Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 24, 2008, 10:46 AM   #1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtHrEka-xOw

Pres bellow movie window "watch in high quality"...

My conclussion: dont buy this camera!!!!!!!!!!!! For 150$ you can buy much better digital camera with movie function. Low price is not excuse for usability!!!
foler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 24, 2008, 11:31 AM   #2

Foler, welcome aboard .

THe AHD300 (A-HD fixed focus model) you show the GO-HD.

Excellent review, we all have our opinions, could you explain in more detail why you are not happy?

Questions:

what did you use for a tripod?

how far back was the cam in the car?

reasons:

If the tripod is not staionary, and will cause the camera to shake, I place mine on the seat and below the head rest for a perfect stabilized shot .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpKP6yoL-H8

This is filmed wit hthe Action HD Auto focus, hear the vibration but you do not see it.

The A-HD is the better model for this.

You have dark videos, due to the lighting I am sure you were doing your best and this reminds me of the Aiptek dv 5700 or IS-DV due to the senser.

the Aiptek A-HD is the better cam with brighter video especially in low level lighting, while the Aiptek A-HD+ is not the senser is bigger or diferent causing poor low level lighting at low light.

thank you again, I am sure when you explain your reasons here we'll understand more

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2008, 12:22 PM   #3

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Questions:

what did you use for a tripod?

how far back was the cam in the car?

You have dark videos, due to the lighting I am sure you were doing your best and this reminds me of the Aiptek dv 5700 or IS-DV due to the senser.
Cameras is mounted OUTSIDE for better picture quality on Panavise 809 suction cup. I will try to test cameras in ideal environment. This is strong cup but camera dont have any anti-shake mechanism. Canon G7 make much better movies.:?

I am try to make same test but in the night on good lighten street and camera is totaly useless!!!

In myhouse (inside) camera is close to useless. Color is not close to original.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 1:35 PM   #4

Okay there's a couple of things I want to clarify.

First off the Aiptek AHD 300 and Go-HD are quite different cameras. The AHD 300 is a newer camera with fixed focus, no optical zoom and 1080p. This camera is known as the A-HD+ in the US. The GO-HD(USA model no.) is an older camera with 3x optical zoom and only up to 720p res. GO-HD is called Aiptek PocketDV Z300HD in Europe. Ok so cleared that up.

Secondly you compare an expensive Canon Powershot G7 with SD video to a low-cost HD hybrid camera. The G7 is a CCD sensor based camera and all of the above mentioned low-cost hybrids are CMOS sensor based. That should tell you why you get better/more steady footage from the G7. CCD handles movement, motion or vibration better than CMOS. More expensive Canon, Sony, Pany etc. CMOS sensor based HD camcorders have the same wobbling/rolling shutter effect as you show in your youtube clip. I've even seen some rolling shutter effect on a 3000$ CMOS sensor Sony Pro video camera.

Another thing, you cannot compare a 640x480 SD footage to a 1280x720 or 1440x1080 HD footage in terms of motion/shakiness. Umm it's a loong story but HD intensifies motion/shakiness than SD.

So my advice is get a CCD sensor based camera with high fps and manual shutter for your driving videos if it's important.
adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2008, 3:09 PM   #5

thanks for suggestion...