Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 17, 2008, 8:54 PM   #11

I see - 250 does seem a little steep considering the DXG and Sanyo come in under 200 for similar feature sets. I am surprised Amazon would take a pre-order so early and charge people for it. Most pre-orders only open up when there is a set release date and most companies will only charge your card when they ship the item.

I do hope someone does an in depth review of the Sanyo one of these days - does not seem like a bad camcorder for the price, but does lack some features.
speedballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2008, 4:30 AM   #12

that sanny yesterday in my hands again, not working looked awesome

I already own a sanny the hd700,so to repeat the samecam less feature less screen size is not worth getting untill a drastic drop in $$

speedballin wrote:
Quote:
I see - 250 does seem a little steep considering the DXG and Sanyo come in under 200 for similar feature sets. I am surprised Amazon would take a pre-order so early and charge people for it. Most pre-orders only open up when there is a set release date and most companies will only charge your card when they ship the item.

I do hope someone does an in depth review of the Sanyo one of these days - does not seem like a bad camcorder for the price, but does lack some features.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2008, 12:48 PM   #13

What was it that you didn't like about it. The videos I saw shot with it were not that impressive, but I assumed it was because they were shot in 720 resolution and in bad lighting conditions. For the price and features I think I made the right choice with the DXG, I just hope the videos will look as good as the samples posted.
speedballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2008, 2:02 PM   #14

no matter what cam. I believe I said went in lookedat the sanny neverdid compain butralready own one and very pleased just not going to repeat the same purchase of a lesser sanyo no need to have two of thesame less featured model.

Old Nov 19, 2008, 5:46 PM   #15

Greetings:

I very surprised to find out that the DXG-595V has 1920 X 1080 HD video
quality.

Also very surprised that this camcorder is selling for less than $200US.

So does this mean that in 2009 we will see the first full Pocket 1920 X 1080 HD

Camcorder selling for less than $300.00US?

If DXG can do it with a Palm size Camcorder I'm sure another company can do
it for a Pocket Camcoder.

Can't wait for when this happens.

Regards Robert
RobMtl007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2008, 12:22 AM   #16

In August, I bought an Action HD 1080P for my niece's (12th) birthday in early October. Since I had it, I figured I would play with it and learn it so I could show her the ropes for when we would be going to Disney World. After about the 3rd day of carrying the camera around in my shirt pocket, I simply fell in love with it. I've had camcorders of all lineal varieties since I bought a Panasonic semi-pro Super VHS camera in 1986 that was the size of a small bazooka. My last purchase was the palm size Sony HDR-CX12. In all I have owned 6 camcorders. What I have found over the years is that I never really used the cameras that much because it was a hassle to remember/hold/transport them. I found the Aiptek to be a whole different animal. Since it fits in a pocket, I actually found myself taking it with me quite frequently (at times when I would never have considered taking the CX12).

When it came time to surrender the Aiptek to my niece her birthday week, I felt sad to see it go. So, I dedcided to buy another one for myself. Then as I was web shopping for the Action HD I found Amazon to be taking pre-orders on the Action HD GVS. When I found that the GVS stood for stabilization, I made the decision towait until I could buy one, because the only fault I ever found with the Action 1080p was its lack of stabilization.

In the time that I have pre-ordered at Amazon (they haven't charged me anything yet, BTW) I found several reviews of the same camera available elsewhere (AHD Z600). Overall, I think I made the correct choice. Aiptek seems to have gotten everything right except the stabilization in the HD 1080P. The GVS stabilization along with the 5x zoom, seem to predict a very nice pocket sized camera.

Moss
mosspa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2008, 7:09 AM   #17

Moss.Welcome aboard, thank you for sharing a positive outcome.

the GVS not yet available, if and when watch out. Aiptek came a long way and has many more chances to correct their issues
Old Feb 9, 2009, 11:15 PM   #18

guys, these forums are great - I just discovered them.

has anyone actually used the Aiptek GVS and the DXG-595V to compare them? They are my two finalists!

Any feedback welcome...

socaldrummer
socaldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote