking of just trading in the GO-HD at the best buy store for the A-HD+ since they have that instore and i will actually get 10 dollars back. Does this seem reasonable because i really feel like i was taken advatage of by the fact that bestbuy is offering the GO-HD for 80 dollars more than the Aiptek website offers it for.

And thanks fishy... seen your vids on youtube, has helped me out alot... they are actually what made me decide to go with Aiptek over SVP brand
chisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2008, 5:41 PM   #4

SVP unsure ifa good deal or not some like some hate.......

I hear exactly what you're saying

to recieve the A-Hd and10.00

1 the go-hd has a remote control 15.00 battery 12-20.00 carrying case 5-10.00 and tripod 5-10.00 its around a 35.00 plus bundle pkg that you will not get with the A-HD.

you can always or have these extras. the remote control would be the only extra thing you'll needso taking 35.00 or so off the go's price will make the 200.00 cam around 160.00. andto me I think that would be a good trade if you look at it that way

you'll also want to get a extra batt for extra record time.

Instead of having 30-50 minutes now you'll have up to 90 on a a single battery

i think the A-HD+ bea good trade

can you live without 3x opt zoom and electonic macro, the manual macro will not be super close.

thanks for the compliments

chisle wrote:
Quote:
yea, see i bought the GO-HD off of Bestbuy.com for 179.99... which after looking at the Aiptek web site, i was grossly over priced for it, and infact they are offering the A-HD+ for ten dollars cheaper at 169.99. And so i dont have to go through the whole ordeal of returning the GO-HD and getting a refund and then buying the exact same thing offline else where for the appropriate price i was thinking of just trading in the GO-HD at the best buy store for the A-HD+ since they have that instore and i will actually get 10 dollars back. Does this seem reasonable because i really feel like i was taken advatage of by the fact that bestbuy is offering the GO-HD for 80 dollars more than the Aiptek website offers it for.

And thanks fishy... seen your vids on youtube, has helped me out alot... they are actually what made me decide to go with Aiptek over SVP brand
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote