Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 18, 2009, 9:28 AM   #141

Ok, thanks. Looks like the only HD mode that support the stabilization function is [email protected] (I use [email protected] most of the time).

I plan to use it to record presentations I give, with PowerPoint slides in the background (and sometime showing of security tools). What settings would you recommend?
Irongeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2009, 9:34 AM   #142

I should have said:

it is a 60 fps stabilization cam only the only two modes are wvga, AND hd720P

THE hd 720p 30 AND hd1080p 30 ARE NOT STABILIZATION..
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2009, 9:43 AM   #143

Cool, thanks. I'm still deciding if I like it better than the old one. Also, I'd still like to hear folks recommendations on what mode to use. It's important to me that folks be able to read the screen behind me when I present, but I'm not sure the extra file size is worth it.
Irongeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2009, 12:09 PM   #144

oh yes, I totally agree. and will do this to help others out.

I am in my eyes the only one doign hte best I can. thank you for the advice.

:|wifi is a trip LOL
Old Mar 18, 2009, 1:26 PM   #145

HDfan23 wrote:
Quote:
Wow that would be awesome if the description of this RCA model is true but looking at the price, looks to be a misprint. I'm also a proponent of taking the next step with these budget camcorders, and upping performance to 1080p 60FPS. If this can be confirmed with the RCA model, I'm sold. Currently have an Aiptek GVS, probably will be selling my DXG-595v soon, was good while it lasted, GVS just slightly better.

AkumaX wrote:
Quote:
Lastly, for a new prospectivehybrid cam, this new RCA supposedly will do 1080p @ 60fps:

http://www.amazon.com/RCA-EZ409HD-Sm.../dp/B001RIYOBK

Other RCA that does 720p @ 60fps:

http://www.amazon.com/RCA-EZ209HD-Wo...dp/B001RIYOBA/
I'm pretty sure it's not a price mistake. You can pre-order it from Amazon right now, and they'll honor the pre-order price. Not sure how good this camera would be, since there's no real specs besides the frame rate (optical zoom? OIS?)

@ fishy,
I forgot that Vimeo lets you download the source as well. However, for the most unbiased 60fps comparisons, I will upload the source as well. But, I'm not sure if all computers can playback the full 60fps, which is why I listed those methods w/ different Media Players. To me, the difference between 30fps vs 60fps is night and day. I want to see 1080p 60fps, haha.
AkumaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2009, 2:09 PM   #146

AkumaX wrote:
Quote:
HDfan23 wrote:
Quote:
Wow that would be awesome if the description of this RCA model is true but looking at the price, looks to be a misprint. I'm also a proponent of taking the next step with these budget camcorders, and upping performance to 1080p 60FPS. If this can be confirmed with the RCA model, I'm sold. Currently have an Aiptek GVS, probably will be selling my DXG-595v soon, was good while it lasted, GVS just slightly better.

AkumaX wrote:
Quote:
Lastly, for a new prospectivehybrid cam, this new RCA supposedly will do 1080p @ 60fps:

http://www.amazon.com/RCA-EZ409HD-Sm.../dp/B001RIYOBK

Other RCA that does 720p @ 60fps:

http://www.amazon.com/RCA-EZ209HD-Wo...dp/B001RIYOBA/
I'm pretty sure it's not a price mistake. You can pre-order it from Amazon right now, and they'll honor the pre-order price. Not sure how good this camera would be, since there's no real specs besides the frame rate (optical zoom? OIS?)

@ fishy,
I forgot that Vimeo lets you download the source as well. However, for the most unbiased 60fps comparisons, I will upload the source as well. But, I'm not sure if all computers can playback the full 60fps, which is why I listed those methods w/ different Media Players.
Sorry I meant to ask if the 1080p 60fps was the misprint, not the price. Seeing it at $149.99 for a camcorder that can do 1080p 60fps is pretty darn good, that's the only other thing that puts the icing on the cake for these budget camcorders. Of course I don't expect it to be as good as high end HD camcorders but being at least as good as current budget ones is fine. Currently only high end camcorders that are 3 - 4x the price have that ability. 1080p 30fps is still good as long as you use a tripod, which is what most of these budget camcorders can already do, but 1080p 60fps with stabalization would be awesome. I'm already more than happy with what we currently have, in my case the Aiptek GVS, just that one extra morsel is all I ask at an affordable price. BTW, the release date for the RCA EZ409HD has now pushed back to Sept '09.
HDfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2009, 2:39 PM   #147

LOL that's hilarious, from April to September? By that time some of the Mid-High Budget HD Cams like the Canon HF100 should drop down pretty low... And we still don't know if the RCA has OIS or not. It looks slim though, and able to comete with Vado/Zi6/MinoHD.

I love the 'Cheap' HD Cam market that we have right here. The Aiptek's/DXG/etc... sure give you a lot for the $$$ ($100-$200), and it's hard to find something comparable in this price range without jumping up to $400+ for more quality.

That being said, there are some new hybrids coming out; Canon / Panasonic / Sony are all going to have a P&S (and more) w/ 720p capability, which would basically be saying that for some of the higher end (not too high), it would be a poor man's SLR w/ a single lens, but all the manual controls (ISO/Shutter Speed/Aperture), and video. Tempting!
AkumaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2009, 3:54 AM   #148

Hi all! I just got a Aiptek Z700 (European version of GVS), I'm really happy with it, but.... I checked firmware version... 1904 and I wrote to Aiptek asking to send me the newest firmware available (2402 I think). But they didn't answer yey. I read on the forum the better firmware are 3002 and 2402, coul you please send them to me or give a link where I can download. :-)

Thank you very much.
Alessio

Private message me

edited due to email

ale.pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2009, 4:13 AM   #149

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...=92&page=2
jo7878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2009, 8:28 AM   #150

http://vimeo.com/3795769

Here is a Hockey movie, cannot Upload all clips, so here is a HD720p [email protected] clip knowing online sites are kept to a minimalfile size for fastest playing speedup/down loads.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6RHRCV4O25.08 mb

the clip has no action in it the team is being talked to as the game is about to begin, while hte otherteam is going through their chant to the side. this clip is concidered more a Sound test then anything else.

here is a video still shot one of hd720p [email protected], that will be 1/60th of a sec frame. The details are there, never being a 12megapixal shot or the worst shot ever. The moment is there, captured, and still can print out a small still. the still is up and am sure it is the samefile size loaded, by lunapic.com

video download avaiable as well. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CDOBEAF1

Action is there. and the clips can be played back on ANy HD AIptek camcorder. it may be possable that the lower HD ones may not playbacl orvica-verca.

once again this was posted before and demo'ing the cams in every detail for you, no need to go into every exact detail , by detail,by detail nota perfectionest orpro. ortheonly one.:G

enjoy Hd filming at its best