Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 29, 2008, 2:00 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 11
Default

Hi all,

I am new here. I have a few questions if any one of you can help me. I just got the Action HD from Walmart a couple of days ago. I have shot a few video clipswith both1440x1080 and 1280x720 modes. I have read quite a few threads/posts about not using Quicktime to view it but the manual says do.

First, should I download everything from the provided CD disc into myPC?

What progarm should I use to view the HD videofiles in my PC (if don't use Quicktime)?

I have also signed up with Vimeo, I have no probem uploading the regular videofiles (from my Canon Point and Shoot camera video shooting mode) into Vimeo. Is it the same steps for the HD video files?

I readthat a few of you were discussing using the Magix Movie Edit Pro 14 (Plus) for editing. Should I get the 14 or the 14 Plus. I understand the 14 plus version supports 99 tracks and the regular one oly 32 tracks. What does this mean?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions. I just want to make sure I am doing things the right way and not to ruinthe quality of the HD files.

Jeanne
jeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 29, 2008, 4:36 AM   #2
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,621
Default

Welcome aboard jeann. enjoy your Action.

1 codecs are needed , if you already have the codecs, I do not load the Disk of HDDV codec. I did not like it when my files were all changed to WMP icons. I want my Quicktime thumbnails to be vieable, I had that one time, if to WMP I then do not know what is what , just me that I believe HDDV first DL ofdisk does changes eeverything to wim media player

2 Vimeo if you already Downloaded your regular stuff just pick the file and done that simple vimeo does the rest



3 magix 14 Plus 50.00 why get less, I think if you get 14 you may lose out on other freestuff likewe're talking.

magix is a great tool even 12 is so I am sure no matter which one you pick you'll be happy

you can burn dvd in blue ray while others can not LOL

you can do anything keep the sameres etc make bigger etc smaller.

well that's my 2 cents someone else will back me up



jeann wrote:
Quote:
First, should I download everything from the provided CD disc into myPC?

What progarm should I use to view the HD videofiles in my PC (if don't use Quicktime)?

I have also signed up with Vimeo, I have no probem uploading the regular videofiles (from my Canon Point and Shoot camera video shooting mode) into Vimeo. Is it the same steps for the HD video files?

I readthat a few of you were discussing using the Magix Movie Edit Pro 14 (Plus) for editing. Should I get the 14 or the 14 Plus. I understand the 14 plus version supports 99 tracks and the regular one oly 32 tracks. What does this mean?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions. I just want to make sure I am doing things the right way and not to ruinthe quality of the HD files.

Jeanne
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2008, 11:28 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 11
Default

Hi fishycomics,

Thanks for replying. I will try it later. Too busy at work, no time to play with it. BTW, where can I get the $50 14PLUS?

jeanne
jeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2008, 12:42 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Maxprime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 153
Default

Hi, Jeann.

I hope you like your camera.

I downloaded the free trial of magix 14 pro plus. I orderedmine from newegg for $65 and free shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...x%20pro%20plus
Maxprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2008, 5:07 AM   #5
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,621
Default

online frys.com look fortheir sales
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2008, 6:43 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 11
Default

Maxprime wrote:
Quote:
Hi, Jeann.

I hope you like your camera.

I downloaded the free trial of magix 14 pro plus. I orderedmine from newegg for $65 and free shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...x%20pro%20plus
Hi Maxiprime ~ Thanks! I just ordered one from Newegg.


jeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2008, 6:48 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 11
Default

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Welcome aboard jeann. enjoy your Action.

1 codecs are needed , if you already have the codecs, I do not load the Disk of HDDV codec. I did not like it when my files were all changed to WMP icons. I want my Quicktime thumbnails to be vieable, I had that one time, if to WMP I then do not know what is what , just me that I believe HDDV first DL ofdisk does changes eeverything to wim media player

2 Vimeo if you already Downloaded your regular stuff just pick the file and done that simple vimeo does the rest



3 magix 14 Plus 50.00 why get less, I think if you get 14 you may lose out on other freestuff likewe're talking.

magix is a great tool even 12 is so I am sure no matter which one you pick you'll be happy

you can burn dvd in blue ray while others can not LOL

you can do anything keep the sameres etc make bigger etc smaller.

well that's my 2 cents someone else will back me up

Hi fishycomics,

Wher can I find the codecs from the provided CD dsic. When I opened it, I only saw 1) Quick Time Player 2) Total Media Extreme 3) Photo Impression and 4) E manual.

Thanks.


jeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2008, 6:54 PM   #8
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,621
Default

the disk has like you said and the driver. it should load it all.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2008, 7:15 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 11
Default

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
the disk has like you said and the driver. it should load it all.
Hi fishycomics,

I am cofused to where exactly is the codecs? You mean I should load Quick time player even I am not using it, photo impression even I am not using it, e manual (I doubt there is a codec inside) and Total Media Extreme. Which one should I load and where is the driver? Thanks.
jeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2008, 8:03 PM   #10
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,621
Default

it is software disk you should see HD-DV decoder driver on there directly on the disk

nothing confusing now is there:G

loading other then that will only get you that.


fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:47 PM.