Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 10, 2008, 5:14 PM   #21

Nice video, since I got my mono pods I hardly use my tripod.
Maxprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2008, 11:00 AM   #22

Watching Simon's comparison between the two videos...

I would guess the first video comes from the Panasonic SD camcorder because that video exhibits interlace artifacts, which are normal for 480i SD video.

I would guess the second video comes from the newer cam.
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2008, 3:14 PM   #23

Yep that's correct, the colours are very off in the pansonic also with a blue light to it.

This look very similar to both the cameras

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FULL-HD-1440X1...1%7C240%3A1308

could they be the real makers of it ?? the menu picture is the same..
siimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2009, 4:22 PM   #24

I've bought the Hitachi DZ-HV564 and it looks identical to the Sanyo HD100 - even the manual matches page for page!

In summary I have listed the camcorder's strengths and weaknesses based on my experience over the last week...

STRENGTHS:
Good build quality
Easy to hold (and easy to hold steady)
Good battery life (90 minutes in sub-zero temperatures this week)
Fast focussing when panning (I had expected it to be much slower)
Good range of settings
Can adjust video sharpness, contrast and saturation (my other camcorders don't offer this!)
Lightweight
Tripod socket
3.5mm headphone socket
3 LED light for filming in dark conditions (can also be used for still pics as a fill-in light, not a flash)
LCD monitor is easy to see even in bright conditions (and brightness can be adjusted)
Writes to SDHC memory card very quickly (I use 16GB Toshiba SDHC although spec states it supports only up to 8GB)
Supplied with soft case

WEAKNESSES:
The photos from the still camera are poor
Start-up is slow - it has to be switched on (opening the flip monitor doesn't switch it on unlike Sanyo models)
It doesn't retain its settings when switched off but defaults to auto-whitebalance, pic size, subject mode etcon switch-on
Sound quality could be better (it's very low)
No image stabiliser
No mic input
LCD monitor doesn't have a toughened screen

On balance, I am VERY pleased with the camcorder and its performance - and I would buy it again. I was dubious in view of its price and lack of reviews available but have been very pleasantly surprised, particularly with the video quality which is, of course, what I bought it for. For £130 from Comet I think it's a very good purchase.

(Mine was supplied with a 2-pin European plug although on contacting Comet I was assured that this was not possible - and that they only supply items with a 3-pin UK plug. If you buy online and yours is the same then telephone customer services and arrange to have an adapter sent to you or to arrange to collect one FOC from your nearest store!)
karenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2009, 3:01 PM   #25

Here's a link to a video filmed with this camera - a series of raw clips with live sound linked together with no enhancements to demonstrate the video quality (as far as the limitations of YouTube will allow): http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nKlSMGtAxk0
Old Jan 17, 2009, 11:27 AM   #26

All video links on this forum look great. I also have one of these and am pleased with the output...but have had real problems trying to edit it. Can any of you please tell me which apps you use.
Thanks.
mosgeo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2009, 11:35 AM   #27

You need to use software which includes a codec for MPEG4 files. Most of the more recent packages do - eg Nero 9 (although this keeps crashing on me!), Adobe Premiere, Corel Video Studio.

Also, if you're using HD files, ensure your PC is capable of handling them. You may need at least a 3.2Ghz pentium dual core processor and 3GB RAM and even then performance may be painfully slow.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 2:48 PM   #28

I use cyberlink powerdirector to edit my files that are on viemo and output them to 720p, other software i have used are sony vegas pro 8, i think pinnacle studio should also work with the files.
It can be slow to edit long videos my pc is daul core 2ghz with 2gb on windows vista.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 4:12 PM   #29

Hitachi have another one that looks the same

http://techmoan.wordpress.com/2009/0...rder-revealed/

£117 in argos
Old Jan 18, 2009, 4:59 PM   #30

lets not forget

SVP is the seller of One as well,

Sanyo

Hitachi

SVP