Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 30, 2009, 6:30 PM   #281

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=92

enjoy
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2009, 6:45 AM   #282

Still no FW 2703 posted ?

I am going out today to film new things and I really miss the
dual recording of taking pics while doing video !

Damn, Aiptek, have not emailed me anything yet...
Fishy please upload anonymously under a different username
the 2703 firmware.
many thanks in advance.

Regards, Stefan.
hartiberlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2009, 12:20 PM   #283

Hello, Since all the top tier electronics makers have the forsight to actually post a link to their firmware, i see no harm in posting it here. So heres 2703.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AUEIWQS0

Dont forget to check for private messages, its right next to your login

bye!!!
firmwaredude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2009, 12:44 PM   #284

yeah i figure aiptek is afraid some one is going to reverse engineer their products, the competition in asia is much steeper than here and the laws protecting your products dont have any teeth. i guess thats why they dont want to put up a link on their website. It is kind of ridiculous to have to call em and lie to em just to get the newest firmware. Sometimes theyll just give it to ya no questions asked but sometimes you have to come up with a reason why you need it. And as someone who bought the product i beleive thats the only reason i need in order to get the firmware. I really like this cam but next time ill spend the extra money and buy from one of the big boys. (sony, jvc, canon, samsung, kodak)
chrisolicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2009, 6:04 PM   #285

FYI a topic was made

FW patch release info.(link)

And for some very helful.

As most do not know, and some do not care, that a few things will occure when challenging firmware, and $250.00 is a drop in a bucket for some and hard earned allowance for others.Do not be upset if someone asks to edit........

FW 2602 is a beta-test, not released for public will have issues.

FW2703 is not for the GVS but for the Z700, and will fault the GVS, AIptek will no longer warranty GVS with fw flashed, if you are given outside source files you'll be on your own..

I never have a issue, just others do. I thank you. FISHY.

Old May 6, 2009, 12:00 AM   #286

http://www.vimeo.com/4503796
mooneyes13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2009, 1:59 AM   #287

Hey just out of curiosity , what is everyones favorite shooting mode, 1080 or 720 at 60 frames. I always have the toughest time making up my mind. the 1080 is just so clear and sharp. but i have to use a tripod. while the 720 at 60 frames is so smooth and eis stabilized. which do all of you prefer?
Old May 6, 2009, 3:27 AM   #288

when I shoot I always keep to hd720P for online, while there is no reason to go to HD1080P when al is not a true hd online
Old May 6, 2009, 8:28 AM   #289

my problem is that when i shoot at 720 @ 60, the clips seem CHOPPY. But [email protected] seems to work fine.

With my last video, the ATV clip I just posted it was filmed at [email protected] and it looked choppy when I uploaded the video to my computer and watched in quicktime. when I coverted them over to mpeg they seemed fine.

has anyone had issues like this?
mooneyes13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2009, 10:32 PM   #290

yeah i have that issue, what it comes down to is your video card can hardware accelerate mpg and most avi as well as wmv containers so the video card takes much of the burden of rendering video away from the pc but the .mov apple stuff is alien to the video card acceleration. so it has to render the video pixel by pixel and requires considerably more processor power from your pc. By the way i used to like 720 at 60 frames the most until i got to use 1080 on a tripod, so now i haul a tripod around all the time. at 720 the forground looks about as good but the little details in the background get a little fuzzy. I always use 720 at 30 frames inside cause it has a wider field of view and in lower light the extra frames and resolution are wasted anyhow

Last edited by chrisolicious; May 6, 2009 at 11:03 PM.