Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 31, 2008, 11:05 AM   #21

Yeah, there was some pretty tempting deals on boxing day, 1 million to one contrast ratio 50inch, but $500 too expensive. If they had dropped the previouse full HD Samsung panel to less than $2000 then I might have bought it. They were playing bluray through the cheap Soniq that was using LG or Samsung 720p panel, but I want a 1080p60 camera. The prices even went up on boxing day (the Australian dollar has fallen and they expect all prices to go up from the start fo January).

I found some interesting value though. The Benq T and E full HD 22 and 24 inch monitors. The Asus BH241K (not the other models) gives 130% color gamut (range) over NTSC color (but you will have to calibrate your work flow to accurately use it without stretching your footages color spectrum). The latest NEC/Dell 30 inch Led panels do not give as much, but probably as much as needed and I suspect the next panels (and 8m mpixel+ panels) might give more. I am exploring cheap HD projectors out there (only one display needs to display correct resolution for editing, and one needs to display correct color balance for color balancing)).

Besides I am still waiting for this screen to come
(click on the curved screen icon, I have written to them about 1080 liens of resolution in the finale product).

http://www.ostendotech.com/

Fuzz, I wasn't trying to question that it looked different on TV and computer, that is perfectly possible the way things go (players are different and the TVs these days try to modify and correct image). The compression stuff, yeah I know what you mean, pretty much standard on all Aipteks but still able to convey the warmth of a holiday (and it looks like you have pretty good ones ). Some cameras use less data-rate again. If ambarella+manufactures can find it in their hearts to boost data rate to top level during motion problems, in a firmware update, it would be extremely appreciated, as a present. Standing still 9mb/s is pretty good. As it is now it would be fun to see just how good I can get it.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2009, 12:23 AM   #22

Oh wow, I am drooling at that curved screen. That would make video games or just about anything that much more realistic. Won't be long and stuff like that will be everywhere.
fuzz54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2009, 2:41 AM   #23

Hook over here and check this out fuzz:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...951257#p951257

I have decided that A Samsung 1080p led rear projected 3D TV is good value, but they have stopped selling rear projected int has country. It has something like 140%-160% color gamut. It looks pretty good except for the viewing angle (which I'm still to find out) (and some faulty TV reports). Owners claim very good picture).

3D camera, maybe soon, we hope.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 9:01 PM   #24

Missed out in the 47' LCD with 118% color, but had a lot of without issues anyway.

Got my camera yesterday, the book was squashed on one end) but the camera looked fine. There is something strange about these cameras though. The plastic insert that holds the camera, was brittle, like ti was old, and obviously the package had been pressed down upon and it was fairly broken up. This is the sort fo camera that should have come out a year to two before hand, so I wonder if the camera was delayed, and the packages were stored.

Low light is proving to be not very good. Color is good though, but there seems to be a bug in the white balance producing the problems we seen earlier.

I am writing a mini review, really mini (except the writing of course ). I have to go away so i don't have time t reinstall he computer install the software learn it and research and learn the on-line hosting soon, and have a few things happening. So footage might be delayed for months.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 11:32 AM   #25

Have the 42inch Lcd version. Am unsure about the color range, but quite nice, except after a month sitting on it's own the backlight leakage seems to have become much worse/bad on most corners of the screen with the top corners turning reddish I think. Been lots of rain and high temperatures when I was away.

The camera, disappointing. Did probably over 700 clips and 6-7 hour or footage, most clips in the first week in Sydney, where I stayed on the harbor in a friends unit, which turned out 4 times bigger than I expected. Pretty cool, even if things went wrong and I was sick half the time.

I hoped to get a mini review done, and probably won't be posting much in terms of clips this half of the year due to other commitments.