Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 27, 2008, 2:26 PM   #11

http://www.catooh.com/us/

through Magix movie pro editer magix.xom site i found this online site CATOOH

looks good. may use this in a way to collect for my work LOL

http://www.freesearching.com/video_sharing.htma alphabetical order of sites
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2008, 2:20 AM   #12

I saw a list on wikipedia somewhere too,m actually had a table;e to tell formats and other features.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2008, 10:24 PM   #13

pgomberg wrote:
Quote:
Ok, I'm testing out this site for HD uploading content:

http://www.shareview.us/

Quote:
I also checked out some other videos posted on this site and am rather surprised at the quality. Perhaps this will be what I am looking for? Interested to hear how others feel about this site. It was pretty easy to register, I didn't even have to confirm my registration. Just register, upload and go.
I could not find a way to display the HD videos in other than the small Flash Video format or full screen. One is too small and the other is too large for my wides screen LCD monitor. Isthere a way to display a 1280 x720P frame size video in full size? Maybe I did not look at enough posted clips.

I ddin't register... their privacy policy allows using your email address for spam advertising, but more importantly, if there is a 100MB file upload limit, that is too small for me. I could not find any info on their site giving upload criteria or limits.
jazzhdv178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2008, 10:40 PM   #14

pgomberg wrote:
Quote:
I know this a bit OT, sorry, but I just noticed last night that Vimeo will now only allow you to upload ONE HD video a week. If you upload more than that, they will convert it to standard def. For me the whole luster of Vimeo was that you could post your HD videos and actaully WATCH them in HD. This makes it on par with Youtube.. actually BELOW Youtube since YT now has the "high quality" mode. You can still upload 500 megs a week, but only 1 HD video, unless you pay $60 a year, which is TWICE what motionbox.com is charging! I"m sure it's expensive for them to give 500megs a week free to everyone who has an internet connection, I understand that... but still bums me out.
Actually Vimeo is still better in that you can display a video in it's full uploaded frame size. YouTube's "high quality" looks to be as good as Vimeo in the small Flash Video frame size, but it's still not full HD since you can't upsize the display to (for example) 1280 x 720 frame size of a video uploaded in that size in it's full HD resolution like you can on Vimeo.

That plus the ability to D/L the originaluploaded video still makes Vimeo my choice, but I agree that 1 HD upload a week has made it less attractive.

Old Dec 1, 2008, 1:40 AM   #15

pgomberg wrote:
Quote:
I know this a bit OT, sorry, but I just noticed last night that Vimeo will now only allow you to upload ONE HD video a week. If you upload more than that, they will convert it to standard def. For me the whole luster of Vimeo was that you could post your HD videos and actaully WATCH them in HD....

....I think I'm going to look for an alternative. Anyone have any suggestions for free alternatives to what Vimeo USED to be?
I just found a FREE hosting site called Exposure Room (http://exposureroom.com) that out-Vimeos Vimeo itself. In fact, I'd liken it to a very professional version of Vimeo. The site is focusing on hosting HD videos, but will accept other formats (including audio and still picture files). Like Vimeo, users get their own home page and can block or password protect their uploads, and they can make their uploads downloadable in original form if they choose.

But unlike Vimeo, there is NO LIMIT on the number or size of uploaded files! They "suggest" keeping individual files to less than 1GB! Anduploads go MUCH faster for me... I did a test upload of a 200Mb file and averaged about 1 Mbps, where I was lucky to average 140Kbps on Vimeo! And once uploaded, the file is rendered in THREE frame sizes keeping the actual aspect ratio with the SAME apparent video quality so that any user can stream view at least one of the files in very high quality rendering without pauses or stuttering. My 1280x720p test upload displays in it's full size with the "HD" option, in 640x360 size with the "MD" option, and in 336x189 size with the "Low" option. And you can selectone of your video's individualframes to display as the video thumbnail picture on your home page.

It took about 30 miuntes after my upload for the first viewable video option (Low) to appear, and about an hour for all three options. Here's a link to the test video... it defaults to the "MD" option, I think:

http://exposureroom.com/members/tomf...ccf8be449e40a/

This is almost too good to be true, and it would not surprise me if they decide to clamp down and/or start charging for the service at some point. But they do have some not-so-gaudy links to various commercial services, etc. to generate income, so maybe I'm wrong. In any event, for now this is THE place to host your videos, especially HD videos!
Old Dec 1, 2008, 2:09 AM   #16

jazzhdv178 wrote:
Quote:
pgomberg wrote:
Quote:
I know this a bit OT, sorry, but I just noticed last night that Vimeo will now only allow you to upload ONE HD video a week. If you upload more than that, they will convert it to standard def. For me the whole luster of Vimeo was that you could post your HD videos and actaully WATCH them in HD....

....I think I'm going to look for an alternative. Anyone have any suggestions for free alternatives to what Vimeo USED to be?
I just found a FREE hosting site called Exposure Room (http://exposureroom.com) that out-Vimeos Vimeo itself. In fact, I'd liken it to a very professional version of Vimeo. The site is focusing on hosting HD videos, but will accept other formats (including audio and still picture files). Like Vimeo, users get their own home page and can block or password protect their uploads, and they can make their uploads downloadable in original form if they choose.

But unlike Vimeo, there is NO LIMIT on the number or size of uploaded files! They "suggest" keeping individual files to less than 1GB! Anduploads go MUCH faster for me... I did a test upload of a 200Mb file and averaged about 1 Mbps, where I was lucky to average 140Kbps on Vimeo! And once uploaded, the file is rendered in THREE frame sizes keeping the actual aspect ratio with the SAME apparent video quality so that any user can stream view at least one of the files in very high quality rendering without pauses or stuttering. My 1280x720p test upload displays in it's full size with the "HD" option, in 640x360 size with the "MD" option, and in 336x189 size with the "Low" option. And you can selectone of your video's individualframes to display as the video thumbnail picture on your home page.

It took about 30 miuntes after my upload for the first viewable video option (Low) to appear, and about an hour for all three options. Here's a link to the test video... it defaults to the "MD" option, I think:

http://exposureroom.com/members/tomf...ccf8be449e40a/

This is almost too good to be true, and it would not surprise me if they decide to clamp down and/or start charging for the service at some point. But they do have some not-so-gaudy links to various commercial services, etc. to generate income, so maybe I'm wrong. In any event, for now this is THE place to host your videos, especially HD videos!
Very nice find. Good video. Also, brings back memories when I built my first rc plane. If I had a action hd everyone could have seen the veteran instructor nose dive my plane on it's maiden flight from about 200 feet in the air at full throttle. Ah, I still remember the awesome sounds: OH S**t, Headsup..............THUNK!!!!

Nothing kills your will to fly RC planes, when you have to load your $500 investment in a trash bag to get it off the field.
Maxprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2008, 1:46 AM   #17

http://www.masternewmedia.org/hd-vid...nition-videos/
Chiumanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2008, 3:06 AM   #18

Ok, have we decided which is the best hd video site yet? Before I pay for the pro series on vimeo I am wondering if there is one better than vimeo? I just didn't want to find I jumped the gun tooo soon.
Maxprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2008, 7:34 PM   #19

Hi Everyone, I am the owner of shareview.us and I am glad you guys are using our site. We are only a small team of developers but any feedback you can provide will be great!

We have increased the upload limit to 200mb and will be moving to faster servers by end of DEC.

Blog integration is almost ready as well.
shareview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2008, 8:19 PM   #20

Shareview Weclome aboard thank you for taking the time out to post to our Members, hoping they'll make their home to not just one but many sites offered over the net. . I am very happy to join thesite and Pleased to see DOUBLE the limit to now 200MB

taht should deffently get ones attention .

again a warm welcome FISHY

shareview wrote:
Quote:
Hi Everyone, I am the owner of shareview.us and I am glad you guys are using our site. We are only a small team of developers but any feedback you can provide will be great!

We have increased the upload limit to 200mb and will be moving to faster servers by end of DEC.

Blog integration is almost ready as well.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote