Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 2, 2008, 10:16 PM   #11

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
it is software disk you should see HD-DV decoder driver on there directly on the disk

nothing confusing now is there:G

loading other then that will only get you that.

Hi fishycomics,

Thanks! You know what, my disc is different than yours. It says HD 1080P on it and it doesn't have HD DV Decorder on it either. No wonder why. May be others help me out how doI get the decoder. This is so confusing.

Jeanne
jeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2008, 5:03 AM   #12

I totally understand you..................and not saying it is false.............

below is the software you got, hd1080p and the second line has it.

so when you look at the disk it's not there.and when on the my comp and displays drive it's not there. -- we know how things work:-)

so I wonder if you have the earliest disk then -- and yes I probably can find that one andsnap a pic to, which will have the decoder and the not TOTAL. Aiptek would not release the cam w/o a decoder.

So you have two choices

A) attempt this Dl and I removed the files total photo and eman due to its file sizes just to get the codc and stuff you ask for.

B) contact Aiptek request what is M.I.A.

I suggest you make Aiptek work make them send you thecorrect disk. only cost a few dollars.

First cam out they inlcuded the software less total. second batch they included the whole pkg. And thesite offered for 2.99, now I think 5.00 shipping up to 7 days at around 5-8.00 still around 10.00 breakfast money- see how I did not say lunch money :Gor gas. things gone up and that's life why we are all on a budget hybrid cam:-)

DL file

http://rapidshare.com/files/15050503...older.zip.html

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2008, 9:47 AM   #13

Hi fishycomics ~

Thanks again for your explanation, your link and the photo. See, this is the disc I got.Do I really need that codec file?

I was playing with my video files yesterday night and was able to watch all my videofiles with Total Media Extreme (very jerky motions with real player and quick time). I wasn't able to watch it through window media player though because .mov didn't work there. I was also able to upload it into Vimeo without any problem. Now I am just waiting for the Magix movie edit pro 14 plus to arrive so I can do some editing.

The question is, do I really need that codec/decorder file? I looked at the Aiptek website and couldn't find that disc availablefor sale anyway. Thanks fishycomics!

Jeanne

Old Oct 3, 2008, 9:47 AM   #14

sorry, mistake! please ignore!
Old Oct 3, 2008, 11:16 AM   #15

the right sideat Aipte.com is driver and software it is like i said :-)

you do not need the disk at all. your pc is set up and got codecs loaded that's it.

if you need to play the files then you load the disk andwhat happ's all quicktime now becomes WMP . I did this befor and reset back to QT.

Installation Disk for A-HD Camcorder
Code:ZCD-AHD-TME
Price: $4.99
Quantity in Basket:none
Old Oct 3, 2008, 12:09 PM   #16

Got it! So I don't really need to spend extra $ to buy that decorder (for viewing WMP). The videos look fine with TotalMedia Extreme. I think I just leave it for now. One other question. Is .mov a popular format for other camcorders as well. So if Iget another HD camcorder in the future, I might need that decorder again if I want to watch the video in WMP.

Wow, I can't believe I am learning all these stuff.

Old Oct 3, 2008, 12:14 PM   #17

Jeann, I have that sameexact disk tha it came with theAction Hd model my firmware was 1.308 and the box info 87-420-01100-000V1.0 will ahve NO CODECS.

We went through this with Arcsoft , and those who do not have can just Dl the link. if it works out for you.

it is imortant to some Pcs that we have a driver, but it seems Aiptek may not have done this due to their reasons

a driver and codec are M.I.A. poor doing Aiptek..........