Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 27, 2009, 2:10 PM   #241
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,621
Default

The Af lock can be set to lock, once the zoom is touched the lock goes OFF.

The AF lock can be triggered by right use of mouse, or settings, there is no Lock to lock the focus flash and Nightshot are the ones that are able to be saved.

and no you cannot toggle in recording especially on 2602 just tried LOL

Are you sure it was nota picture, that said: if pic does not show go to main topic

ojp wrote:

Quote:
Glad to hear that the "AF lock" works well on the Aiptek GVS.. I do have another related question...


In this camera will I have to set the "AF lock" each time the camera is turned back on or, can I set it so that "AF lock" is always on even if I turn the camera off and back on?


Now a couple of unrelated questions. I think I read that the camera has a filter ring size of 27mm. Is this true? Does it really have the thread to screw in a filter?

Also Is the audio recorded in Stereo? It seems to have two microphones on the back of the lcd. Is the connector for the external microphone stereo?

Thanks for your help,

- OJP
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2009, 2:39 PM   #242
ojp
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2
Default

Thank you for your quick responses...

Let me expand on my questions a little bit.

As far as the Auto Focus Lock.. What I'm trying to do is use a lens adapter called a "beam splitter". Basically it splits the image into two (creating an effect as if the camera had two lenses). This is used for 3d or stereoscopic photography and videos. The main problem with using this kind of lens adapter with auto focus is that some cameras will be completely confused by the two images (specifically the line in the middle that splits the two images). So I need to be able to set the camera to infinity/fixed focus (basically as if it was an older Aiptek that did not have auto focus) to prevent focus problems. It is not good enough to be able to turn off auto focus after the camera turns on. This lens is not one that is easy to attach/remove and if the camera sees the lens when it turns on wit auto focus on it may completely get the focus wrong and locking it at that point will not help at all.


I'm not sure I understood the answer as it relates to the ability to use a filter on this camera (maybe I worded my question strangely). At the beginning of this forum an image of the Aiptek GVS is shown with a 27mm filter attached (with the caption of "Platinum Plus 27mm Lens filter"). So it is safe to assume that the camera has a 27mm thread for filters? That really what I wanted to verify.

Thanks again,

- OJP
ojp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2009, 3:05 PM   #243
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,621
Default

your answer in a picture see below. I never said it had threads, I shown that it is possable to attach a 27mm pkg on that costed 3.00, then BAM all wants info...

so hope that explains the thread, while others could have snapped the same thing in a Mirror see beloe the first one.



and yes soon I need to get all that dust particals out LOM 3m glued lens filter.

fast reply as always gotta luv the site.





ojp wrote:
Quote:
Thank you for your quick responses...

Let me expand on my questions a little bit.

As far as the Auto Focus Lock.. What I'm trying to do is use a lens adapter called a "beam splitter". Basically it splits the image into two (creating an effect as if the camera had two lenses). This is used for 3d or stereoscopic photography and videos. The main problem with using this kind of lens adapter with auto focus is that some cameras will be completely confused by the two images (specifically the line in the middle that splits the two images). So I need to be able to set the camera to infinity/fixed focus (basically as if it was an older Aiptek that did not have auto focus) to prevent focus problems. It is not good enough to be able to turn off auto focus after the camera turns on. This lens is not one that is easy to attach/remove and if the camera sees the lens when it turns on wit auto focus on it may completely get the focus wrong and locking it at that point will not help at all.


I'm not sure I understood the answer as it relates to the ability to use a filter on this camera (maybe I worded my question strangely). At the beginning of this forum an image of the Aiptek GVS is shown with a 27mm filter attached (with the caption of "Platinum Plus 27mm Lens filter"). So it is safe to assume that the camera has a 27mm thread for filters? That really what I wanted to verify.

Thanks again,

- OJP
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2009, 8:33 PM   #244
Member
 
chrisolicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 44
Default

I finally had a chance to go back and look at some of the vids i took with the original firmware the cam had (2003) no wonder i almost sent it back, the colors are so muted and there is quite a bit more noise. I'm glad they decided to improve the firmware. i think im pretty happy with 2602. the only down side is with the improved night shot the stuck pixel in my cam is really visable , but otherwise you dont see it in the daylight settings. so no worries
chrisolicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2009, 8:48 PM   #245
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,621
Default

where exactly is this stuck Pixal, it's important that we all know.



chrisolicious wrote:
Quote:
I finally had a chance to go back and look at some of the vids i took with the original firmware the cam had (2003) no wonder i almost sent it back, the colors are so muted and there is quite a bit more noise. I'm glad they decided to improve the firmware. i think im pretty happy with 2602. the only down side is with the improved night shot the stuck pixel in my cam is really visable , but otherwise you dont see it in the daylight settings. so no worries
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2009, 8:58 PM   #246
Member
 
chrisolicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 44
Default

its only visible in night mode, and its about a fifth of the way in from the right of the screen, and a quarter way up from the bottom. you could see it slightly with the original firmware, but since the night shot is so much brighter now it really stands out. I usually export my finished vids to wmv9 (vc-1) and the encoder seems to wipe it out.
chrisolicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2009, 10:00 PM   #247
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,621
Default

I ask this as there is one more person added to the list now that pixal is basically where mine is at as well bottom mid right

I believe the black, and white ****K paper test is a defect. wonder if there are others as well.

chrisolicious wrote:
Quote:
its only visible in night mode, and its about a fifth of the way in from the right of the screen, and a quarter way up from the bottom. you could see it slightly with the original firmware, but since the night shot is so much brighter now it really stands out. I usually export my finished vids to wmv9 (vc-1) and the encoder seems to wipe it out.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2009, 10:05 AM   #248
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,621
Default

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0cfCflQfT4

fw 2703 issues continue

film, slowspeed card error pops once , slowspeed card eror pops over existing one, and clock 1:05:59 APPEARS.

colck time is incorrect the real time is at 1600 hrs.

this is a issue. like i over and over state low battery icon.

2602 does the same lowspeed card, while I hadno issues since day one AIptek what are you doing!

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2009, 12:25 PM   #249
Member
 
chrisolicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 44
Default

Thats really weird, Mine has never done that. ive been using 2602 since the 24th of april. I never used 2703 though. have you tried flashing back to 2503. im just curious to see if that would make the errors go away.
chrisolicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2009, 1:52 PM   #250
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,621
Default

those errors occure everytime I flash foward to 2602, and 2702. whengone back to others it is fine.

makes you wonder if it is a Bios issue or not. Until I can get a confirmed answer it is a trouble.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:25 PM.