Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 10, 2009, 5:20 AM   #101

send me the $$$ I will otherwise only one who owns both can realy say something.:G

socaldrummer wrote:
Quote:
Fishy you're the man - these reviews are great.

Cananyone actually comparethe DXG-595V with this camera? They are my two finalists!

Any feedback welcome...

socaldrummer
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2009, 8:05 PM   #102

today I thought I set the cam up walk across the court. and film. yes a basketball court. and i talked in a natural voice

Oh boy i got it on tape. ust that every time I started a plane went by Lol when I wanted to film someone came by. and then well i gave up.

maybe another quiet time I shall do.

I can say I was 64 ( 2 foot ) paces from the cam. and perfection

Old Feb 11, 2009, 7:19 PM   #103

http://www.vimeo.com/3180675

these are parots.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 4:44 PM   #104

Seen what I thought was a rainbow, did my best to vid, andsnap a pic. i got a pic, care to see. Close your eyes, imagine thecolours, yes that is as best as you're gonna get. Not just one, Two. Where's the thumbs down icon.

So as I were in a area , that was deffently a place to capture footage, I thought why not just shoot the trees., boy did they bend. a video is being made, if I only had jason Vorhees Music , and I do LOl buried deep in my collection

this be the scene forsure.

Enjoy when the video is placed up
Old Feb 12, 2009, 6:12 PM   #105

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51KKC4VdJYg

http://www.vimeo.com/3192501
Old Feb 13, 2009, 3:04 PM   #106

As the sun is rising, here is a shot on the building I am sure the pic needs more or less adjustment for a better still

Old Feb 13, 2009, 4:10 PM   #107

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AflFf7lvLJs

a windy day got some footage planes boat windy so hope it was not that bad

cam has some color this time LOl
Old Feb 18, 2009, 2:38 PM   #108

Today went out, and was at the high point overlooking the Hudson river. I had to tie the cam with the mini tripod securely to a post, did a 15 min clip, hopng I have a steadi shot.

At a given time when filming, wit hte GVS,I noticed , not having a issue wit hthe low battery icon this time, it will occure on the cams. I had the Card protect, wonder why we , or I am getting tossed icons up. I again am stuck by removing the sd card and reinserting, this allowed me to film.

otherwise I am stuck either formatting the sd or rebooting the cam. not good

the other day I had the sanyo with me and I think I am leaning to the GVS due to the cmos over a ccd. I may now like a simple point-n-shoot. when I at tines go on a vacation I do not need to sit there and think, which setting I should be in.

I had a mourning shot I know the GVS would fail, so it may be best i had a pro model at given times Lol

one day I feel this way, the next that way. glad I can blog my thoughts and hope it helps others

Old Feb 18, 2009, 10:48 PM   #109

socaldrummer wrote:
Quote:
Fishy you're the man - these reviews are great.

Can¬*anyone actually compare¬*the DXG-595V with this camera?¬* They are my two finalists!

Any feedback welcome...

socaldrummer
Well, I had purchased both the DXG-596V and the GVS, and the DXG went back. The video was not nearly as clear on the DXG in any of my tests. The GVS had far more detail-- you could see texture on the paint on walls, etc. In addition, the DXG's video brightness changed a lot when zooming-- the lens is not very good and didn't keep a stable exposure at all. Also, although the Aiptek sometimes does not ignore dead pixels, the DXG had constant dead pixels which never went away. The DXG also had a lot of trouble maintaining a focus, which the GVS seems to be very good at-- autofocus is always very fast and accurate. Lastly, the DXG had loud interference in the background sound of my videos due to my 16GB memory card (it didn't like my card).

I found the bundle and featureset included with the Aiptek GVS to be nicer than the DXG-596V and would recommend it over the DXG any day. It's obviously not a perfect pro camera, but I feel that it is a far better choice than the DXG in all aspects.
kevincognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2009, 5:10 PM   #110

hi, fishy huge thanks for your hard work to review all the camcorders out of the world :-) today my new ahd z700 or gvs is arrived. i test it a little bit and the quality of videos are good, but when i stick the usb cable in it my pc restarts. i've tested all usb ports and another usb cable, but it was the same result. another issue, when i put the composite in hd out, i have no signal when i choose "my video" folder, the menu before works where i can choose "settings" "camera" "my video" "voice rec". anyone an idea? thx devcoax
devcoax is offline   Reply With Quote