Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 30, 2009, 12:20 AM   #271

i figured i'd give aiptek a call again in a month or so. after they settled on a firmware revision. i think they have got the cam working about as well as they can. so no worries here. i would like 2703 but i figure the cam can't get much better. In the future though, i will not buy a product that doesn't have a link for firmware on their site. Heck even dxg has a link for firmware with their new cam. Ive had dxg cams and they are of a lower quality than the aiptek.

chrisolicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2009, 5:22 AM   #272

The size of 2503 and 2602is the same (13953024 bytes). It`s the same firmware. And probably just named 2602 for Z700 camera.All the previous firmwaresalways has a different sizes.
proletary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2009, 7:04 AM   #273

It is all "A GAME"

A "BIG GAME"

not sure but when you ask, its just a plane ole secret.

When 2602 was released it's a Beta- test firmware, I wonder as well as 2703.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2009, 9:13 AM   #274

Stupid question, but how do you check the firmware and most important how do you upload new firmware and where do you get it?

I know it's probably somewhere in the 14 pages of post, but I though someone had a quick answer..

Thanks a lot.

I am enjoying this camera..it has its quirks, but it looks AMAZING in decent lighting (yes even indoors).
gazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2009, 9:46 AM   #275

Mode

joystick hold down,( do not let go) with the still fully pressed (two stage)

3 secs the fw shows

mouse in the up same proceedures done.

gazoo wrote:
Quote:
Stupid question, but how do you check the firmware and most important how do you upload new firmware and where do you get it?

I know it's probably somewhere in the 14 pages of post, but I though someone had a quick answer..

Thanks a lot.

I am enjoying this camera..it has its quirks, but it looks AMAZING in decent lighting (yes even indoors).
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2009, 9:51 AM   #276

Thanks. I finally located the firmware stuff. Sounds like you prefer we contact Aiptek. I'll give that a shot, but if that doesn't work I'll come back again and ask around.
gazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2009, 12:22 PM   #277

I'm glad I'm only using Class6 cards w/ my GVS

chrisolicious wrote:
Quote:
class 6 is the highest, they are rated at 30MB a second. Not bad for a memory card. I use the cheap trancend ones from amazon and they work great. did you guys try formating the cards with the camera before use, just wondering
Actually Class 6 means that the card is "guaranteed" to have a minimum write speed of 6 MB/s. Any more than that is just an additional bonus. And it only has to to do with write speed (nothing towards read speed).

My A-Data 16GB SDHC Class 6 does 20 MB/s Read | 12 MB/s write.
My A-Data 16GB MicroSDHC Class 6 does 15 MB/s Read | 9 MB/s write.

I've seen some of those SanDisk Extreme VI that advertise 30 MB/s speeds, but it doesn't say whether it counts for read OR write speeds, haha.
AkumaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2009, 2:07 PM   #278

Asked Aiptek today for the 2702 firmware. They`resaid that they are do not have 2703 Firmware in USA.

2503 is the latest what they`re have.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 3:16 PM   #279

Thats what they told me last week. theres a link to 2602 earlier in this topic. it was for the z700 from europe but they have the same model number and ive been running the 2602 with no probs.proletary wrote:
Quote:
Asked Aiptek today for the 2702 firmware. They`resaid that they are do not have 2703 Firmware in USA.

2503 is the latest what they`re have.
chrisolicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2009, 3:47 PM   #280

Well, as i told before - there`s no difference between the 2503 and 2602,but i hope we will have a newer firmware which probablyimprove the camera and our level of happiness :-)