Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 25, 2008, 6:29 PM   #11

Let's see, how often do you go to a wedding? 3 times in your life? Do you really want to videotape someone elses wedding for more than 15 min, use up all your memory, then go home and spend hours editing your recording? Most weddings have pro videographers so they really don't need your video if you are trying to do them a favor.

Birthday parties and events are much more frequent. Do you really need to film 15 min continously? Over 15 mins can be considered quite boring.

footjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2008, 6:30 PM   #12

The kodak might be just like the casio, low quality film due to poor software and poor microchip.

footjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2008, 9:04 AM   #13

footjoy wrote:
Quote:
Let's see, how often do you go to a wedding? 3 times in your life? Do you really want to videotape someone elses wedding for more than 15 min, use up all your memory, then go home and spend hours editing your recording? Most weddings have pro videographers so they really don't need your video if you are trying to do them a favor.

Birthday parties and events are much more frequent. Do you really need to film 15 min continously? Over 15 mins can be considered quite boring.

Who said anything about just weddings and birthday parties? You do seem to limit yourself don't you? There are many other occasions where a longer limit is useful. If something is interesting 15 minutes can seem quite short. Many cameras don't even have 15 minutes and are artificially limited to 10 minutes such as Casio and Sony.

Talking of birthday Parties, the Pinata portion often lasts longer than 15 minutes, so when it stops recording at the 10 or 15 minute limit, the kid it was filming will have an annoying jump in the video where the camera wasn't recording for that second or two.

I sense a little bit of sarcasm "Most weddings have pro videographers so they really don't need your video if you are trying to do them a favor." No one is suggesting recording an entire wedding on your camera but even so, you may not have access to a copy of the wedding tape simply because it's a friend of a friends yet you may still want to record certain parts of it for a memento.

The Kodaks do have a recording limit, but at least it's a more sensible 29 minutes.

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2008, 9:27 AM   #14

I hear what you're saying

one can always go back and edit any section in parts of a full video of limited, or unlimited time.

The video I made I am happy I filmed more footage then less, but at one given time, I should have just sat down, and filmed to thecard ended or battery died. There ar no going back when filming priceless moments, and this is why I upgraded from the lowest budget cam I own to a all time Low budget one:G

I can understand to limit video, just what idsomething exciting happened while filming?

Eagle pops out swoops down and over to the valley, right in front of me. Priceles moments caught on film,

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/HQ56f7mYDlM[/flash]

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
footjoy wrote:
Quote:

Who said anything about just weddings and birthday parties? You do seem to limit yourself don't you? There are many other occasions where a longer limit is useful. If something is interesting 15 minutes can seem quite short. Many cameras don't even have 15 minutes and are artificially limited to 10 minutes such as Casio and Sony.

Talking of birthday Parties, the Pinata portion often lasts longer than 15 minutes, so when it stops recording at the 10 or 15 minute limit, the kid it was filming will have an annoying jump in the video where the camera wasn't recording for that second or two.

I sense a little bit of sarcasm "Most weddings have pro videographers so they really don't need your video if you are trying to do them a favor." No one is suggesting recording an entire wedding on your camera but even so, you may not have access to a copy of the wedding tape simply because it's a friend of a friends yet you may still want to record certain parts of it for a memento.

The Kodaks do have a recording limit, but at least it's a more sensible 29 minutes.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2008, 10:42 AM   #15

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
There ar no going back when filming priceless moments,
Those are the key words there fishycomics. The same with still images. Why limit ourselves when for the first time, we are not limited!

I still remember when I had a Super 8 Cinefilm camera which was limited to just 3 minutes! Of course I soon lost interest in the format, simply because I grew tired of 'silent' film and I couldn't afford a video camera back then. It never occurred to me to carry some kind of tape recorder to record the sound since I wouldn't have been able to do anything with it anyway.

I guess I wasn't prescient enough to realise that in the distant future I would have a computer able to digitise the film and audio, merging them to make a 'talkie' :lol::lol:
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote