Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 29, 2008, 2:00 AM   #1

Hi all,

I am new here. I have a few questions if any one of you can help me. I just got the Action HD from Walmart a couple of days ago. I have shot a few video clipswith both1440x1080 and 1280x720 modes. I have read quite a few threads/posts about not using Quicktime to view it but the manual says do.

First, should I download everything from the provided CD disc into myPC?

What progarm should I use to view the HD videofiles in my PC (if don't use Quicktime)?

I have also signed up with Vimeo, I have no probem uploading the regular videofiles (from my Canon Point and Shoot camera video shooting mode) into Vimeo. Is it the same steps for the HD video files?

I readthat a few of you were discussing using the Magix Movie Edit Pro 14 (Plus) for editing. Should I get the 14 or the 14 Plus. I understand the 14 plus version supports 99 tracks and the regular one oly 32 tracks. What does this mean?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions. I just want to make sure I am doing things the right way and not to ruinthe quality of the HD files.

Jeanne
jeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 29, 2008, 4:36 AM   #2

Welcome aboard jeann. enjoy your Action.

1 codecs are needed , if you already have the codecs, I do not load the Disk of HDDV codec. I did not like it when my files were all changed to WMP icons. I want my Quicktime thumbnails to be vieable, I had that one time, if to WMP I then do not know what is what , just me that I believe HDDV first DL ofdisk does changes eeverything to wim media player

2 Vimeo if you already Downloaded your regular stuff just pick the file and done that simple vimeo does the rest

3 magix 14 Plus 50.00 why get less, I think if you get 14 you may lose out on other freestuff likewe're talking.

magix is a great tool even 12 is so I am sure no matter which one you pick you'll be happy

you can burn dvd in blue ray while others can not LOL

you can do anything keep the sameres etc make bigger etc smaller.

well that's my 2 cents someone else will back me up

jeann wrote:
Quote:
First, should I download everything from the provided CD disc into myPC?

What progarm should I use to view the HD videofiles in my PC (if don't use Quicktime)?

I have also signed up with Vimeo, I have no probem uploading the regular videofiles (from my Canon Point and Shoot camera video shooting mode) into Vimeo. Is it the same steps for the HD video files?

I readthat a few of you were discussing using the Magix Movie Edit Pro 14 (Plus) for editing. Should I get the 14 or the 14 Plus. I understand the 14 plus version supports 99 tracks and the regular one oly 32 tracks. What does this mean?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions. I just want to make sure I am doing things the right way and not to ruinthe quality of the HD files.

Jeanne
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2008, 11:28 PM   #3

Hi fishycomics,

Thanks for replying. I will try it later. Too busy at work, no time to play with it. BTW, where can I get the $50 14PLUS?

jeanne
Old Oct 1, 2008, 12:42 AM   #4

Hi, Jeann.

I hope you like your camera.

I downloaded the free trial of magix 14 pro plus. I orderedmine from newegg for $65 and free shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...x%20pro%20plus
Maxprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2008, 5:07 AM   #5

online frys.com look fortheir sales
Old Oct 2, 2008, 6:43 PM   #6

Maxprime wrote:
Quote:
Hi, Jeann.

I hope you like your camera.

I downloaded the free trial of magix 14 pro plus. I orderedmine from newegg for $65 and free shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...x%20pro%20plus
Hi Maxiprime ~ Thanks! I just ordered one from Newegg.

Old Oct 2, 2008, 6:48 PM   #7

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Welcome aboard jeann. enjoy your Action.

1 codecs are needed , if you already have the codecs, I do not load the Disk of HDDV codec. I did not like it when my files were all changed to WMP icons. I want my Quicktime thumbnails to be vieable, I had that one time, if to WMP I then do not know what is what , just me that I believe HDDV first DL ofdisk does changes eeverything to wim media player

2 Vimeo if you already Downloaded your regular stuff just pick the file and done that simple vimeo does the rest

3 magix 14 Plus 50.00 why get less, I think if you get 14 you may lose out on other freestuff likewe're talking.

magix is a great tool even 12 is so I am sure no matter which one you pick you'll be happy

you can burn dvd in blue ray while others can not LOL

you can do anything keep the sameres etc make bigger etc smaller.

well that's my 2 cents someone else will back me up

Hi fishycomics,

Wher can I find the codecs from the provided CD dsic. When I opened it, I only saw 1) Quick Time Player 2) Total Media Extreme 3) Photo Impression and 4) E manual.

Thanks.

Old Oct 2, 2008, 6:54 PM   #8

the disk has like you said and the driver. it should load it all.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 7:15 PM   #9

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
the disk has like you said and the driver. it should load it all.
Hi fishycomics,

I am cofused to where exactly is the codecs? You mean I should load Quick time player even I am not using it, photo impression even I am not using it, e manual (I doubt there is a codec inside) and Total Media Extreme. Which one should I load and where is the driver? Thanks.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 8:03 PM   #10

it is software disk you should see HD-DV decoder driver on there directly on the disk

nothing confusing now is there:G

loading other then that will only get you that.