Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 10, 2008, 12:13 AM   #81

Private Idaho wrote:
Quote:
The individual who reported the problem with preferences not being saved might've purchased a defective model.
The settings lost are the scene: "night mode", the EV, the White Balance, Color, Contrast and Sharpness. All reset to default when you close the screen. Can you please check whether yours holds its values after you close the screen and it enters standby?

Also, the HD100 powers off when you close the screen but my camera doesn't come on again when you open up the screen, like the Xacti HD700 models do.

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2008, 7:21 AM   #82

mine does the same. the same settings you listed go back to default for me as well. don't know why...

One more thing, I bought an 8gb class 6 sdhc cardlast night from microcenter (microcenter brand) and when i inserted the card it read it perfectly, gave just under 3 hours of recording time (at least from what it stated on the screen) after trying to record with the new card, it right away started giving me messages of card error or card full.

Does this mean it can't read 8gb? or do you all think the card is defective? I also inserted the card in a card reader I have for my computer to see why it was "full" as it stated on the camera screen, but the card wouldn't load up on my computer. Any idea why this is happening? If you all could let me know ASAP so I can go return the card. Thanks a lot!
scheme83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2008, 8:18 AM   #83

SDHC cards need a different computer reader from SD cards.

I haven't had any trouble with 8Gig Class 6 SDHC cards in my HD100. Try and reformat it in the camera. It is possible that your computer mangled something when it didn't read correctly.

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2008, 8:34 AM   #84

I took a look at the photos of this Sanyo VPC-HD100 posted by aceMKII (thanks).

Opinions vary, I realize. But this strikes me as the ugliest Sanyo I've seen with the exception of that little water-resistant model that Sanyo introduced a couple of years ago. The body design does not look as sleek as the design of the VPC-CG6 or the VPC-CG65.
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2008, 9:14 AM   #85

hmmm didn't know about the reader, I did reformat, but still gives me errors! You think it may be the brand? Maybe it wasn't a good card.....
Old Oct 10, 2008, 2:33 PM   #86

well I'm retuning it back today! it's just giving me a hard time, and I'm not even putting it to use or enjoying it. Going back to the Aiptek Action HD!
Old Oct 11, 2008, 6:53 PM   #87

Aww, well, I bought a 8gb PNY SD from walmart for $34 and works fine. If anyone needs more examples I'll post more.
aceMKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2008, 1:37 PM   #88

HEY GUYS. 'NEW GUY HERE. I HAD JUST GONE THROUGH A DECENT COMPARISON WITH THE AIPTEK ACTION HD AND THE SANYO VPC HD100. FOR A WHILE, I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO SUPPLEMENT MY CANON HV20 WITH A SWEET POCKET CAMCORDER THAT WILL ALSO TAKE GOOD LOOKING STILLS. NEITHER ONE OF THESE WILL FLIP THE BILL. AT FIRST, I THOUGHT THAT THE SANYO WAS PRETTY SWEET, BUT THEN I REALIZED WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP IT REALLY WAS. 'SAME WITH THE AIPTEK. THE AIPTEK HAD FEATURES THAT ROCKED AGAINST THE SANYO, BUT THE SANYO SHOT BETTER FOOTAGE OVERALL. IT HAS A WIDER ANGLE, A SMOOTHER AND LONGER ZOOM, AND IT SHOT MUCH BETTER IN LOW LIGHT, BUT THE FOCUS WAS SHITTY, I MEAN WAY TOO SLOW. THE AIPTEK WOULD FOCUS IN HALF A SECOND OF FASTER, WHERE AS THE SANYO TOOK SECONDS(EVEN YEARS) TO FOCUS ON SOMETHING. THE AIPTEK HAS A FLASH , BUILT IN CHARGER, HANDLING UP TO 32GB SDCARD, FASTER FOCUS, WHERE AS THE SANYO HAS NO FLASH, NO BUILT IN CHARGER, SLOW ASS FOCUS, HANDLING UP TO ONLY 8 GB, AND OF COURSE, NO IMAGE STABILIZATION FOR VIDEO. THE I.S. FOR PHOTOS WAS A BIT OF A JOKE AS WELL. AFTER CAREFUL CONSIDERATION, I RETURNED BOTH CAMS TO WAL-MART AND WILL PROBABLY BUY MYSELF A HIGH QUALITY DIGITAL STILL CAM WITH HD SHOOTING CAPABILITIES, SUCH AS THE KODAK V1073.

BASICALLY, IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A KICK ASS HD CAMCORDER, GET YOURSELF A BADASS DIGITAL STILL CAM WITH HD CAPABILITY, BUT IF YOU DON'T HAVE A BAD ASS HD CAM, YOU WILL HAVE A LITTLE FUN WITH EITHER THE SANYO OR THE AIPTEK FOR SHITS AND GRINS.

HERE'S SOME FOOTAGE I SHOT WITH THE SANYO: MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD THESE FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE TO GET A BETTER FEEL OF HOW THE FOOTAGE LOOKS.

http://www.vimeo.com/1920123

http://www.vimeo.com/1919982

http://www.vimeo.com/1911661

THERE ARE A FEW OTHERS. TAKE CARE AND SPEND YOUR MONEY WISELY.

SABU

THAIGUYSABU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2008, 1:37 PM   #89

HEY GUYS. 'NEW GUY HERE. I HAD JUST GONE THROUGH A DECENT COMPARISON WITH THE AIPTEK ACTION HD AND THE SANYO VPC HD100. FOR A WHILE, I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO SUPPLEMENT MY CANON HV20 WITH A SWEET POCKET CAMCORDER THAT WILL ALSO TAKE GOOD LOOKING STILLS. NEITHER ONE OF THESE WILL FLIP THE BILL. AT FIRST, I THOUGHT THAT THE SANYO WAS PRETTY SWEET, BUT THEN I REALIZED WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP IT REALLY WAS. 'SAME WITH THE AIPTEK. THE AIPTEK HAD FEATURES THAT ROCKED AGAINST THE SANYO, BUT THE SANYO SHOT BETTER FOOTAGE OVERALL. IT HAS A WIDER ANGLE, A SMOOTHER AND LONGER ZOOM, AND IT SHOT MUCH BETTER IN LOW LIGHT, BUT THE FOCUS WASxxxxx I MEAN WAY TOO SLOW. THE AIPTEK WOULD FOCUS IN HALF A SECOND OF FASTER, WHERE AS THE SANYO TOOK SECONDS(EVEN YEARS) TO FOCUS ON SOMETHING. THE AIPTEK HAS A FLASH , BUILT IN CHARGER, HANDLING UP TO 32GB SDCARD, FASTER FOCUS, WHERE AS THE SANYO HAS NO FLASH, NO BUILT IN CHARGER, SLOW Arse FOCUS, HANDLING UP TO ONLY 8 GB, AND OF COURSE, NO IMAGE STABILIZATION FOR VIDEO. THE I.S. FOR PHOTOS WAS A BIT OF A JOKE AS WELL. AFTER CAREFUL CONSIDERATION, I RETURNED BOTH CAMS TO WAL-MART AND WILL PROBABLY BUY MYSELF A HIGH QUALITY DIGITAL STILL CAM WITH HD SHOOTING CAPABILITIES, SUCH AS THE KODAK V1073.

BASICALLY, IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A KICK A** HD CAMCORDER, GET YOURSELF A BADASS DIGITAL STILL CAM WITH HD CAPABILITY, BUT IF YOU DON'T HAVE A BAD A** HD CAM, YOU WILL HAVE A LITTLE FUN WITH EITHER THE SANYO OR THE AIPTEK FOR**** AND GRINS.

HERE'S SOME FOOTAGE I SHOT WITH THE SANYO: MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD THESE FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE TO GET A BETTER FEEL OF HOW THE FOOTAGE LOOKS.

http://www.vimeo.com/1920123

http://www.vimeo.com/1919982

http://www.vimeo.com/1911661

THERE ARE A FEW OTHERS. TAKE CARE AND SPEND YOUR MONEY WISELY.

SABU

profanity in a general site Please be a lil more careful thank you rededit to yuor descretion
THAIGUYSABU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2008, 6:03 PM   #90

Buy a Fuji S2000HD- it's a good digital still cam and shoots beautiful 720P HD video- much better than any of these sub $300 pocketcams- and the Fuji only costs $269 or so~~~nuff said!
SteveNunez is offline   Reply With Quote