Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 9, 2008, 8:00 PM   #1

Has anybody tried to use a 16GB SDHC card with the HDV188? I've read there is a max of 8GB for this model, but I'm not sure if that's only because that was the largest size out there at the time it was written.

Right now there is a deal on one for less than $30 with free shipping, which seems like an amazing deal. Here's the link:

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthr...&t=1001099

Thanks guys
Shimyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 9, 2008, 9:24 PM   #2

30.00 for the cam wow...........

most likely a higher capacity card will work if 8 issaid 16 will work but do notput all your apples in the same basket
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2008, 9:58 PM   #3

It will most likely work with higher capacities. This discussion has also been asked for the DXG 595 for which I asked their support and they said yes it will support up to 32GB. All devices that support SDHC should take up to 32GB baring any individual card incompatibilities.

However I agree with fishycomics, a large card is not advised simply because you are putting all your eggs in one basket. a 4GB card will give you 2 hours and an 8GB twice that which is way plenty to be storing on one card.

Of course I can see where you are coming from in that $30 for a 16GB is a steal and can be used for other purposes, just don't use it to store a vacations worth of video! If you lose the card or camera, you lose it all whereas spreading it out among several cards would be better, or at least offload to a PC etc after a days videoing.

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2008, 5:40 AM   #4

cams today will be largervideo file sizes ,and larger cards.

back in the 90s olympus d360-490 64 mb largest card. was able to read a 128 mb card when recommended at 64 mb.

So Aiptek came out in advance with a 32 gig card is it or 32 meg wil this cam take a 64 gig or meg..

This is a way to take standard SD out of the pic, asking us get sdhc and updated readers. $$$$$$$
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote