Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 4, 2008, 2:14 PM   #11

walking around the room with the Kodak Zi6, showing its ability to automatically adjust for different lighting - color temps AND intensity......

--> http://vimeo.com/1882644

let me know what else you'd like.......

i'll be sitting around a bonfire tonight and will be using the Zi6 in that environment.....

i also have a scene shot last night side-by-side using nothing but a candle in a dark room for lighting... i'll post that when i can.....

randy
sedohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2008, 2:21 PM   #12

as most want to know I will ask LOL sound. the you lil one made the video a seller. b/c we heard her. so the question would be in an outdoor test we need to know which you think is better SOUND wise
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2008, 2:36 PM   #13

ok........ to be honest, i've been so busy just getting sample vids/pics made and posted, i haven't even watched them. :?

also... i should mention that i have a hereditary condition known as "central tremor" which in a nutshell means... i shake a bit - not too conducive to these little buggers i know but i wanted everyone to know that........ c'mon EIS!!!

during the soccer game this AM, i held both cameras against each and filmed the same scene. hopefully, that will give a good comparison for sound and video......

BUT........

gotta a bon-fire i gotta get the place ready for so that's gonna have to wait - i do have a sample of the soccer game that i'll upload now from the Zi6. the rest are on the camera still.....

i REALLY want to like this little Zi6. the features of the Aiptek spoil me however... i think the next version of the Kodak can be a fantastic hit IF they listen to the consumer (ie, US!) and put a few bells-n-whistles on her...

haven't made up my mind yet of course but having fun putting them both thru their paces...

randy
Old Oct 4, 2008, 3:52 PM   #14

Here's another outdoor sample - shot during a soccer game - of the Kodak Zi6.........

--> http://vimeo.com/1883011

more after the bonfire tonight!! :G

randy
Old Oct 4, 2008, 4:53 PM   #15

the reds were bleeding at one time but I am sure it was due to distance ,and is equil to the JAzz elite model that to me is the sharpness .

The Yellow became washed out when the golie was present and the other yellows of the socks became a Mustard color at times.

The video again looked good compared to the Aiptek close. and this was not watched on vimeo but clicking on the .MOV of video and letting the IE page play it.

I again unsure ofthe sound due to thestand where people can be with 10 feet of shouting distance. if the cam was turned on to the people then Oh boy

so like I said.....................
Old Oct 5, 2008, 10:43 AM   #16

fishy......

i'll post a test, similar to what you did, while talking in a normal voice and moving away from the camera at set increments.

i only have a little bit of vemio bandwidth left for the next 6 days so i'm trying to conserve what i post but i should be able to set the Kodak and Aiptek up side-by-side and do a quick test for ya.......

i can say, the (mono) mic on the Kodak is right below the lens. i have not noticed a decrease in sound -quality or volume - when using it. i have picked up wind noise when filming myself while driving my car but though a bit of a distraction, does not prevent my voice from coming through in quite audible fashion...

on the Zi6 soccer video, the sounds you are hearing are people sitting to my immediate left and right, talking in 'normal' voices. these games are not loud and most conversation is carried on in normal talking voices so, that is what is being said during the game.

you can also get an idea of the sound while viewing the Kodak sample filmed int he park. the young lady is probably 30 or more feet away and speaking to me and what i hear on the video is what i heard live..... no decrement in sound to my ears.

the raw .mov files, when played back, place the mono sound on both channels...

hope this helps.. look for the sound test vid later today.

randy
Old Oct 5, 2008, 10:58 AM   #17

I learned to use WMV files to give more space to Vimeo. and also if you do not like what you loaded that week you can delete to get space back ( hint)

I can wait and not needed for the clips. one can always upload to a site like rapidsahre.com fordirect video

I hear ya on the clips they are good, still not gonna run out and grab every camcorder LOL. I am sure this will be in the top contenders to get.............

riding the sound always gets eaten up by the windshield, possably a deflecter over the Mic LOL.

keep the good work up. you earned it...........