Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 25, 2008, 9:26 AM   #1

I've been lookin on here and google, but so far I can't find a one....
pgomberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 25, 2008, 10:57 AM   #2

Unlikely... since it has only been a few months since Sony has been able to achieve 60 frames per second 1080p with Sony's top-of-the-line pro model... the "CineAlta" F23/F35 models, which need the optional SRW-1 recorder to enable 60 frames per second 1080p recording:

http://pro.sony.com/bbsccms/ext/cine...hoot/f35.shtml

Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2008, 11:14 AM   #3

It is easy to do, but undesirable for manufacturers of expensive cameras. I think there is 60fps HD cameras out here, but can't remember, as far as hybrids go there is probably none, yet. This is the SHD world, and these manufacturers have to wake up to 1080p50/60 being old and dated, consumer oriented format. Before the end of the decade we might even have SHD hybrids, well actually I am supposed to buy one next year that is semi SHD. At the moment, Casio offers the F1 digital still camera that does 60fps burst buffer at 60fps, using a consumer Sony HD chip, but not a proper video mode.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2008, 4:08 PM   #4

I believe the Samsung HMX20C does 1080p at 60fps. . . but it's obviously not a hybrid.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 10:35 PM   #5

It does 60 fields per second interlace. If it was 60/50fps at 24mb/s I would probably have bought one (hint hint, manufacturers). The sensor chip in the Samsung is capable of 60fps as far as I know, but is not implemented.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2008, 8:07 AM   #6

Now if AIptek came out with a hybrid that did 1080p @ 60fps.... nice! I would be so stoked if my Action HD could do that because I think that the image quality of the 1080p is FAR superior than that of the 720. Just would like less rolling shutter slant like the 60fps of the 720p.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 4:39 PM   #7

I'm on board with you, would love to see 1080P 60FPS. I own the Aiptek GVS, nice for what it can, I can't imagine adding 1080P 60FPS would be that bad along with keeping the other options in tact. Maybe higher resolution for stills would be a nice addition as well. Well as far as cheap hybrids go not sure this is a misprint or not but this camera from RCA claims to do 1080P 60FPS http://www.amazon.com/RCA-EZ409HD-Sm.../dp/B001RIYOBK

.pgomberg wrote:
Quote:
Now if AIptek came out with a hybrid that did 1080p @ 60fps.... nice! I would be so stoked if my Action HD could do that because I think that the image quality of the 1080p is FAR superior than that of the 720. Just would like less rolling shutter slant like the 60fps of the 720p.
HDfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2009, 4:52 PM   #8

You do realize, that altough 60fps (either interlaced or progressive) may help to overcome cmos issues (wooble and skewing), in reality is going to take much (much) more computing power to edit 60fps footage? What's the target.. web video clips? your own HiDef display?

I would ask myself in which specific ocassions would I benefit from 60fps. If you are coming down to 30fps for publishing, you will either throw away every other frame, or blend 2 frames to create one (with the consequent soft image style).
subc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2009, 5:06 PM   #9

True, however I do not mind watching just the raw data w/o any editing, just watch the video straight from the TV. I keep my videos on an external hard drive and play them from my Western Digital Media Player which I think is awesome. For things I plan to edit I guess I can stick with 30 FPS, but just viewing the raw data is fine with me as well, until computing power has a chance to catch up.

subc wrote:
Quote:
You do realize, that altough 60fps (either interlaced or progressive) may help to overcome cmos issues (wooble and skewing), in reality is going to take much (much) more computing power to edit 60fps footage? What's the target.. web video clips? your own HiDef display?

I would ask myself in which specific ocassions would I benefit from 60fps. If you are coming down to 30fps for publishing, you will either throw away every other frame, or blend 2 frames to create one (with the consequent soft image style).
HDfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2009, 7:44 PM   #10

Just to remind you (since I used to have a WDTV media player): The device you mention only supports 1080P up to 24fps, else it starts dropping frames on playback.

1280x720 only goes up to 30fps.

HDfan23 wrote:
Quote:
True, however I do not mind watching just the raw data w/o any editing, just watch the video straight from the TV. I keep my videos on an external hard drive and play them from my Western Digital Media Player which I think is awesome. For things I plan to edit I guess I can stick with 30 FPS, but just viewing the raw data is fine with me as well, until computing power has a chance to catch up.

subc wrote:
Quote:

subc is offline   Reply With Quote