Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 6, 2008, 9:35 PM   #51

yes a lot is reduced, bu wha i se happens would be a lil foard a lil backwads you feel like you are on a boat and this adjusting gets to be annoying ,
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2008, 9:37 PM   #52

If there is hunting on my video that I uploaded it is because I was deliberately shooting on full zoom to see its capabilities.

When shooting on wide angle, then the picture is a lot more stable and hunting is less.
Kerryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2008, 12:18 AM   #53

I was pretty harsh of the stabilization on this camera earlier on. Today I was able to perform a better test. I posted the results on Vimeo, but I've exceeded my HD upload image so you'll only be able to view it in SD. Still for this test that should be fine, or you can download the HD version (lower right of screen).

http://www.vimeo.com/2451308

Here is what I posted.

I shot my son's Geotrax on full zoom hand held, first with the camera on 1080p30 which does not have stabilization and secondly on 720p60 with Stabilization on.

The 720p mode was significantly better than the 1080p shot. I put both test shots in iMovie and converted the output to 720p24 to match Vimeo.

The 1080p downsized and changed from 30 too 24fps suffers a bit in stutter but the obvious camera shake is there. The 720p shot suffers less from the 60 to 24 frame rate conversion and it stutters a little, but still the result is much smoother.
Old Dec 7, 2008, 7:18 AM   #54

with zooming in with optical/autofocus the camera hunted, when with digital the camera was fine or was it, due to the rushing........

Now that you slowed the panning down to a more suitable viewing, the video looks better.

The 1st part is blurred, the second part is way better. it is not bad. almost makes me wantto get the cars track LOL

Old Dec 7, 2008, 9:42 AM   #55

Nice work, I definitely see a difference between the video with using the stabilization and not using it.
Maxprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2008, 9:35 PM   #56

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
with zooming in with optical/autofocus the camera hunted, when with digital the camera was fine or was it, due to the rushing........

Now that you slowed the panning down to a more suitable viewing, the video looks better.

The 1st part is blurred, the second part is way better. it is not bad. almost makes me wantto get the cars track LOL

Actually I used AF lock when it was focused on the main station. That would be why the beginning was a little out of focus but then the rest was in focus as I panned round. There was some focus hunting (but minor) without the AF lock.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 5:35 AM   #57

so you're saying you locked the cam in focus lock a and it blurred due to you moving in distances? to me that is not a true manual setting.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 9:15 AM   #58

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
so you're saying you locked the cam in focus lock a and it blurred due to you moving in distances? to me that is not a true manual setting.
I did not really notice any blurring (but i wasn't looking for it). I set the AF Lock after I zoomed in on the station and it had focused. I then pointed the camera at the start point and panned. The distance difference between the two points was not great but may have been enough on full zoom to show the beginning slightly out of focus.

I did not move in taking the shot, only rotated.

As for why I set the AF Lock? I can not truly remember. I was obviously getting distracted by AF hunting when I was practicing with the camera that I thought it looked better this way.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 9:29 AM   #59

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
http://vimeo.com/2445666

Action Hd vs GVS

action hd has gear noise not mine.

Action hd gear noise is lower GVS is on zoom of optical

action sound is hissing LOW the GVS loud and if it is the cam there is also a high pitch sound unknown if user had flourecents above that emmits noise dig zoom is silient also wonder if both are seemless zooms

Action Hd is known for focus hunting onlly see this in GVS zoom. while vid clip shown is to fast in pann

I did have fluorescent directly above me on my initial shots. I did not notice obvious high pitch buzzing on my later videos so it would seam that the GVS picks up fluorescent buzz easily. Not an issue with normal day to day shooting.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 1:29 PM   #60

Welcome and congrats to our new members with their new loooong awaited Aiptek Action HD GVS.

Reading through this thread it seems to me that the Z600 and GVS have similar problematic issues:O So maybe "Big brother" is not that different from "Little brother":G.

adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote