Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 13, 2008, 7:45 PM   #1

Hey I'm working on a street luge documentary and we're filming it in HD with 2 cameras setup for stereoscopic 3D! We're shooting 1080p for all of the safe stuff but mounting 20lbs of gear on a street luge prone to cashing wont work. So I'm looking for something as small as possible that will be able to handle the 50 MPH speeds and have a fixed focus. I bought an A-HD+ to test on my motorcycle at speed but vibrations were waaaay to bad. It was probably my quick mount that didnt help.

I was wondering if anyone had tried shooting 3D with these little cameras? Hopefully we'll be able to get a small RC helicopter as well to mount up to for some fun aerial shots. Thanks for the help!
overnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 15, 2008, 3:10 AM   #2

How are you getting the current cams to sync up, so they are taking the frames for left and right eye at the same exact time?
Just curious.

lesdit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2008, 7:41 PM   #3

I've had decent results running at 60 fps, using a remote to start and stop both of them and using a clap board or camera flashed to set the start points. Using After Effects CS3 to get anaglyph video and adjusting the convergence point of every shot and then cut in Avid or Premiere...

I still need to find some wide angle lenses for the cameras
overnite is offline   Reply With Quote