Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 16, 2008, 3:16 PM   #101

hunts 1.9 did you have previous fw :?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2008, 3:35 PM   #102

I really would like to know what the changes were.
Maxprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2008, 4:06 PM   #103

White balance was the only fix nothing more. while Mac port was left out, langiages were added, video was sharpened sound was minpulated down -6db.

I ope if FW is available for the GVS that they do not touch thesound, white noise is fine.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 7:03 PM   #104

Maxprime wrote:
Quote:
Welcome Hunts,

I have a action hd 1080p and still think it is a nice camera.

But ,wow 1.9 firmware. I have 1.5 on my latest 1080p. I wonder what the differences are from 1.5 to 1.9.

I wish aiptek would post info like this for us. I think the company would go alot further with consumer confidence in the company and thier products if they would just show us the olive branch.
Thanks, it's good to be here and learn from you experts!

Before I got the Action HD 1080p, I was seriously considering getting a Canon camcorder, but (withthe recession)I really wanted to spend under $200 and have something compact for spur of the moment recordings. Unfortunately (again), I purchased it at walmart.com when it was 149 (not the current 139 price). Speaking of bad luck, I just got home after getting caught in that snow we're having here in Jersey!

Anyway, I didn't do anyflashing to it. No idea what the followingmeans, but here is the firmware data for my camera:

Full: V1.900
HW: X5
Time Jun 25 2008 16:41:40
Nand: HY27US081G2A
Bin: sd_z5x5.bin

Lens: TB6512AF
Sensor: MT9P001
ROM: 10MB, DSP: 2048KB
AF Cal:1 Bp Cal:1
Color Cal:1, WB Cal:1
Lib base: V3.1.0.0-0625

Model: Z5X5P

DT: 2008-08-21,16:10:22
Line_Num: L5
Worker_Num: W7129
Level: 97
WPN: MIP-080800214

Since this is my first "camcorder," I don't really have any frame of reference or experience to tell what changes were made with firmware 1.9 vs 1.5, so hope the above helps?

Anyway, didn't mean to hijack this thread butonly wanted to let you all to know about the discount code at walgreens in case you're getting the GVS. Thanks very muchfor your time!

hunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2008, 8:13 PM   #105

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcQ3L0I30kw

dusk shot. sorry if Youtube is hanging on with the last clip

it is good to see latest Fw. As it is hard to figure the buttons on hte GVS as the IS-DV2. Firmware fix hmmm

auto focus hunting sound and gear noise. I am sure certain files like mac usb port, language and white balance and tweaking video were the fixs.

that snow we hear never accumulated. LOL. andwell I will be packing SUN home with me

"off on. stilla steal of a deal price you got. enjoy

Old Dec 17, 2008, 3:25 AM   #106

I don't know how long you have had your camera . But you have 30 days from when you bought it that walmart will price match and give you the difference which would be 10 dollars. aslong as you have your receipt. I know they did for when I got my first 1080p and then they dropped the price 40 dollars and they gave me the difference.

[b]hd 1080p and still think it is a nice camera.

But ,wow 1.9 firmware. I have 1.5 on my latest 1080p. I wonder what the differences are from 1.5 to 1.9.

I wish aiptek would post info like this for us. I think the company would go alot further with consumer confidence in the company and thier products if they would just show us the olive branch.[/quote]
Thanks, it's good to be here and learn from you experts!

Before I got the Action HD 1080p, I was seriously considering getting a Canon camcorder, but (withthe recession)I really wanted to spend under $200 and have something compact for spur of the moment recordings. Unfortunately (again), I purchased it at walmart.com when it was 149 (not the current 139 price). Speaking of bad luck, I just got home after getting caught in that snow we're having here in Jersey!

Anyway, I didn't do anyflashing to it. No idea what the followingmeans, but here is the firmware data for my camera:

Full: V1.900
HW: X5
Time Jun 25 2008 16:41:40
Nand: HY27US081G2A
Bin: sd_z5x5.bin

Lens: TB6512AF
Sensor: MT9P001
ROM: 10MB, DSP: 2048KB
AF Cal:1 Bp Cal:1
Color Cal:1, WB Cal:1
Lib base: V3.1.0.0-0625

Model: Z5X5P

DT: 2008-08-21,16:10:22
Line_Num: L5
Worker_Num: W7129
Level: 97
WPN: MIP-080800214

Since this is my first "camcorder," I don't really have any frame of reference or experience to tell what changes were made with firmware 1.9 vs 1.5, so hope the above helps?

Anyway, didn't mean to hijack this thread butonly wanted to let you all to know about the discount code at walgreens in case you're getting the GVS. Thanks very muchfor your time!

[/quote]
Maxprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2008, 11:48 AM   #107

picture shot info. immediately we want to know about options, what wide angle adapters can we get for this and that.

well look no further. reason why.

camera without lens with lens adapters >

corner shadows

video frame with lens adapter

Picture of each resolution yes 5 megapixal. I also show effects. which a software program can do as ell.

Video still various wide angle settings on each resolution video will vary.

I am outside placed cam on mini tripod in a trunk, as one video captures the Corner of the trunk while all other video show no rounded corners.

SO what adapter can one get and work with the cam, you tell me. because mine is as flush, wide and correctly placed on. this is a UlV filter, so wide or not I am sure you'll get the same results.

Old Dec 18, 2008, 8:04 PM   #108

Two important things I want to point out:

Aiptek.com places incorrect info, those who already know about, the LED lights, well that is not what I am pointing out LOL

1920x1080 resolution @ 30 fps yes that is the Missing info.

Second you see two clip frames the Action HD and GVS,

it is hard to tell in resolution settings of the GVS due to various wide angle set ups, but it is clearly stated the cam has noise, graininess,. once again I like to say a pc hybrid camcorder. video has been taken in low level lighting and is passable to me. thank you

Old Dec 19, 2008, 3:04 AM   #109

Professional cameras do things like 0.002 lux low light modes. From observations years ago, 5 lux low low light is suitable for consumer vision, and that is with virtually no grain. Below 5 lux the grain in our own eyes gets more and more noticeable (except for sick persons like me that can be doing only 30-36db SNR in a lit room).
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2008, 7:56 AM   #110

:G

Cloverfield. came to mind.

Yep I hear ya, and no matter what, this is a Pc Hybrid cam for daytime shooting. not a Home theatere device. and not expecting this to act like my casio, my sanyo. happy it captures a video