Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 10, 2008, 11:25 PM   #11

My wife immediately commented on the red van and the signs in adalfa's video test. A pity the the reds look like they were colored using lipstick :Gas I was quite interested in this camera.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2008, 12:24 PM   #12

adalfa,

think you could do a photograph (portrait perhaps) or two using the flash? wondering how the light metering is.....

thanks,
randy
sedohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2008, 1:37 PM   #13

Here is low resolution video showing a sound test

http://www.vimeo.com/1939482

I'm quite impressed with the sound performance, this judgement is based on factors, my old ahd200 (firmware 1.6) which I returned to the shop due to poor sound quality and based on the sound quality of my nokia N95.

Today i had the opportunity to play around with a bit more and i'm quite impressed with it, however i did have a technical problem this afternoon that I need to look into it a bit further, well in fact i'm not sure if it was a fault or just a feature, but in the end i had to pull the batery out as it would not turn on or off by opening the lcd screen (basically the blue light on top was on which would indicate the camera should be turned on but it was not turning on)... maybe something silly that I'm doing.

Enjoy!
delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2008, 3:12 PM   #14

And another more extreme sound test

http://www.vimeo.com/1940115

And another using the external microphone socket

http://www.vimeo.com/1940518

Sorry for this last video I did not use an external microphone but instead I used my computerheadphones cable to plug directly into the external z600 mic socket while taking the video of my computer screen with the z600. It seems that the the z600 increases the sound about 2 to 3 times higher then it comes out of the headphones, maybe this is something that can controlled somewhere in the camera...

Old Oct 13, 2008, 8:47 AM   #15

There is really annoying grid lines in this picture, what is it? Is this picture straight from camera? I have noticed that my AHD200 makes these kind of gridlines in low-light videos and that happened after firmware upgrade which should be fixing sound problems, now it looks like same kind of problems still exists in Z600? Is this possible, Aiptek is continuing to sell their products, without fixing anything? It looks like I am not buying anymore Aiptek cameras. I hope Canon SX1 is everything what I need and use AHD200 as secondary camera in bad weather. Though I am waiting for something waterproof and pocketsize which has also HD quality video, maybe Panasonic could make something like that.

adalfa wrote:
Quote:

Lowlight:

Quenaelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2008, 2:48 PM   #16

Yeah the picture is straight from the camera. No editing done whatsoever.
adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2008, 4:40 PM   #17

Quenaelin wrote:
Quote:
There is really annoying grid lines in this picture, what is it? Is this picture straight from camera? I have noticed that my AHD200 makes these kind of gridlines in low-light videos and that happened after firmware upgrade which should be fixing sound problems, now it looks like same kind of problems still exists in Z600? Is this possible, Aiptek is continuing to sell their products, without fixing anything? It looks like I am not buying anymore Aiptek cameras. I hope Canon SX1 is everything what I need and use AHD200 as secondary camera in bad weather. Though I am waiting for something waterproof and pocketsize which has also HD quality video, maybe Panasonic could make something like that.
Could you point out what you mean by this? I'm sure it will be obvious once I see it, but I can't seem to identify the effect you are seeing.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 5:16 PM   #18

OK guys here is the sound test I was looking for, the sound quality of Aiptek Z600 in a racing car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJQUFkdmt8k&fmt=18

This video surely will convince you that the sound is fixed in the Z600.

So far I have just been picking the faults but the fact is that I'm impressed so far, I'm hoping to upload some decent sample videos very soon... keep watching this space.

Enjoy!
Old Oct 15, 2008, 4:05 AM   #19

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
Quenaelin wrote:
Quote:
Could you point out what you mean by this? I'm sure it will be obvious once I see it, but I can't seem to identify the effect you are seeing.
Aiptek engineers don't see them either. Am I only one who sees these white gridlines? Using LCD monitor gridlines are very clearly seen, perhaps if you have gamma settings very low or with normal monitor it doesn't exist so clearly. Try increasing gamma and your monitor brightness/contrast levels. Please could somebody else also confirm those annoying gridlines? Fishycomics?
Quenaelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2008, 8:34 AM   #20

I think I finally see what you are on about, but I think it's a resizing artifact since it doesn't appear on the fullsize image and only seems to appear when a certain size which is probably why Aiptek didn't see it.

When it was showing them, I tried to cut a section out and paste into a photo editor and the lines disappeared. The only way to 'freeze' them was to do a printscreen and *then* cut out a section. Even then I didn't have much success trying to enhance them to make them clearer.

I attached the section I cut out. I assume this is the effect you were on about?
Attached Images