Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 20, 2009, 2:40 PM   #191

you got an update already, correct. and you want to update to what posted 2:40pm april 20 2009

mooneyes13 wrote:
Quote:
I am trying to obtain the software updates for my camera that you were talking about so I registered my GVS and e-mailed them to ask for updates.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2009, 5:17 PM   #192

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfNABpuaKYA

ENjoy the clip for now
Old Apr 20, 2009, 6:16 PM   #193

Hi Fishy,
how is the nightmode with this new firmware mode ?
Does it again have the Macro trick mode ?
How is the external mike sensivity ?
In my 1904 firmware the external Aiwa Electret mike was much too loud !
I have downloaded the 2403 firmware, but wanted directly to flash now the latest version...

Where do I get this new version from ?
Regards, Stefan.
hartiberlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2009, 11:46 PM   #194

I contacted aiptek as well. we shall see if they will give up the firmware. Let me know how it goes for ya.
chrisolicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2009, 1:08 AM   #195

yes FW 2703 is out

Night mode on 2703 you're asking?
Old Apr 21, 2009, 2:48 PM   #196

I got my first response back from aiptek today, They asked me for a short vid showing the "problem". Thats why i dislike calling tech support. Ill probably spend a week back and forth with em just so they will finally send what i requested. oh well maybe they will get me the firmware after all. cross your fingers. i currently have the 2003 firmware and the color is really bland and the eis doesn't seem to work at all. But ive seen the raw footage linked here and i know this cam can do better.:G
Old Apr 22, 2009, 3:16 AM   #197

I will try to contact Aiptek to find out about these updates. If i can get them I will host them for DL.
mooneyes13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2009, 5:59 AM   #198

As others who are Tryi g to DL and load FW. You must follw the rules by the T, if you do not Plug in thebattery, and its charger, you'll wind up with more risk of interrupting the flash, and cause the bios to fail. and leading to a returned cam to Aiptek, they may not accept the warranty. those who love to bypas the support will find it harder.

Reason why you must Register, request by email, andbe on file.

It is feedback to the company, helps them grow to be a better company.

I have been this comapny from the start about, and followed Mpost their cams, and know how things work there. and why I cannot Empisize enough to , go that route.

If one wants the Fwwe'll get it going . thanks.

mooneyes13 wrote:
Quote:
I will try to contact Aiptek to find out about these updates. If i can get them I will host them for DL.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 11:00 PM   #199

I got firmware today, they sent me 2402 which works much better than 2003, the colors are richer and i can finally use it inside the house. also it seems like the frame buffer in the 1080 mode is a little better. the image does not "swish" like it used to if you moved too fast. There is a link to the same firmware listed at Steves-digicams.com Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams > Aiptek Z700 vs HD D10

just be sure to follow the instruction later in the forum about re naming the file
Old Apr 23, 2009, 8:05 AM   #200

THe fw given is old and happy t ohearthey felt it was to your needs.

chrisolicious wrote:
Quote:
I got firmware today, they sent me 2402 which works much better than 2003, the colors are richer and i can finally use it inside the house. also it seems like the frame buffer in the 1080 mode is a little better. the image does not "swish" like it used to if you moved too fast. There is a link to the same firmware listed at Steves-digicams.com Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams > Aiptek Z700 vs HD D10

just be sure to follow the instruction later in the forum about re naming the file