Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 24, 2008, 1:37 PM   #1

DXG's DVH-596camcorder has a USB 2.0 port with a protection for incomming data. It's not possible to store input data. The massage i get is that the camera has a writingprotection and it's not possible to store any data from outside the camera. I first should undo the writingprotection before i could store any data. I don't know anything about technical possibilities at all, but can anybody please explain to me if it's easily possible to undo the protection on the USB 2.0 port for input data? This camcorder is almost the same as the DVH-595 and that camera did not have the protection.
Please give me a helping reaction!!!!!!

André (The Netherlands, Europe)
customer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 24, 2008, 8:14 PM   #2

Hey there, to make the camera read/write, you have to go into the "firmware" update menu, by setting camera to "set-up", then pushing right on the zoom dial and press the menu button, while keeping the zoom pushed right.

Once in this menu, go to restore default or something like that, then select read/writeand push enter, then your camera should now be able to both write onto theSD card with footage and from files from your PC, when connected to your camcorder via USB cable. If you still get stuck on this, just go to the DXG-595V thread on these forums, and you will see the info on how to do this, and also loads of other cool info! Hope this helps you out Andre.

Dan.
wookieulrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2008, 10:35 AM   #3

Thank you very much Dan, I will try your possible solution. Unfortunally I can do that not before next weekend, but after trying I will let you know if it is the solution I needed.

André.
Old Nov 28, 2008, 4:00 AM   #4

Hey Dan,

I just tried your solution and.......... it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was evena little bit easier than you suggested. What I had to do was: Open the set-up menu, switch the "default" possition and that's all. You have made me very happy. Thank you very much again (and again).

Greetings André