Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 3, 2008, 7:25 PM   #21

Thanks for the welcome Fishy.

Once the new servers are in place, I can provide up to 300mb to the users of this forum. Of course for free.
shareview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2008, 7:33 PM   #22

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=92

As we look at the posts some members may not read all, so I started a new one on top. We look foward to that, and we leave the decision to you? thank you again
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2008, 8:23 PM   #23

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:

As we look at the posts some members may not read all, so I started a new one on top. We look foward to that, and we leave the decision to you? thank you again
Great, thanks! if you can send me your forum logo... I will make sure to add it on our site

[email protected]
Old Dec 4, 2008, 1:21 AM   #24

shareview wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics wrote:
Quote:

Great, thanks! if you can send me your forum logo... I will make sure to add it on our site

[email protected]
Hi Shareview! I'm very excited to find your site, especially with what Vimeo has limited itself with. One request. When I upload my 1440X1080 clips, they should be played back as 16:9 AR, but your site processes tham at 4:3 and so plays them back at 4:3. These are MOV or MP4 files. For example, this one:

http://www.shareview.us/video/1536/HD-Candle-test

Should play back as 16:9, but as you can see, your site encoded it to be 4:3. Yes, I know 1440X1080 is a 4:3 AR, but there must be a flag somewhere in the file that tells it to display at 16:9 during playback. Vimeo processed these correctly in that sense, and so does my Media Player Classic when I rename the MOV to MP4. Would that be something you could look into?

Again I am very excited to see you on these forums!!!! Thank you again!

pgomberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2008, 8:00 AM   #25

pgomberg wrote:
Quote:
shareview wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics wrote:
Quote:

[email protected]
Quote:

Hi Shareview! I'm very excited to find your site, especially with what Vimeo has limited itself with. One request. When I upload my 1440X1080 clips, they should be played back as 16:9 AR, but your site processes tham at 4:3 and so plays them back at 4:3. These are MOV or MP4 files. For example, this one:

Should play back as 16:9, but as you can see, your site encoded it to be 4:3. Yes, I know 1440X1080 is a 4:3 AR, but there must be a flag somewhere in the file that tells it to display at 16:9 during playback. Vimeo processed these correctly in that sense, and so does my Media Player Classic when I rename the MOV to MP4. Would that be something you could look into?

Again I am very excited to see you on these forums!!!! Thank you again!

Hi there, Currently every uploaded video over the size of 1024 x 576 gets rezied to that specification. The videos should always keep their original specifications but once you are playing the video, you can always click on the icon at the bottom left of the player and select "fit to screen". Do you have another video you can upload and test?
Old Dec 4, 2008, 8:47 AM   #26

shareview wrote:
Quote:
Hi there, Currently every uploaded video over the size of 1024 x 576 gets rezied to that specification. The videos should always keep their original specifications but once you are playing the video, you can always click on the icon at the bottom left of the player and select "fit to screen". Do you have another video you can upload and test?
I do! I will go ahead and give it another shot and post back. Thank you!
Old Dec 4, 2008, 9:50 AM   #27

pgomberg wrote:
Quote:
shareview wrote:
Quote:
Ok, just uploaded another video. And now I'm noticing that even with this video I uploaded:

that it will start out in the window as playing 4:3 AR, and if I go to full screen, it will stretch it out to 16:9 (sometimes it takes a few seconds), then I can go back to the windowed size and it will properly display it as 16:9 in the window instead of 4:3. Any way to get it to start playing in 16:9 instead of 4:3 for the 16:9 AR'd videos?

Again I really like your site. Thank you very much.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 11:40 AM   #28

pgomberg wrote:
Quote:
pgomberg wrote:
Quote:
shareview wrote:
Quote:
Ok, just uploaded another video. And now I'm noticing that even with this video I uploaded:

that it will start out in the window as playing 4:3 AR, and if I go to full screen, it will stretch it out to 16:9 (sometimes it takes a few seconds), then I can go back to the windowed size and it will properly display it as 16:9 in the window instead of 4:3. Any way to get it to start playing in 16:9 instead of 4:3 for the 16:9 AR'd videos?

Again I really like your site. Thank you very much.
Okay, we can have something when people upload so you can set it to fit to screen, keep aspect ratio, etc.

Would that work?
Old Dec 4, 2008, 11:58 AM   #29

Share......

For the Hybrid section: members are welcomed to make one.

we are open to many possabilities.

if for the Main site of Stevesforums.com then you may need to go t o the Admin for that. this is a Site I do not own, so I cannot speak for Steve. but I can speak for the Hybrid section, and rather be Strict i am ver easy going fun and friendly.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2008, 12:12 PM   #30

shareview wrote:
Quote:
Okay, we can have something when people upload so you can set it to fit to screen, keep aspect ratio, etc.

Would that work?
Sounds like it might. Were you able to see what I was saying though? See how at first it displays it at 4:3 then if you go full screen after a few seconds it displays it as 16:9, then if you go back to the window then it retains it's true 16:9 AR but not before. I think setting an option during the uploading stating the correct AR or allowing for your site to automatically guess the AR would be cool.