Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 1, 2008, 5:13 PM   #1

149.99 a 20.00 saving on its Ad, while Online will say 139.99 10.00 savings.

to make a price of 129.99 no matter which way you look a it.

As no video's are found yet. thisseems to be a new rca small wonder in HD we all been waiting for, no light flash) stabilization, just your plain simple point-n-shoot cam. low lux unknown, and RCA has done good on their part. maybe something we need to keep our eye on, like that Sony webnet cam it came it went.

The cam has all the info below. Int 2 gig memory that is worth about 5.00-20.00 so making it a decent price cam always can add a external memory and that is good. I did not read what type batts it accepts, but read that it has int software , notto edit but to connect to a PC, if editing oh wow be sweet.

wel as always happy filming

RCA EZ300 Small Wonder HD Digital Camcorder
Model #: RCA EZ300HD

Features

Flash drive/memory card: The RCA EZ300 Small Wonder HD Digital Camcorder records onto the 2GB internal memory or to an optional memory card. This camcorder is compact enough to fit into a purse or pocket.

High-definition recording: Capture your surroundings in gorgeous, high-definition 1280 x 720 resolution video. Use the included cables to watch your videos on your high-definition TV.

Zoom: The 4x digital zoom catches all the action, stretching pixels to make the image look even bigger.

2.4" LCD screen: This 2.4" flip-out color LCD screen will give you a clear view of the action.

YouTube upload: Upload your videos directly to online video sites like YouTube using the quick and easy memory manager.

CMOS sensor: The EZ300 features a CMOS image sensor which reproduces high-resolution images. CMOS chips allow for more precise image processing, which means that individual pixels can be targeted for correction rather than the entire image, which is how most CCDs work. Also, CMOS chips perform a lot more of the image processing on-chip, which cuts down on power consumption.

SD/SDHC/MMC compatible: You can also save images onto an optional SD/SDHC/MMC Memory card (up to 16GB) cards for quick transfer to your computer.

Format

Format:Flash Drive/Memory Card
Camcorders come in several different formats. The most common are MiniDV, MiniDVD, DVD, hard drive, Hi8 and VHS-C. See our Click & Learn library to find out which is the best format for you and your family.

View full glossary

Format:Camcorders come in several different formats. The most common are MiniDV, MiniDVD, DVD, hard drive, Hi8 and VHS-C. See our Click & Learn library to find out which is the best format for you and your family.

Flash Drive/Memory Card

LCD screen size

LCD screen size:2.4"
LCD screens allow you to frame, playback, and edit whatever you're shooting without looking through an eyepiece.

View full glossary

LCD screen size:LCD screens allow you to frame, playback, and edit whatever you're shooting without looking through an eyepiece.

2.4"

Remote control

Remote control:No
Indicates a remote control is packaged with the unit for remote operation.

View full glossary

Remote control:Indicates a remote control is packaged with the unit for remote operation.

No

Inputs and outputs

USB 2.0 output

USB 2.0 output:Yes
USB is a standard connection port on most PCs. This will allow you to quickly and easily connect and sync the device with your computer.

View full glossary

USB 2.0 output:USB is a standard connection port on most PCs. This will allow you to quickly and easily connect and sync the device with your computer.

Yes

Firewire output

Firewire output:No
Also called i.Link and IEEE-1394, this connection transmits image and video data from your camera to your computer at speeds up to 400Mbps.

View full glossary

Firewire output:Also called i.Link and IEEE-1394, this connection transmits image and video data from your camera to your computer at speeds up to 400Mbps.

No

Analog input

Analog input:No
An analog input allows you to connect your analog camcorder or VCR to your digital camcorder and copy old tapes into a digital format.

View full glossary

Analog input:An analog input allows you to connect your analog camcorder or VCR to your digital camcorder and copy old tapes into a digital format.

No

Picture quality

Optical zoom

Optical zoom:N/A
Optical zoom is a measure of how close to your subject the camera can focus using the physical lens assembly.

View full glossary

Optical zoom:Optical zoom is a measure of how close to your subject the camera can focus using the physical lens assembly.

N/A

Digital zoom length

Digital zoom length:4x
Once a camera reaches the limits of its optical zoom range, it can use the digital zoom to blow up the information being captured by the image sensor. Digital zoom can get you in closer than optical zoom, but often at the expense of picture quality.

View full glossary

Digital zoom length:Once a camera reaches the limits of its optical zoom range, it can use the digital zoom to blow up the information being captured by the image sensor. Digital zoom can get you in closer than optical zoom, but often at the expense of picture quality.

4x

HD Recording

HD Recording:Yes
High-definition camcorders use a larger image sensor than standard camcorders to capture video at true high-definition resolutions. This requires at least a 2.07 megapixel video sensor. Video captured with an HD camcorder will look great on your HDTV.

View full glossary

HD Recording:High-definition camcorders use a larger image sensor than standard camcorders to capture video at true high-definition resolutions. This requires at least a 2.07 megapixel video sensor. Video captured with an HD camcorder will look great on your HDTV.

Yes

Sensor type

Sensor type:CMOS
CMOS sensors create much less video noise and consume less power than traditional sensors. 3CCD cameras use 3 image sensors to capture images, then combine the information to create an image that's much better than a single sensor could create.

View full glossary

Sensor type:CMOS sensors create much less video noise and consume less power than traditional sensors. 3CCD cameras use 3 image sensors to capture images, then combine the information to create an image that's much better than a single sensor could create.

CMOS

Low light mode

Low light mode:No
Low-light mode allows you to capture video in conditions with less than ideal lighting.

View full glossary

Low light mode:Low-light mode allows you to capture video in conditions with less than ideal lighting.

No

Built-in light

Built-in light:No
Camcorders with a built-in light will give you better results in low light conditions. Most built-in lights can be set to turn on automatically when needed.

View full glossary

Built-in light:Camcorders with a built-in light will give you better results in low light conditions. Most built-in lights can be set to turn on automatically when needed.

No

Image stabilization

Image stabilization:No
Electronic and optical image stabilization systems compensate for normal hand shakiness and movement for clearer pictures and smoother videos.

View full glossary

Image stabilization:Electronic and optical image stabilization systems compensate for normal hand shakiness and movement for clearer pictures and smoother videos.

No

Digital still capability

Digital still capability

Digital still capability:Yes
A camcorder's ability to capture still images and store them on a memory card like a digital camera.

View full glossary

Digital still capability:A camcorder's ability to capture still images and store them on a memory card like a digital camera.

Yes

Resolution

Resolution:N/A
Refers to the number of pixels a device is able to assign to pictures. The more pixels you have, the sharper the picture will look.

View full glossary

Resolution:Refers to the number of pixels a device is able to assign to pictures. The more pixels you have, the sharper the picture will look.

N/A

Memory card slot

Memory card slot:Yes
These slots allow you to capture or transfer still photos to a memory card.

View full glossary

Memory card slot:These slots allow you to capture or transfer still photos to a memory card.

Yes

General features

UPC

Manufacturer's part number
EZ300HD
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 1, 2008, 5:37 PM   #2

Looks like a good value! I might pick one up.
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2008, 4:11 AM   #3

Last week I purchased the RCA EZ300HD from C.City,, I compared it side by side to my Kodak Zi6 and my Flip Mino and Flip Ultra.

I returned it a few days later, reason, the video and audio quality was not near as good as my Kodak Zi6, as a matter of fact I think even my Flips produced better video and sound.

I first heard about the EZ300 months ago and was really looking forward to getting it, sadly it was a waste of time and the restocking fee I had to pay C.City.

My opinion, get a Kodak Zi6 or an Aiptek if you need a cheapie HD camcorder.

Or, get the just being released Aiptek Z600, to be named the "Aiptek Action-HD GVS" when it arrives in the US.

Cheers

Davyo

Davyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2008, 5:42 AM   #4

thank you for theresponse on this Davyo, and welcome aboard...............

no chance of any vid samples?

CC. is known for restocking fees, muast be defective to recieve new one.

Davyo wrote:
Quote:
Last week I purchased the RCA EZ300HD from C.City,, I compared it side by side to my Kodak Zi6 and my Flip Mino and Flip Ultra.

I returned it a few days later, reason, the video and audio quality was not near as good as my Kodak Zi6, as a matter of fact I think even my Flips produced better video and sound.

I first heard about the EZ300 months ago and was really looking forward to getting it, sadly it was a waste of time and the restocking fee I had to pay C.City.

My opinion, get a Kodak Zi6 or an Aiptek if you need a cheapie HD camcorder.

Or, get the just being released Aiptek Z600, to be named the "Aiptek Action-HD GVS" when it arrives in the US.

Cheers

Davyo

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2008, 2:11 PM   #5

Yes, thanks for the warning!

That's the beauty of forums like this.

The camcorder manufacturers can no longer just push junky performance on us and expect to get away with it every time.
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2008, 3:13 PM   #6

Thanks for the welcome fishy, and yes, I do have some video samples that I shot when holding the EZ300HD and the Zi6 together at the same time shooting the exact same stuff.

I will upload the footage late tonight.

Cheers

Davyo
Old Oct 3, 2008, 5:15 AM   #7

Sorry I will not be able to upload the EZ300HD vs the Zi6 video as promised, I was needing to do a few little edits on the footage (removing the part were my girlfriend is in the shower) but my editing software is crashing everytime I try to edit the EZ300HD footage,, very odd.

I shall attempt to keep tring though and will post the footage if I am able to.

Cheers

Davyo