Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 1, 2008, 12:48 AM   #1

OK, even though I went and purchased the GVS from walgreens. I did email every Aiptek email address I could find and guess what ? I got a response. hehe.

Ok, what I asked was. Is the action hd GVS the z600? answerwas NO. The GVS is a more advance model than the z600.

Hereare the answers I was given:

GVS z600

zoom: 5x optical zoomvs. 3x optical zoom
4x digital 4x digital

Macro : 1cm ~80cm vs. 5cm ~ 30cm

normal focal length: 10cm~ ∞vs. 30cm~∞

Aperture: F3.5~F3.7, f6.8 ~ 34.0mm vs. F2.8~F4.8, f= 5.7~17.1mm

focus lock: yesyes

Well, I know it's not alot of info. But, it's more than I knew about the GVS.

Maxprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 1, 2008, 4:23 AM   #2

Interesting... thanks for the information!
cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2008, 4:36 AM   #3

maxprime, that is information:?

Aiptek newsletters are you signed up, maybe they have that released in there, orjust special deals like free shipping is coming up etc.:G
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2008, 6:14 AM   #4

Maxprime wrote:
Quote:
Here*are the answers I was given:

************************* ******** GVS*********************** ** *z600

******** *zoom*:**** 5x optical zoom***vs.* *3x optical zoom
************************* *** 4x digital********************* 4x digital

****************** Macro : 1cm ~*80cm** vs.* 5cm ~ 30cm

*normal focal length*: 10cm*~ ∞****vs.* 30cm*~**∞

Aperture: F3.5~F3.7, f6.8 ~ 34.0mm* vs.* F2.8~F4.8, f= 5.7~17.1mm

focus lock:*********** *yes********************** **************yes
Maxprime thanks for this, I asked about this at the other thread and got no reply. Now we have to find out if it is the same sensor, or if one is better than the other for latitude, color and rolling shutter. Only one thin the Gvs has over the z600 for me, the faster aperture.

Is there comparable examples pf the two?
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2008, 6:32 AM   #5

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
maxprime, that is information:?

Aiptek newsletters are you signed up, maybe they have that released in there, orjust special deals like free shipping is coming up etc.:G
Fishy,

The only thing I am signed up for is that Aiptek group thing on the asian site. Though I honestly don't know what that is or what it does, hehe

Wayne,

I just got areply email from one of the other emails I sent and It contains the same info. as the first email. So, I think i am safe to say this info is correct.

I also replyed to the first contact and asked your questions.

Nows the time I would suggest to cross your fingers,:shock:
Old Dec 1, 2008, 7:16 PM   #6

I called walgreens and the checked on my camera order and it will be shipped from the vendoron 12.5.08.

Haven't heard from aiptek about the sensor info as of yet.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 4:38 AM   #7

Wayne12 ,

I just checked my email and this is what I got from Aiptek.

I asked :

1 .Does the GVS use the same cmos sensor as the Z600 ?
2.Which one is better for color and rolling shutter ?

Thier response:

Dear Sir
1.The CMOS is the same , only the lens different .
2. GVS is better
Old Dec 2, 2008, 2:46 PM   #8

Maxprime wrote:
Quote:
The GVS is a more advance model than the z600.
Yeah, just like I said, Europe is getting screwed as always. Mind you, even though I did say that, I didn't really believe it. But now I see I was right, and it sickens me. The GVS is not only better, but cheaper--I can bet you anything that once it hits the retail channel, its price will fall well under US$200.00. I very much doubt anyone will pay what Amazon.com is asking for it these days. If only they sold the GVS in Europe, but they won't.
Aqualung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2008, 3:07 PM   #9

It did fall under 200.00 , it fell to 199.99 and an additional discount wih code refunds(copupons codes):Gthat's 194.99

Aqualung wrote:
Quote:
Maxprime wrote:
Quote:
Yeah, just like I said, Europe is getting screwed as always. Mind you, even though I did say that, I didn't really believe it. But now I see I was right, and it sickens me. The GVS is not only better, but cheaper--I can bet you anything that once it hits the retail channel, its price will fall well under US$200.00. I very much doubt anyone will pay what Amazon.com is asking for it these days. If only they sold the GVS in Europe, but they won't.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2008, 2:21 AM   #10

Aqualung wrote:
Quote:
Maxprime wrote:
Quote:
When, I first seen you guys post some vids of the z600. I almost went and bought it and had it shipped to the states. That extra zoom and focus lock was making me drool !!! The only thing that stopped me was seeing how the reds were produced . Now, I know that can be easily fixed with firmware. But, with my experience dealing with Aiptek ,USA on my previous requests about the firmware. I decided to wait till I seen that it was fixed before I purchased it.

Then came along showing of the GVS. I couldn't believe how hard it was to find any info about it,other than what was on amazon. So, when fishy found it at walgreens I decided, come hell or high water I was going to get this to find out for myself and after 12, yes 12 different emails to all parts of the company world wide I got 2 responses from them .

The funny thing was that I never heard from the Aiptek US. as of yet. Only China and Taiwan answered my questions.

Now, after looking back I am so glad I didn't get the z600 when I was going too.