Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 31, 2009, 9:12 AM   #91

Hi! I like your reviews a lot! Please help me! I have an Aiptek t250. For it's price it is good, but I want a cheap camcorder that works well as a still camera too and t 250 is just not good for that (i guess because it doesn't have autofocus...) ,the exposition is just too long and if there is a moving , your picture is gone bad. The other problem is that it doesn't do well in low light conditions and indoors. My question is: is the ACTION (or GVS) better in these aspects?My other question would be on battery time. The t250 is very good on that .With two 2500 mAh energizer AA accus it can record for three hours(!)
thanks again and keep up the good work !
belacool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2009, 10:03 AM   #92

Welcome aboard Belacool..

the T25Le, is known as the IS-DV2. Adric22 has expeirence on this, as well as I

I loved the camera for what it was worth, smart Zoom etc.......

again Welcome to HD the HD world

50 plus min you will get in record time. the t250 yes How sweet 3 hours gets you.

RollingShutter (aka Adric22) addressed this to us, is minimal, it is there, how much depends on your angle offilming. it is in a picture, and in the video. No more interpolation (cough)(cough) its there its all invideo, upconvertions as well.

I suggest looking at the same Model Z700, andwait just a lil longer Aiptek will be releasing a newer model with AV input

we're calling their bluff

belacool wrote:
Quote:
Hi! I like your reviews a lot! Please help me! I have an Aiptek t250. For it's price it is good, but I want a cheap camcorder that works well as a still camera too and t 250 is just not good for that (i guess because it doesn't have autofocus...) ,the exposition is just too long and if there is a moving , your picture is gone bad. The other problem is that it doesn't do well in low light conditions and indoors. My question is: is the ACTION (or GVS) better in these aspects?My other question would be on battery time. The t250 is very good on that .With two 2500 mAh energizer AA accus it can record for three hours(!)
thanks again and keep up the good work !
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2009, 10:30 AM   #93

Thanks for the fast reply!
(Sorry for the grammar mistakes I make or If I don't understand everything clearly, I'm not a native english speaker-I'm from Hungary).
One thing is still not really clear to me ... the quality of the still imageges made by these camcorders(AIPTEK Action,GVS, JAZZ 178,178). Because I would like to use it as a still camera . But I don't want to buy a real still one because videos are important too. With the T250 I was happy, because it knows lots of things but I think I just can't rely on it as a still cam.
Thx for your help!

belacool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2009, 11:51 AM   #94

GVS I will not recommend as a Still camera

if you located my photo topic or topics not a pro you'll see I got one good shot, and I be happy to frame it the lighting WOW, but I doubt I can duplicate it ever again.

belacool wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the fast reply!
(Sorry for the grammar mistakes I make or If I don't understand everything clearly, I'm not a native english speaker-I'm from Hungary).
One thing is still not really clear to me ... the quality of the still imageges made by these camcorders(AIPTEK Action,GVS, JAZZ 178,178). Because I would like to use it as a still camera . But I don't want to buy a real still one because videos are important too. With the T250 I was happy, because it knows lots of things but I think I just can't rely on it as a still cam.
Thx for your help!
Old Feb 1, 2009, 7:11 AM   #95

Sunrise West New York NJ a Film, A short Film

http://vimeo.com/3038658

Also loaded to youtube in Quicktime.mov format

Vimeo beat it out, while youtube seems to lost it.

MAgix has some neat stuff if you look deep into the program, rather juust drop and drag.

My HD Vid of the week is used, andhoping it went to good use, showingt he better side of the Action HD GVS.

Do not expect shots like this everyday.

Weather wasa factor, and lucky the sun wasshowing up later that mourning it was snowing.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 5:35 PM   #96

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZU7Q6jNw4c

http://www.vimeo.com/3086467

had taken a few shots theday before, during and after. ofa snow day.

preferre not to get the cam wet. so i did my best. to show a simple vid.

In the video when posted will be Bells chiming of a Church, a time lapse, and person laughing, Camera screen was believe facing to the action. and window open, so any type of sound was being diverted and lowered. the person was 4 feet from the cam, d deffently going to be on video but not. due to the limited depth of the lens. outside a warehouse, the snow was comming down. I should have taken it with me and just felt these two angles shall do, if it was HD1080p or not. the video is rendered to 1280x720 WMVHD works for me for Online.

and the next day well again Lovely Eastern sky line. . and ending with not enough recoreded footage oftwo Raven/crows. what amazed me I only saw One, while the other one snuck in there. I could not see due to glare. and wrong positioning.

This Video was shot Free Handed. you'll see some pulsating or movement this is all natural and caused by me the user.

I hope you'll enjoy the video when posted in due time.

I do have something very simple when observing earlier and will post at a later time when I film I shall tell.

Old Feb 5, 2009, 6:48 PM   #97

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9uLxiQhU2Q

a different day

went out wit hte wrong fw and well even thought it is a different day you can compare the same scene of Sunrise to this one
Old Feb 9, 2009, 3:32 PM   #98

no words.

Cropped this from the file and that is all I can say.

well I'll say this ithought it was a Chicken hawk LOl , and amazed to find out it's a Falcon video isin the makes

Old Feb 9, 2009, 7:18 PM   #99

http://www.vimeo.com/3151850

always can go to youtube to see the vid b4 vimeo loads LOL
Old Feb 9, 2009, 11:17 PM   #100

Fishy you're the man - these reviews are great.

Cananyone actually comparethe DXG-595V with this camera? They are my two finalists!

Any feedback welcome...

socaldrummer
socaldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote