Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 29, 2008, 11:08 PM   #1

hey guys. Haven't been on here in a while. It seems that the market is flooded this year with cheap SD card cameras. One thing I'm confused about, though. Today I was in Target and I noticed the only Aiptek product they have on the shelf is an IS-DV2.4 I didn't even know they were still making that camera. What surprised me more is the price. They want $99 for that camera. Are they crazy? Maybe they are hoping a bunch of people will buy them for christmas presents without researching them. But seriously, the IS-DV2 series is very outdated and I can't believe they are selling it for that price. I mean, I still toy around with my IS-DV2 these days, but I wouldn't pay more than about $30 for one, if mine broke or something.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 30, 2008, 8:35 AM   #2

The IS-DV2.4 swival. looks like a good cam that still should be sold. but yes not at a todays regular price.

Black Friday came and gone so did the 69.99 sale.

If this is a serious cam for some and want the same or near price, options yard sale 45. or Aiptek.com 79,99 choice of color

while circuity offers the red for a whopping 89.99, saying 10 savings on it. and the blue for 99.99

SO Yes be careful how you shop. we may never know what is new or old, look careful at the packaging and ask others.

care to Purchase

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2008, 12:58 PM   #3

Yes I keep noticing that older Aiptek models seem to be kept at a price level way past their 'sell by' date. I think you're right in that they count on consumers not doing any research. I mean, let's be honest the vast majority who buy these are not going to be enthusiasts like us!

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2008, 5:22 PM   #4

This weeks flyer for Walgreens, not target, shows the Aiptek IS-DV2 for sale 89.99

Yes something like the IS-DV2 should be at least 50% off, not suckering the people out of their hard earned cash, while the IS-DV2.4 is the newer version model, costing the same price or even 10.00 less

Hoping out 1% info hits the people, and if they are serious of a model they'll look elsewhere for a fair price.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2008, 8:36 PM   #5

To be honest, I'm surprised the IS-DV2 is still being sold brand-new in any form at all. After all, it is very old technology as far as the computer and digital video world are concerned. It isn't unusual these days for a product to be produced for 3 to 6 months before being replaced by a newer model. Esepcially when you consider the A-HD was being sold for the same price last year in some places.

I'm actually curious. I have noticed a whole bunch of new sub $100 video cameras at places like Wal Mart and Target this year. But I haven't had the money to go buy any of them. I'm curious how these new breed of sub $100 cameras stand up to last years products (such as the IS-DV2)

adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote