Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 13, 2008, 10:31 AM   #1

I'm so interested in this new model by Praktica and really want to see any video sample footages taken with this hd cam. Still nowhere to find sample videos. So, do it here.
producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 13, 2008, 12:11 PM   #2

I am surew it is named the DXG 595/506V

producer wrote:
Quote:
I'm so interested in this new model by Praktica and really want to see any video sample footages taken with this hd cam. Still nowhere to find sample videos. So, do it here.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2008, 11:07 AM   #3

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
I am surew it is named the DCG 595/506V

producer wrote:
Quote:
Hmmm, I am not sure, also the design is much different. Anyway, the most of all I want to know if the picture is stable during camera movement, i.e. not like every others where the picturebends and twistslike shooting thru water waves. So, any info and samples?
Old Nov 14, 2008, 5:05 PM   #4

off by a key sorry DXG
Old Nov 14, 2008, 7:25 PM   #5

Hi Producer,

The Praktica DVC 5.2 FHD was released to the market not long ago so I don't think there is any sample clips anywhere, yet. Being a low cost german company that only releases it's camera selection in Europe, I don't think there will be posted sample clips of it here anytime soon, as the majority of this forums members are from North America. This hybrid camera looks a bit different than those from DXG that Fishy mentions, though the internal parts are most likely the same. Also I read that it has a slightly different lens than the DVC 5.1 HD which looks exactly like DXG DVH 595/596. But again try to search for the DXG DVH 596 or the Praktica DVC 5.1 HD on Vimeo.com cause I think the video quality will most likely be identical.

Link to specs of the Praktica's if anyone is interested: http://www.dcviews.com/press/Praktica-HD.htm

Another low cost german company called Odys also recently released a couple of new cheap HD hybrids. The Odys MDV-Opto HD8000 looks kinda like the as the Praktica 5.2 model. I must say the new Praktica and Odys hybrids borrowed it's body design from the JVC Everio GZ-MG330 camcorder.

adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2008, 3:11 AM   #6

Actually, this new Praktica model has full hd (FHD) 1440x1080 video, while Odys doesn't have it. So, there is a difference and I think it will be better hd cam. As I wrote before, the most I need to know is if this model can shoot a video which is not twisting like a water wave, you know what I mean.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 11:44 AM   #7

Full HD doesn't make a camera better imo. Especially with these low cost hybrids. The higher video resolution doesn't always mean higher video/image quality. Main reason is the low bitrate for video.

The issue with water waves which you mention is called "Rolling Shutter". This is sadly something which all CMOS sensor based cameras have to some extend. Even the 6500$ Sony PMW EX1 has "rolling shutter" in fast motion recording but it's very little and not visible and I think with some manual settings you could minimize even more. With these low cost hybrids that's not possible so you have to be careful how you shoot. Using a stabilizer or tripod would help but if you're shooting fast motion you still have that issue with rolling shutter. What the Aiptek Z500/Z600 aka Action HD/Action HD GVS have is 60p recording option in 720 res. This minimizes the rolling shutter effect to some extend but not completely. To my knowledge the Prakticas only shoots in 30p in all resolutions. So if you're gonna shoot a lot of "motion" then my choice would be the Aiptek AHD Z600 as it handles it better imo. Well it's not that the Praktica can't shoot fast motion at all but the "rolling shutter" is more visible. Try to write "rolling shutter" in either Youtube, Vimeo or any other videosharing site and you will see that CMOS camera all more or less suffer from this.

I think Aiptek is the only low cost company that has a CCD sensor based HD hybrid camera on the market and only available in the US. I don't know how this hybrid performs at all so our American members might be more of a help on that.

Old Nov 16, 2008, 11:58 AM   #8

At the Moment. if Aiptek has a CCD senser, then it may be on the new model coming out called theGVS, otherwise No Aiptek model hasa CCD, they are ALL Cmos.

60f in hi def are theAction and A-HD+ while the latest versions will go a step backward and be D1 settings of adalfa wrote:
Quote:

I think Aiptek is the only low cost company that has a CCD sensor based hybrid camera on the market and only available in the US.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 12:21 PM   #9

Hey fishy,

Oh I thought the HSHD was based on a CCD sensor, but I guess I was wrong:?. Well there are CCD sensor based hybrid cameras but they don't have HD resolution, only in SD. And also lacking the 60p.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 12:46 PM   #10

Aiptek HS-Hd is a 1.6 cmos

thesite you seen it on or read is of circuitcity.com they are now in chapter 11 bankrupcy 20 % ofstores are orwill beleft, while the shopping season will be at its peak in a weeks time.

yes there are CCDsensercams out there for a low budget cam, not Aiptek

we make mistakes and I am proud of that to beone LOL:G

adalfa wrote:
Quote:
Hey fishy,

Oh I thought the HSHD was based on a CCD sensor, but I guess I was wrong:?. Well there are CCD sensor based hybrid cameras but they don't have HD resolution, only in SD. And also lacking the 60p.