Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 21, 2009, 6:03 AM   #111

Welcome aboard Dev....

I have s many yes, I tend nott o plug my GVS in the usb port I use my Action HD as the full cam for t he pc . so I wish I had the fix, maybe i'll break down and demostrate , what happs a how to, if I can get what you're having trouble with.

1. If you are using tv playback cables.
  • standard tv [/*]
  • HDTV
[/*]
Standard tv will work the AV out and earpeice, that is the TOP plug behind the cover. the Yellow/white/red goes in there and to the regular or HDTV

HDTV you have to Use the RGB RED GREEN BLUE they go to the video only, and will not operate or set any functions to a vieable source, until you ALSO hook up the AV out TOP one with the WHITE?RED Audio cables they will now operate the cam.

a very simple miss.

Unsure why a pc resets when usb is hooked up sorry.

devcoax wrote:

Quote:
hi, fishy huge thanks for your hard work to review all the camcorders out of the world :-) today my new ahd z700 or gvs is arrived. i test it a little bit and the quality of videos are good, but when i stick the usb cable in it my pc restarts. i've tested all usb ports and another usb cable, but it was the same result. another issue, when i put the composite in hd out, i have no signal when i choose "my video" folder, the menu before works where i can choose "settings" "camera" "my video" "voice rec". anyone an idea? thx devcoax
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2009, 6:47 AM   #112

Hello, thx for the fast response. i put the gvs on a hdtv with compo for the best quality (lg 32lc51) today i played a little bit to find the bug and i found something. what did you see on your tv when your gvs is connected with hd-out and you turn on the cam? i have no signal but when i hold the left button with the little camera on it, it show me what i filming now like a webcam but only when i put and hold the button. i can record too, but not looking at it because the no signal problem when i choose my videos. the usb porblem is a hard f...! i'ven't a sdhc cardreader and tested all my cams an my printers card reader but nothing read it. i cant lock at my videos or pictures and thats suxxs a little bit :-) the last chance to connect with the av but i didn't buy a lcd to watch my videos in sd^^. can you give me the link pls where i can find out which fw i have? best regards dev
devcoax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2009, 2:00 PM   #113

Dual recording

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9uETv7R9is

can always learn more when you're looking over yourcam

Old Feb 21, 2009, 3:07 PM   #114

I have the video and have found the fw is the 1903. I do not know what the problem is but I just do not come more into the firmware mode. perhaps my joystick is inaccurate because I have quite a lot trying to get only once in the fw mode . in your videos is quite simple but my cam didn't do it again. could someone please upload the latest firmware somewhere? thx dev
devcoax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2009, 3:58 PM   #115

I just love how today of all days three people ask for firmware. I believe I respoded and got a epty page LMAO. not at you. oh well, Aiptek does not make money to be open-oops they suckered your money to be closed on Sat-sun, when they open they'll answer in the order it was recieved. you'll get your firmware that way. not the answer yo like to hear.

loading firmware voids warranty, guess all wants a voided warranty outside of Aiptek. mouse button is accurate do not lean to the side. I know do not aske me LOL

devcoax wrote:
Quote:
I have the video and have found the fw is the 1903. I do not know what the problem is but I just do not come more into the firmware mode. perhaps my joystick is inaccurate because I have quite a lot trying to get only once in the fw mode . in your videos is quite simple but my cam didn't do it again. could someone please upload the latest firmware somewhere? thx dev
Old Feb 22, 2009, 10:55 AM   #116

it is Amazing of the infomation we find online to be either correct or wrong

the info is of a 60 fps camcorder only in

HD720P and DVD WVGA, not HD1080p

Also saying thestils have a stabilizer,

while the cam never shows this

Record 1440x1080p HiDef resolution video

which is 4.5 times better than the DVD quality.

Display the most vivid video through your HDTV at your home.

Double Frame Rate, Cherish Beautiful Instants
Another fancy highlight of PocketDV AHD-1 Pro is the high-speed motion recording function. It records 60 frames per second precisely with amazing 1080p (1440x1080) high resolution. The kids running to you, the rapidly flow of river, PocketDV AHD-1 Pro preserves every second in a bElectronic Image Stabilization (E.I.S.)

[align=right][/align]

In order to offer you better video quality, PocketDV AHD-1 Pro equips with the electronic image stabilization (E.I.S.), the Gyro Sensor, to neutralize the camera shake. The Gyro Sensor brings you the most stable images without blur and allows you to catch every detail at precise quality. The function is design for 60 frames per second modes.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 12:18 PM   #117

Fishycomics,

Nice info. thanks, for posting it for us
NuttySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2009, 4:19 PM   #118

TodayI thought I snap afew dual record shots, no need forvideo here

you will see colours, you decide if the colors are good or not, one of the stills is not a dual record still.

sun can one read what the plane says on there? the sign of the building

or even thedanger of a railroad crossing sign

they are just that up here, happy you see them and priceless if there was a captured moment

enjoy

Old Feb 28, 2009, 12:30 PM   #119

The GVS

is deffently a device to fool around with.

Wondering if theFirmware for the HD1 and or HSHS are all the same, because, nowwe can activate, in firmware not needing a company not saying Aiptek, just saying you can do this all on your own

the MP3 or music player of the GVS

the webcam of the GVS

wondering if we need to create a folder, by using another cam or naming one will work, as i have to keep trying. We may see it, but may not be able to activate it, unless we have to go into the fw itself, deeper

We now have tht capability to fool with the fw as a member found this simple find we all overlooked LOL or didwe.

Old Feb 28, 2009, 6:12 PM   #120

Well some mo info.

on aiptek.com the site says the specs are three resolutions and left out one 720P [email protected] fps it is four resolutions. nowhere on the site will it longer say interpolated software enhanced.

while we think something, just something does not seem right

I am afraid it is my opinion and on that note again thank you see below