Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 18, 2008, 8:26 AM   #1

Hi folks! First time posting here at the hybrid cam forum. Been prowling for quite a while and all this good reading is turning me into a.... hybrid cam-aholic :-). So my apologies for this long post/query.

Anyway, maybe you folks could help me decide in getting my first hybrid cam. Lots of choices here in my neck of the woods (Philippines). Here are two inexpensive ones I've found so far, both from DigiLife.

The first, the
DigiLife DDV-9500 Sells for approx. $81USD.
http://cdrking.com/local/products/in...825955-1130439

The second is the
DigiLife DDV-9000. Sells for approx. $74USD.
http://cdrking.com/local/products/in...378963-0651306

Some questions: What's the difference between the two models? Seems the same to me.:? I read from some posts here (circa 2005-06), that apparently DigiLife is "better" compared to other popular brands like Aiptek. Those posts were real old. Does it still hold true today? Nowadays am I better off getting an Aiptek or some other brand?

I don't own an HD TV, and with the recession upon us all, won't probably own one soon. So, is 640 x 480 30fps good enough? I usually record my footage directly to my SV-2000 DVD-Recorder.

Thanks for reading and look forward to your suggestions.

-Charlie
Tsarli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 18, 2008, 8:59 AM   #2

decidingwhat is best is truely hard with many companies on the market. While there is only a few with th firmware Digilife, and Aiptek seem to be sharing just that. but are two different companies. learning this the hard way.

Quality is the key to all video. Sd (640x480 res) it is best to film at the best level (1080P)(1080x1440, or 1280x720) you are and always can down grade, and you can upgrade with distortion. Filming to a dvd, dvdr, dvr direct, you are best to have HD 720P or 1080p no lower, 640 becomes distorted after a certain size tv.

I suggest looking for a better company, and cannot recommend just one.

here in the USA, it is hard when only DXG, andAiptek are on the store shelves, and sanyo being the better company
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2008, 7:02 PM   #3

Thanks for that important piece of advice fishy!

After reading up some more on this forum and checking out vid-reviews, I've also come to the conclusion that it would be best to get something with at least 720p or better yet, 1080p capability.

I think I'm going for an Aiptek PocketDV AHD 300 (not sure what its North American counterpart is called). Anyway, thanks once again!

-Charlie

Tsarli is offline   Reply With Quote