Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 1, 2008, 4:58 PM   #1

Wallyworld had this Samsung sdhc model

real small and when I got my hands on the 299.99 product I laughed. maybe I had a dummy model in handdue to theft, but I laughed because this thing felt like it was gonna desolve like rice paper.

if this had a price tag of 150.00 and was just that I then say lookslikefeels like and must be like I do not have a pic but it cannot be missed.......

the sanyo hd100 wasstill 200 on theshelf unless asked. today thestores are lazy to change tags here

the Action no where to be found

the camera section was POOR real empty, ahd Jazzs 178 99.99 and 188 149.99 correctly labeled, also the flip jazz model and other lil ones........

this is all due to Holida upcomings........................ black friday

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 1, 2008, 6:59 PM   #2

I hate Wal-Mart.
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2008, 7:33 PM   #3

well we probably know why you hate but lets not know its because of that. they dohave some good stuff at times
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2008, 8:05 PM   #4

Though they are only 1 mile away I don't shop there anymore but I did drop by yesterday. They are in the process of remodeling and I wouldn't be surprised if you see the results on TV. Once a few years ago after the store opened and I was there they were shooting a national spot. When I asked why that store they said the ad agency is here in the Bay Area. Since this remodeling is their "new look" and even the sign on the building has changed they'll probably be shooting there again.

I too noticed the Samsung camera but no Jazz cameras which they have carried. I also think a lot of the third rung cameras that they carry are probably about to release sub $99 HD cameras. Wal-Mart is located where Costco used to be (they built a bigger store a few miles away) and Fry's and Wal-Mart fought over the location (the Fry family is from this town) but Wal-Mart won out and Fry's got a bigger store where Levitz used to be in the next town over. The extra distance saves my pocket book because if Fry's were 1 mile away.....

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2008, 8:27 PM   #5

The Wal-Mart atmosphere is what causes my blood pressure to shoot up. The aisles are narrow and disorganized; people crowding everywhere. The camera selection is usually poorly displayed.

For some reason, my blood pressure remains normal when I shop at Target or Walgreens for cameras or whatever...

I wish I could find some reason to like Wal-Mart, but I just can't. I loathe the place. The last time I went there was to return a defective "Action HD." I vowed I would never go back.
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote