Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 25, 2009, 6:21 PM   #231

hate to say itall depends on the persons day , how they awoke, and gotten to work. my hatt off to Aiptek.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2009, 6:26 PM   #232

As I have today loaded FW 2602, and have not taken fw 2703 with me. I lost my sunglasses in the soup, nad I did not wantto lose the cam as well.

I set out to film.

I cannot see a screen in pure daylight.

I do not know if it was recording.

I again always get a Low batt level, and now know why I get a low batt level, or do I, I think we are all guessing.

I now get a Low speed card. while recording it will say low speed, and stop the recording.

I also noticed my battery level being low, rather get a low battery leve I get a low speed, and cam is turning off.

yes this occured on both different cams, not just one.

I even lost shots that were important, and one that would have shown oh no you did that.

SO yes I say thank you for lost footage, at least I got the first half. while the second half was very tireing
Old Apr 25, 2009, 6:54 PM   #233

I've been playing with 2602 quite a bit today and i haven't had any probs in fact i found that 720 at 60frames looks better than it used to. white objects in the distance used to look overblown and lacked detail before but now they are much sharper. I've never seen that speed error, have you tried the trancend class 6 cards, they are cheap at amazon and they transfer about 25 megs a second
t
chrisolicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2009, 7:22 PM   #234

neverdid I have a issue. the lowsped error is on both cams. I keep to a genral card sold in stores like BEstbuy.. no need for speed. It is funny because it poped up on 2602 tody, and 2703 yesterday.

like I said in the pure daylightit was hard to tell, and that was one reason lost shots.

have not time yet to view the video I shot.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 9:06 PM   #235

http://vimeo.com/4331836

on vimeo DL for you.

Spent five hours Paddling the Concord, and Upset that the camcorder could not do its job correctly.

Angle of camcorder is out of the correct field of depth , its in a optical zoom of 1.4x not 0.0x

so shots were incorrectly angled up, down and lil foward.

pure daylight made viewing Harsh, wish the Bullet record was bigger a lot bigger, if done corectly possablw with a background, and red bullet forgorund.

Well maybe in a few weeks I can repeat this, gota good price to go, maybe net time I'll geta better view.

I have a clip made and I taken hte trusty Jazz with me but nevershot video, wish I did, the pictures are of the Jazz while all video of the AIptek, when posted.

Worse yet I cannt grab any footage off of hte terriable angles I shot. never dissappointed, I had fun, and that is all that mattered today

issues during shoot:

angle

low speed error

low battery

exhausted batteries.

Old Apr 25, 2009, 10:29 PM   #236

As i just finished the clip, will work on titles and some more editing. the high pitch sound seems to be gone. fw 2602 I do not hear it, wwonder also if 2703 has no high pitch sound

stay tuned for a review if i can get one out

the video will be loaded soon not today.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 5:43 PM   #237

http://vimeo.com/4342911

FW2602 as promised enjoy the clip on the concord river
Old Apr 27, 2009, 6:42 AM   #238

http://vimeo.com/4352230

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxgZx9u6pOU

here are the same clip one Ialready used my hd up the other in. one is a swf site the other FLV site or they the same I tend to forget.

Enjoy the clips shows you Full zoom, macro, and slow mo shot asalways in default 720P [email protected] online,
Old Apr 27, 2009, 9:48 AM   #239
ojp

Glad to hear that the "AF lock" works well on the Aiptek GVS.. I do have another related question...

In this camera will I have to set the "AF lock" each time the camera is turned back on or, can I set it so that "AF lock" is always on even if I turn the camera off and back on?

Now a couple of unrelated questions. I think I read that the camera has a filter ring size of 27mm. Is this true? Does it really have the thread to screw in a filter?

Also Is the audio recorded in Stereo? It seems to have two microphones on the back of the lcd. Is the connector for the external microphone stereo?

Thanks for your help,

- OJP
ojp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2009, 3:04 PM   #240

I can answer your af lock question. the af lock can be toggled before you begin to shoot video and will remain locked during filming until you zoom. then it will go back to auto. and when you shut down the camera it goes back to auto focus. the downside is you cant toggle the focus lock while shooting. Its not perfect but its handy. as for the lens ring. its not threaded nor is it removable. hope that helps.

In the matter of the mic in being stereo capable, thats a good question. I doubt it but ya never know.
chrisolicious is offline   Reply With Quote